Notices

I did it!!!!!

Old 04-02-2007, 08:08 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
KC1

I did it!!!!!

Well, I did it! I did it!!

I made it through Day 2 AND hosted a charity fundraiser in a BAR with a rock-n-roll band and free-flowing booze and I drank 10 DIET COKES. It was easy. I know it is only going to get harder as it's only Day 2, but I am so proud of myself for sticking to diet coke. A few people who know I drink (drank) wine offered me a glass but I just said no thanks and went around the bar asking people for donations to the cause - if I was keeping busy I didn't want a drink. One donor came over to me and my husband and offered to buy us a drink and my husband said "she doesn't drink" with a smile on his face. On our way home (I was driving, of course) my husband said "how does it feel to have spent the entire evening in a bar and not had one drink - think of how much better you will feel tomorrow morning."

Yes, it will feel good to wake up with a clear head, but I know the hard part has not yet begun.

Thanks again for all of the support.

KC

Old 04-02-2007, 08:11 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

That is progress! I am so pleased for you..

I assume you did not get fired?
Old 04-02-2007, 08:22 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

wow, kc.....that is amazing.......many people take years to do what you did tonight....it took a lot of courage and you should be very proud of yourself, as i'm sure you are.........

welcome to sr i'm glad you are here...

hugs
ayla
Old 04-02-2007, 08:32 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Looking For Myself...Sober

You should be very proud!!! I know I am. Great job. True test and you passed with flying colors.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
48615.jpg (4.6 KB, 33 views)
Old 04-02-2007, 08:54 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
KC1

Oh, yes, forgot to tell you about work this morning. I immediately went into our CEO's office and before I could speak, he said "so..you survived the gala huh?" I shut the door and sat down and said "I want to apologize to you for my behavior on Saturday night. It was unacceptable and unprofessional and it won't happen again." He brushed it off and said "it happens to all of us at some point, don't worry, we were all keeping an eye on you and wouldn't have let anything happen to you." I said "I appreciate that, but I want you to know that I do know that I grabbed your butt and I apologize." He laughed it off and said "I really appreciate your coming in here to apologize, but please don't sweat it - like I said, it happens to all of us from time to time. You stayed with us at our table and no one else knew you were drunk. We took care of you." And then he turned around went back to work. I guess I am very lucky and fortunate to have such an "understanding" boss and I did not have to admit to him that there is a drinking problem here. I don't think he realizes that I have NO recollection of the night. I just decided the least said the better and since he kind of dismissed me by turning around to his work, I didn't need to say anything else.

I then went back to my office and phoned the EVP (the woman) and said basically the same thing. She said "you didn't have very much wine at all and I was surprised you were so drunk, but don't worry - we kept you right with us and in sight and if you weren't with us, one of us made sure we kept an eye on you - please don't apologize - we understand and I'm sure we've all had nights like that." I said "again, my behavior was unacceptable and unprofessional for a business setting and it will never ever happen again." She then went on to tell me of a night 4 years ago before she became EVP and was at a work function and someone talked her into trying shots. She said she had 4 and puked all over the ladies room. She thanked me for calling and said to forget the incident and move on.

So that is what I am doing. Putting it behind me and KNOWING I will NEVER do it again. Onward to Day Three.

Thanks so much everyone...I really don't know what I'd do without you here.

KC
Old 04-03-2007, 03:06 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Very glad that you took responsibility for your part that night, and that they were so understanding.
Is it required for you to spend much time in bars and/or around a lot of booze while working? Please be very careful. My own experience is that I can't be around a lot of alcohol, unless I absolutely must, and only for short periods of time. I've relapsed too many times because my sobriety was not strong, and I was emotionally vulnerable. It can happen when you least expect it.
That being said, it's good to see you being so positive and doing so well.
Please keep posting.

Rowan
Old 04-03-2007, 04:41 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

KC, happy to hear your on day three... did the right thing w/work also.. and move'n on...

just some wisdom that was passed on to me, i'm pass'n on to you... this is a recovery site right?

i went to a bash, came back and said... Wheeeeeeeeeeeew!... made it...

this old fart comes up to me and says...kid, it aint this one you have to worry about now... its the next, then the next, then the next... stay on top of your recovery is what i mean... i see said zip... lol

good wishes KC...

xxoo, rz
Old 04-03-2007, 05:39 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Rock-chalk-jayhawk..

wtg kc! you sound very possitive. thats what its gonna take. always nice to get that blckout stuff outta the way. i know it helps me to know what ive done. that kinda worry can eat you up. so i say good job getting that taken care of. takes alotta guts. keep er goin