Notices

Ok so you're happy... lol... WHACK! take that!

Old 03-29-2007, 09:41 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Ok so you're happy... lol... WHACK! take that!

Ok things were rolling pretty good...

Coasting in the Job arena... starting to really get going at work... getting things done... getting my drive back..

Home... wife and I really clicking for the 1st time in 8 years...

Self... No drinking... starting to excercise again...

spirituality... coming to grips with my HP... really getting into a new way of thinking... I feel like I am changing...

I feel like I am making a metamorphisis...

WHAMO... Company I work for sold...

that makes 3 mergers/acquisistions in 2.5 years... I'm on my 3rd job in a year... merger... next job 30 days... annouce merger... now here not even a year... Merger...

Oh... I really wasn't ready for this...

I do feel like drinking... BUT... I don't want to suck myself into that vortex of self-pitty again...

I am really scared this time... probably not more scared than the last 2 times... but this time I am allowing myself to feel it... I know where the fear comes from and instead of hiding from it... I am going to do something about it...

OR so I say...

Will I choke... or will I hit a home run...

Ok time to go make some lemonade... BUT man that is a big pile of lemons...
Old 03-29-2007, 09:52 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I hear ya! It's quite the rollercoaster ride, my friend.

It sounds like you are doing the right things in your life- congrats to you!

You can handle this- Life on Life's Terms.....

Will you choke or hit a homerun? Today it sounds like you have already hit it out of the ballpark! Tomorrow be ready to step back up to the plate.

xoxo T
Old 03-29-2007, 09:53 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Girl Interupted

You will hit a home run, just keep believing in Y-O-U!
Old 03-29-2007, 10:01 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
I'm a Pickle

A prayer said for you... It will all work out...
Old 03-29-2007, 10:17 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Hang in there..you are experiencing this sober, which can be scary. There is a light at the end of tunnel.
Old 03-29-2007, 10:33 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Wink

Debaucher,

I've been throught the same thing.

The first time i had a major job eruption i was working for a fortune 500 company. had been there 20 years. my greatest fear had always been losing my job. i had visions of staying there and retiring. I had a daughter in her sophomore year at the most expensive school in the country and another a senior in high school.

What happen's? F**kin Downsized me. My worst nightmare had come true. I spent the better part of two weeks crying, so fearful that I wasn't going to be able to find a job, depressed, pissed, and everything else you could imagine.

A friend of mine at the f 500 company i just left, in casual conversation, told me of another company that i should call. I did, I called and left a message wth the vice president. we than had one interview on the phone and within two weeks of losing my other job, had another. What's wild is that for so long I wanted the shelter of a big company and all it's benefits. I never realized there were jobs out there where i could make considerably more money. I've been with this company 9 years now and continue to make, on average, 3-4 times what i was making before.

I do believe that when one door closes, another opens.

the company i work for now has been throught 3 mergers/acquisitions. for me, not a blip on my radar when i comes to fear and uncertainty. having once lived through the previous story above, i feel invulnerable.

I've come to find out that I'm good at what I do. As such, if I lose this job, i can always find another. I'm 56 years old now, but i still believe that regardless of my age, i will always find employment if I'm good at what i do.

Hope this helps. You will ride out this uncertainty. besides, what's the worst thing that can happen? you won't die, you don't want to drink, maybe you'll be unemployed for a few weeks. If you have a marketable skill, you will be in demand. Hell, I'm a salesman with no other marketable skills other than that. My job has nothing tangible behind it.

You'll do fine. take from someone who's been there.

Yours in sobriety,
Ed
Old 03-29-2007, 01:04 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

thanks ed...

I know I have a marketable skill...

I need to follow the fear and find where it leads me. I need to examine it... dissect it... TRUST it. The fear is there for a reason. It is telling me something. I need to listen to it and react APPROPRIETLY.

Not ignore it and drown it with booze...

I should accept it as something that was suppose to happen to me... or at least I could look at it as a good thing... an opportunity for personal growth...

I was resting on my laurels a bit in my career... and this is a kick in the butt to get me going...

thanks all for just letting me vent a bit...

Positive Mental Attitude... PMA baby!

You know what rocks...

Job or not... my life is good. OK there is a curve in the road... grab the wheel an turn... don't sit there complaining and drive off a cliff...

... I get to go home to a wife and 2 kids that love me... I get to read bed time stories... and I don't have to worry about what I'll eat for dinner because it will be taken care of... better yet I don't have to worry about IF I'll eat dinner...
Old 03-29-2007, 01:19 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Debaucher -

Keep up the positive attitude. Your life sounds pretty fine . .

TinLizzy
Old 03-29-2007, 02:33 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Wink

Debaucher,

I've learned just for me that I can put my fears into one of two categories...

1. I'm afraid of losing something I already have

2. I'm afraid of not getting something I really want

I've tried many times to find one my fears that doesn't fit one of these categories and I haven't been able to. It helps me get started analyzing what kind of fear I'm dealing with.

I hope it helps!!!!

Your friend in sobriety,
Ed
Old 03-29-2007, 02:35 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Debacher,

Have faith that your HP will see you through this - you sound like you have some solid sobriety - and a good attitude about what you're experiencing. Who knows what great things lie in store for you? Hang in there!

Rowan