Notices

day 3, sort of

Old 03-28-2007, 11:51 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

day 3, sort of

ok, here's the question: I've stayed off the booze for three days. The bad news is that I've smoked weed each of the 3. Here's my logic: the alcohol has a nasty physical addiction that I need to get past. So, I figured I'd use the weed to help me get over the hump. Sometimes I think this is completelt ******** as I'm still getting buzzed.....but sometimes I think there is a little logic there.

anyway, all I've thought about for days is drinking...and the little voice in my head is working overtime.
Old 03-28-2007, 12:24 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hi trapped,

A drug is a drug, whether it is alcohol or a mind altering substance such as pills, weed, and the such...

Others will be along with great information. Keep posting.
Old 03-28-2007, 12:44 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
let it grow!

it's nice to meet you, trapped. i know when my daughter was in rehab, she was taught that success comes from a 100% abstinence from all alcohol and drugs.

i hope you keep posting, and working on your recovery.

blessings, k
Old 03-28-2007, 01:04 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

The questions you need to ask yourself are:

Why do you need this in your life? Why do you need drugs to change the way you feel?

From my experience marijuana maintenance will lead right back to the alcohol, its just a matter of time.
Old 03-28-2007, 01:04 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Sober and Free

I think it is a personal choice, though different programs have different ideas around it. The goal of being sober is to not be relying on any substance but facing life clean.

I know people who have used pot to get over the drinking hump, then went completely clean. Quitting everything was too much, or some did not have a problem with pot and stopping usage after the DTs cleared was not an issue.

I also know people who quit drinking and become pot heads or substitue with som eother substance.