Notices

Hey My friends

Old 03-24-2007, 10:45 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
In Music We Trust

Hey My friends

Hi .. My names Chris.. I just joined today..
My handle seems to be the way it goes with me. I've lived a great life.. I have been drinking more than should. you all can relate to that eh!1 But I'm a artist. I write songs that tell it like it is.. I feel sometimes that I( can express myself from a soul point of view when I drink. I think that I'm a fake hero at times..
But I don't come from a family of drinkers. In fact.. I only drink wine.. that makes me a wino.... But I just joined and i guess my soul is bared .. Feeling like I need some guidance in life.. I feel that we all have sorrows in our lives. And I guess today.. I have some sorrows that are taking me down this path.. Isn't drinking such a bummer and yet.. It opens us up to what we seek inside??
If it wasn't for hangovers.. I think I would wake up and do it again. Life is good when you feel alive and faced with death. Your choices become your realities..
Old 03-24-2007, 10:54 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Welcome to SR Chris! This is a great site where you can find alot of great information and support. Ah wine, I loved wine.. still do, just don't drink it anymore. I hear you on the hangovers, I hear some alcoholics don't get hangovers but it never happened to me.

I hope your sorrows start to lift after a while away from the booze, mine did.
Old 03-24-2007, 11:05 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
In Music We Trust

Originally Posted by Talluleh View Post
Welcome to SR Chris! This is a great site where you can find alot of great information and support. Ah wine, I loved wine.. still do, just don't drink it anymore. I hear you on the hangovers, I hear some alcoholics don't get hangovers but it never happened to me.

I hope your sorrows start to lift after a while away from the booze, mine did.
Thanks Talluleh.. Guess I'm too new to give you a hug.. I tried.... Love your Rocker chick throwing up the horns..XO
Old 03-24-2007, 11:20 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

welcome to sr......i'm glad you found us here.....

i think the thought that drinking opens you up to what's inside is an illusion.......for me, drugs and alcohol only cloud what's truly inside me......it's only with sobriety (and antidepressants...hehe) that i have found true inspiration........it seems, at first that you have lost something of yourself when you quit.....but it takes time for your body and mind to adjust to sobriety.......for you to find balance again.......and find who you truly are.......my creativity has increased with sobriety.........i used to write songs and poetry a long time ago and i'm trying that out again......i like to make graphics on my computer......with a clear head things just come more easily for me..........

since you are a creative person, you should use the turmoil involved in early recovery and express it in words........i'm sure you know that your strong emotions will allow you to write some of your best work....

good luck to you......

hugs
ayla
Old 03-24-2007, 11:32 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Wink

Hey Chris,

"Slippin into Darkness" Wow, that takes me back about 30 years. What band was that? Maybe "War."

Glad you could come on and be a part. I know what you mean about thinking alcohol "expands our creative miinds." Way back when, I was in a rock band in New Orleans. I always thought I sang better when I was high. Little did I know that I was slurring many of the words. No one else seemed to notice though, because they were all sh*tfaced too.

Edgar Allan Poe was a consistent cocaine user and look what he produced. However, those instances are few and far between.

Anyway, good to have you here. doesn't matter what your problem is or isn't. If you're here, your part of the family. Stick around, you might get an idea for a song if nothing else.

The Who, Rod Stewart, Van Morrison, Mountain, The Doors, Jimi, Janis, and the rest of the crew.

Ed
Old 03-24-2007, 11:36 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Emmi

hey..im new here too. good luck to you and i hope you find the support you desire here. talk to you soon.

xoxo
Old 03-24-2007, 11:45 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Thumbs up

Emmi,

Glad to see you back. How are you?
Old 03-24-2007, 12:03 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Hi Slip'nn2'darkness, new around here too just wanted to say hi. I'd love to be a musician but I got to admit no talent for it. I write a little and once read a book 'on writing' by Stephen king - he goes into a lot of depth about his alcoholism and how for a long time he viewed it as being linked to his creative truth and his talent as an artist. It's been a long time since I read it now but you should be able to order it from most libaries, bookshops, it's worth a read.

Hi Emmi
Old 03-24-2007, 01:28 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
In Music We Trust

If you guys want anything from me right now.. then it's love. That is all I can give you..
" I tried to speak my mind but it fell on deaf ears.. These scars I've held with in for many years.. So many years.."
Golfman.. I lived in Smryna not too long ago.
You all said some nice things..
Oh.. you can never get too low when your so dam high..
Blessed Hell Ride..
Old 03-24-2007, 01:42 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Wink

Originally Posted by Slip'nn2Darknes View Post
If you guys want anything from me right now.. then it's love. That is all I can give you..
" I tried to speak my mind but it fell on deaf ears.. These scars I've held with in for many years.. So many years.."
Golfman.. I lived in Smryna not too long ago.
You all said some nice things..
Oh.. you can never get too low when your so dam high..
Blessed Hell Ride..

Sli'nn,

If love's what ya' got, then love's what we'll take, We hope we can give you something in return. Smyrna huh? Were you here for the music business in Nashville?
Old 03-24-2007, 01:48 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
In Music We Trust

Originally Posted by Golfman View Post
Sli'nn,

If love's what ya' got, then love's what we'll take, We hope we can give you something in return. Smyrna huh? Were you here for the music business in Nashville?
Golfman.. I'm a soul healer.. I love music but I'm a massage therapist for the past 27 years.. Had to do the hands on thing.. Met some great musicians while there. hence I Just touch the talented..It dosn't rub off by the way..
Old 03-24-2007, 02:02 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Hi Chris and welcome.

I agree with everything everyone said.

This is such a wonderful site with fantastic people. I have such faith in everyone here and I get my inspiration and a new connection to what is inside me from them and from my new found spirituatlity which has only come to me after stopping drinking.

Wine? I am with you and Tally. That was my only drink. We have such beautiful wines in NZ. Not for me now.

I was in a band once. That time of my life included heavy drinking (what's new?). Looking back, I can see that I was in the band to drink, I wasn't drinking because I was in a band. I was also a piano teacher. I haven't been able to play piano for a few years now. Playing Chopin after even one drink was impossible. I am rediscovering that joy these days.

It is lovely to have you here.
Old 03-24-2007, 03:57 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Welcome to SR CChris....
Old 03-24-2007, 03:59 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Hi Emmi,
Glad to see you again
Old 03-25-2007, 06:19 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  
In Music We Trust

Thanks again for the welcome Guy and gals..Woke up this morning SOBER!! Ya.. My first baby step....
This group looks like they are allot of fun. so I guess I will just say my apologies right now for my spelling and grammer errors..
I hope I can contribute anything that would help others through any tuff times.
Hope all are well and happy this morning..
Old 03-25-2007, 09:42 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Wink

Stick around Slip, you do have something to offer and don't think twice about the grammer and spelling. no one cares about that. we could use some of your experience around here so when you ever feel like talkin', lay it on us.
Old 03-25-2007, 03:33 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Welcome Slip -

We are on the same schedule . . Day 2 -

Not an artistic bone in my body, I'll keep my day job thank you!

Baby steps -

TinLizzy
Old 03-27-2007, 07:06 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  
In Music We Trust

Hey TinLizzy.. Cool!1
Going on day 4 for me.. Had a really hard time last night due to financial pressures and after dealing with so much crap I knew I had a bottle I could tap. But didn't.. Hooray! I went to bed and woke up... Still Sober.. Hope your doing the same Tin.. San Diego has got to great this time of the year..
Old 03-27-2007, 07:16 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  

welcome to sobriety slip......congrats on day 4......

give it some time, things will get easier, you may not feel the greatest physically but you seem in great spirits....and that's good...

ayla
Old 03-27-2007, 07:45 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Congrats on day 4! ayla is right, given time things do get easier.

The sun is shining today, makes me very happy after this snowy blah winter.