Notices

Depression!

Old 03-21-2007, 11:27 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Depression!

Hi
We'' it's been 10 days now. My question is WHEN DOES THE DEPRESSION STOP? I never had any physical withdrawls but I am always soooo tired. All I want to do is sleep. My husband is getting tired of this and told me I'd better figure it out. My Dr has prescribed LEXAPRO and I'm on day 8 of that medication but I am still soooo tired . . . Help? Advise?
Seazr (Diane)
Old 03-21-2007, 11:34 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

It'll take a while for your mind and body to heal.

For one thing, you've stopped ingesting all those easy calories. Second, you're adjusting to life without the alcohol filter.

It was at least 30 days, prolly closer to 60 for me before I began to feel normal. Heck, even to "feel" anything !

Hang in there, it gets better, It really does. It took you a long time to get here, it's gonna take a while to get back.

Good Luck & God Bless
Old 03-21-2007, 11:34 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hi Seazr,

I have been on Lexapro and I am also a nurse... Most antidepressants take as long as two weeks to build up in your system, sometimes longer.. One of the side effects is feeling fatigued, just try to hang in there...
Old 03-21-2007, 11:39 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Hi seazr!!
Hang in there.

"My husband is getting tired of this and told me I'd better figure it out."
well, I dont have anything nice to say about this part, so I wont say
anything at all!

Vitamin B12 is supposed to give you energy I think? Am I right on this Missy??
Old 03-21-2007, 11:47 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
let it grow!

hello seazr,

it's a good time to rest and nourish your body. it needs to recover.

i started on lexapro a a month and a half ago, and honestly - i am just now feeling results. are you doing any therapy? my doc told me the pills alone really are not enough. alanon and therapy help me the most.. blessings, and hang in there. k
Old 03-21-2007, 11:48 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Hi Seazr I Too Am On Lexipro. And It Took A While For Me To Feel Better, And Heck I Am Still Tired Sometimes, But It Does Take A While For Your Body To Heal. Thanks My Name Is Kimmie A Recovering Addict.
Old 03-21-2007, 12:19 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Looking For Myself...Sober

I also took Lexapro. Fatigue is a side affect. It helped. I seemed to be in a better mood and able to tolerate alot more. My Dr. gave me 10mg but I took 2. I wouldn't recomend doing it without your Dr. knowing. But I did and it worked better than just 1. Maybe see if he can up your dose.
Old 03-21-2007, 12:26 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Rock-chalk-jayhawk..

i have had lexapro. didnt really do much for me but made me tired. now im on paxle. seems to work better for me. but every one is differnt. plus like the above posts said it takes up to 30 days to start working. hang in there or go see your doc and tell him your tired all the time maybe he can give you something else. but i would wait untill you have had a month of lexapro in your system. if your still tired then go see him/her. just a suggestion. good luck....jason