Notices

WHEN will I quit?????????

Old 03-19-2007, 05:46 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

WHEN you are in enough P A I N and sick and tired of being SICK AND TIRED you will do something about it.

You have to want it.
Old 03-19-2007, 06:42 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Life is Grand

Very scary, I have been there too. Nothing worse than having people tell you what you did the night before, and you remember nothing. This as a feeling you need to remember always......and know that you never have to feel that way again...IF, you don't pick that first one up.

Good luck.....SRH
Old 03-20-2007, 04:27 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  
I'm a Pickle

So today I will dump out that bottle of vodka. I have spent tons and tons of money on alcohol and dont plan to anymore, so another $20 down the drain one last time wont hurt me any....
Old 03-20-2007, 05:21 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

wisc g... your really not a loser... just loose'n the battle with the booze...

your a winner by trying to do something about it...

good wishes wisc-g

xxoo, rz
Old 03-20-2007, 05:36 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  
I'm a Pickle

Ok...dumped out the vodka. Yay.
Old 03-20-2007, 05:48 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  
I'm a Pickle

Today on the news they were looking for a hit and run of someone that hit a man and hurt him really bad. As soon as I heard it, my stomach hit the floor because I knew it could have been ME! I was DRIVING all enebriated like that! However, it ended up being in a whole different city and also a different night...but man...was that a wake-up call. Im depressed.
Old 03-20-2007, 05:48 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

YES!!!! Way to go!
Old 03-20-2007, 05:50 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  

I had the same feeling the morning I saw my front bumper ripped off of my car!
Old 03-20-2007, 07:17 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Thumbs up

wiscgirl, i joined the site yesterday and plan to come here at least once every day whether i post or not or drink or not. i read all thru this thread and i feel for you. i can remember times i've felt just the way you feel. my cats make me feel good too just like your puppy.
and i also know that "i'm a loser" feeling because i'm smart enuf to know better- i just somehow can't get it together in doing better consistently. i have an all or nothing attitude with drinking... if im in for a penny, might as well make it a pound (never 1 beer, drink til there's none left or i can't physically drink another).
losers don't try to do better.

"Fall seven times, get up eight." ~unknown

I wish you some peace in your heart today.
Old 03-20-2007, 07:28 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  

Wink

Hey Wisconsin,

I used to crawl to the front of my house in the morning just to see if my car was there. I know you're scared and depressed. There is a solution and if you're willing to go to any length to get it, it will be yours. Keep posting, we will hold your hand, pat your head with a nice cool towel, then kick you in the butt to make sure you take action.

You don't ever have to take another drink. More importantly, you don't have to drink today.

Stay safe,
Ed
Old 03-20-2007, 10:52 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  
I'm a Pickle

I appreciate this post very much. Thank you....
Old 03-20-2007, 01:13 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  

Hang in there Wiscgirl

I'm going through the same self-loathing right now - yet another stupid, drunk night last night, complete with throwing up and hooking up. Tried to quit dozens of times. Maybe we can both finally do it this time.

I've been checking in here throughout today, and it's kept up my resolve that tonight will be my first night in years without a single drink. Wish you well.

Joe
Old 03-20-2007, 02:49 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  

"Tried to quit dozens of times. Maybe we can both finally do it this time."

LACK OF POWER IS OUR DILEMMA!

If an alcoholic could simply quit, they would.

It's a disease.

TREAT IT LIKE ONE!!
Old 03-20-2007, 03:59 PM
  # 34 (permalink)  

Talking Hello Again

I tried to give up around Christmas time but didnt suceed. I have been trying to control it since. My partner has been drinking heavily approx. 7 beers a night at worst he has not been abusive he has tempted me to drink.

I find these days, as i dont really go out I am no longer making a complete fool of myself. However, one drink still turns into 6 beers and then i end up sms people or speaking to people on the phone. Next day i am like omg, what have i said. I can have several days off drinking.

Would you all consider me to have a problem? My boyfriend or my family dont think i do they all seem to think i am happy go lucky. I really just feel run down and i dont think i can sit at home drinking lemondade whilst my boyfriend drinks in front of me.

sorry about this message if it makes no sense
Old 03-20-2007, 06:44 PM
  # 35 (permalink)  
everything is already ok

(((((wiscgirl)))))
Old 03-21-2007, 05:24 AM
  # 36 (permalink)  
I'm a Pickle

Thanks all. It is my 3rd day sober and I am finally feeling good. It is not unlike me to be sober for 3 days at all, but it is unlikely for me not to plan to drink anytime soon, if ever. You all say "just dont drink today"...so....Im not going to drink today.

In response to an above post, I always told myself I could control it as well. Just not drink "so much." That is what all my friends tell me. I have been "trying" this approach since I was 14, when I had my first blackout. I am now almost 32, and I think I need to realize that that approach...duh....doesn't work for me.

Still feeling really stupid about the night out. I still cant believe I walked into a bar in the WINTER with one sock on and one sock off and no shoes. Most of my friends laugh..but I dont think its funny...I think it is really, really stupid. And why did someone elses husband 20 years older than me walk me home and why was he in my house!? I am mortified to see HIM or HER again! Ugh. I guess I dont really have to if I dont go to the bar right?? UGH UGH UGH.

At least Im not feeling especially suicidal as I had the last couple days. Not that I would ever do it (only cuz of my kids), but it sure sounded good.

Here is to a day better than yesterday, but not as good as tomorrow...
Old 03-21-2007, 05:31 AM
  # 37 (permalink)  

wisc
I am mortified to see HIM or HER again! Ugh. I guess I dont really have to if I dont go to the bar right??
Right!

we control the drink'n... nah, the drink'n controled us...

keep striveing for that better life wisc.. you can do it...

xxoo, rz
Old 03-21-2007, 10:45 AM
  # 38 (permalink)  
Waitng4Reality

I'm a new member....I suffer from depression, ADHD, anxiety and alcoholism/cocaine addiction. I take prescription meds, snort coke and drink heavily. I know I will die soon, but I also know that because of my chemical imbalance I need to take meds. I can't take this much more. I have a 6 year old girl who also has ADHD. I want to stop all this mess, but I actually fuction pretty well! Sad, isn't it? I t's like a catch 22. Someone out there as desperate as me? Get back.
W4R
Old 03-21-2007, 10:57 AM
  # 39 (permalink)  
let it grow!

hang in there, wisc. keep posting!

hey w4r - i just left you a message on your first post. thinking of you, k