SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   New here - looking for support (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/118591-new-here-looking-support.html)

Lil Misfit 03-18-2007 01:03 PM

I am determined!

ayla zaire 03-18-2007 01:23 PM

good for you, girl....

Lil Misfit 03-18-2007 02:29 PM

I already feel like I have so much energy. It's only day one, but I feel like I'm getting so much accomplished today. Perhaps it's because I took a Bvitamin complex this morning? I've heard that Bvitamins can stave off withdrawal symptoms, so I'm prepared to take them for the next week at least. It's getting close to the time I would normally reach for my first drink of the night, but instead I'm drinking raspberry flavored seltzer water.

:bundance

2much 03-18-2007 02:32 PM

Good on you lil misfit!! Just think how pleased you'll feel tomorrow.

Lil Misfit 03-18-2007 02:34 PM

It's going to feel awesome to wake up without a hangover!

Hope 03-18-2007 02:39 PM

I'm here pulling for you! I know you are going to make it. You sound so strong!

nogard 03-18-2007 03:39 PM

welcome to SR :)

teej 03-18-2007 03:46 PM

yep yep, keep yummy drinks in the fridge at all times. I love V-8, brisk tea w/lemon, orange juice, & COFFEE COFFEE COFFEE!! hehe!
And I swear, I'm sooooo hooked on blueberry yogurt since I quit. YUMMO!

Peterson 03-18-2007 05:24 PM

Right on Michele! I did the same thing. It felt so good to pour it out didn't it. How strong you are! I myself am enjoying a lacroix sparkling water.

Keep it up girl!

Lil Misfit 03-18-2007 06:43 PM

I made it through Day One - thanks to all of you! Tomorrow is another day.

Aysha 03-18-2007 06:59 PM

Excellent job..Keep it up.
Just by pouring it out tells me you have the strength.

And yes tomorrow is another and we will all be here for you.

cupojoe 03-18-2007 07:30 PM

almost 7 days clean now! yay :-) oh by the way, IamTj mentioned all those good juice drinks to have in the fridge. I found a good juice drink that really helped me get my metabolism back on the right track. believe it or not, prune juice! it actually doesnt taste that bad and has MANY good vitamins. Any drug addicts newly clean i really would suggest you get sum gold label california prune juice.
keep on keeping on in recovery!
Joe

Lil Misfit 03-19-2007 04:19 AM

Creekrider - thank you for your concern. I do drink a ton of green tea, which is actually my beverage of choice. The seltzer water is just to help me get my daily allowance of water, as I'm not big into plain water. I will heed your words, though.

Here it is Day 2 and I have so much energy - I was dancing in the shower!!!

coopsdad 03-19-2007 06:50 AM

misfit,
i am also on day 2. i feel so much better as well. one thing i have since admitting to myself i have a problem is hope. i never had it before. before i couldnt ever imagine not ever having a drink again. it was so ingrained in my life socially and unsocially. now i dont ever want to drink again. i want my health, wife, and kids. I read a quote that Kelsey Grammar said that makes sense for me. "saying to myself I wont drink for 30 years seems hard, but when you wake up every morning and say i wont drink today it becomes very easy." Until i found this website I had never met or heard anyone with stories, histories, or problems like my own. I felt shame, guilt, fear, and loss. Now i just feel like getting better.

Keep strong
Keep strong =

teej 03-19-2007 07:10 AM

Hi lil!!!!!
Your doing great! hehe, I catch myself dancing quite a bit now too. How did you sleep? You might get a couple nightmares here in the beginning. I did, and have heard a lot of others did as well. Didnt last long though thank god!

to you & coopsdad & cupojoe......keep up the good work!! I'm so proud of you!!!!!!

KEEP ON DANCING!!!!!!!

parentrecovers 03-19-2007 01:26 PM

nice to meet you, lilmisfit! keep posting, recovery is possible. blessings, k