SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   Phew! GOOD TO BE BACK (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/118473-phew-good-back.html)

dolly pop 03-16-2007 11:57 AM

Phew! GOOD TO BE BACK

Had a relapse on tuesday after six days.

But just like falling off a bike i got straight back on to recovery again.

It was awful !

Especially the day after - loads of anxiety, dread and gloom, never thought i,d get through it.

But just like they say in the meetings, THIS TOO SHALL PASS and it did, before the fear drove me to pick up another drink.

Day 2 AGAIN

if at first you dont suceed try try again

dolly pop

topetah 03-16-2007 12:10 PM

oh how i know about the feelings the day after :( im glad you got right back on the wagon. dont think of it as failing think of it as a fresh start. we all make mistakes. good for you. i had 15 days. now im on my 5th. and it feels great! thanks for posting

Anna 03-16-2007 12:11 PM

I'm glad you're back Dolly.

The anxiety and guilt can really affect recovery and it's good that you're able to get past that.

katwomankc 03-16-2007 12:19 PM

that took a lot of courage dolly. i am glad you went right back. keep on keepin on... i too only have 81 days clean, after i relapsed. and it is a struggle but if i can do it you surely can.. good luck on your sober journey my friend,.

chrisj728 03-16-2007 12:43 PM

Hi dolly i'm glad you got through your slip and have started on the recovery road again. Like anna said dont get to bogged down with guilt and remorse about falling, your mind will throw emotions at you trying to convince you that alcohol is the only way to lift your spirit & mood. But as recovering alcoholics we know only to well that the booze would only carry us high for a short while and then dump us back on our ar5es, like so many times before.
Try to stay strong in this recovery until the fog realy lifts then the emotions that you feel will be honest ones and easier dealt with sober.

chris

parentrecovers 03-16-2007 12:49 PM

Very proud of you, Dolly Pop. Welcome back!

About the setbacks - it's ok, we're not perfect. Blessings, K

ayla zaire 03-16-2007 01:40 PM

hey dolly, welcome back to sr and day 2....congrats on jumping up, dusting off and starting over.....that can be so hard to do sometimes.......

you are doing great....so many of us relapse, and some like you use it as a learning experience and use it to their advantage........the knowledge that drinking/ using is really not so fun and the feelings of guilt and shame are not worth it is very important to have.....i'm sorry you had to relapse to learn that, but sometimes that is what it takes........and you are very brave to get up and try again...........

hugs
ayla

hope3 03-16-2007 02:54 PM

Hi dollypop, you got the right attitude.

That slip is past 2 days down, one day at a time...

Hope3

ru4outoo 03-16-2007 03:38 PM

welcome back Dolly.

Hope 03-16-2007 08:40 PM

Glad you're back. You can do it- I believe in you! :)

hope3 03-17-2007 11:05 AM

Hi dolly pop, how's it going today?

So glad you're back, hope3

nogard 03-17-2007 05:40 PM

welcome back :)

Clean4today 03-17-2007 08:00 PM

Keep coming back Dolly!

Missymae737 03-18-2007 08:10 AM

Hi Dolly,

Glad you are back..It takes great courage to come back.

2much 03-18-2007 02:28 PM

Hi Dolly, welcome back.

Im back again too. Today is my 2nd sober day, again. If I dont drink tonight I am going to be sooooooo pleased with myself and I will feel great in the morning. I already feel quite great today.

Yesterday was a complete write-off. It was awful. I had not been that hungover for a few months now. Today I still feel a bit yuck still but better than most other days. I look forward to tomorrow.

lrvp99 03-18-2007 03:32 PM

Can anyone tell me where those feelings of dread and guilt come from after we have relapsed? If I could make myself remember that awfull feeling anytime I had the urge to drink, I think I'd have it beat. I'm on day 4 now. I went to AA on day 1 and day 2, but I'm away from town now. I'm ok for today tho.