Notices

i have a question for you all

Old 03-14-2007, 07:12 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Rock-chalk-jayhawk..

i have a question for you all

ok i have 3 days sober since my relaps! and i feel so much better. but i have one ? i still owe the crack dealer 20 bucks. do i just say the hell with him and hope he doesnt find me walking down the street to kick my ass? or do i just pay him? what do i do/ i want no worries but this one still hangs over my head. thanks jason
Old 03-14-2007, 07:15 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Victory is mine!

This is just my opinion, but I would say pay him and be done with him. My experience with that sort of "businessman" is that they do not take kindly to being stiffed.

I wish you the best!

Scott
Old 03-14-2007, 07:41 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by BLackshirt View Post
This is just my opinion, but I would say pay him and be done with him. My experience with that sort of "businessman" is that they do not take kindly to being stiffed.

I wish you the best!

Scott

Jason,

Ditto what Scott said.
Old 03-14-2007, 07:49 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

personally, i found that when my ex got sober a few days and had to pay his dealer, it led to a relapse..."hey, since i'm here anyway...."...but of course, that was just him
a suggestion would be to take someone in recovery with you, or use a third party to pay him...that way you don't have to be in a tempting and uncomfortable situation
good luck
Old 03-14-2007, 08:26 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Ask a long time clean NA member to go with you
to pay him.
Old 03-14-2007, 08:38 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Pay the man and say goodbye. I wouldn't want that issue sitting in the back of my mind. Make sure you go with a NA member as suggested-you're going to be in the belly of the beast, so get it over with and get out of there and salt the earth behind you!
Old 03-14-2007, 08:46 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Looking For Myself...Sober

I owe the dealer money too from yesterday. I know he will never see me unless I go to that neighborhood. I live like 30 mins from the spot. But none the less it still is a tie to the drugs. It will sit in my mind and someday sooner or later give me reason to go back "to pay him" then possibly get more. Plus you don't need some dude that may possibly start popping shots at you later on. I say pay him and get it over with. Don't leave yourself with an obligation if your trying to stay away. That's just setting yourself up.
Old 03-14-2007, 08:49 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I agree with those who say pay it, but don't go alone. Take someone with good longterm recovery with you cause you're going to need it.

Hugs,
Kellye
Old 03-14-2007, 09:03 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

ok im worried about this person going to pay the dealer. First, lets say they bring a support person with them. will the dealer see the person sitting in the car and get nervous, who knows would could hapen then??? also, going to pay him puts this person AGAIN in a dangerous neighborhood and what if the police are watching this dealer???? im dissapointed that you want this person to go back there with all the risks involved and the triggers to relapse! dont go back ever! just my humble advice
Old 03-14-2007, 09:40 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

It is not illeagal to hand someone money. Obviously he wasnt thinking about all that when he went to cop. And who's to say this person won't try to really hurt maybe kill him if he doesn't pay? Apparently he must know the guy enough that he got credit from him. These dope boys will kill someone for stepping on their shoes. I still say he's better off paying and getting it over with and if he happens to get some more while he is doing it..DO NOT LEAVE YOURSELF WITH AN OBLIGATION. Yea hard to do when you want more and you know you can.

But for me it's not so much if the dude is gonna beat my ass or whatever. It's the fact that I still have some unfinished buisness there. In other words a reason to go back. Only you know the circimstances of what he might do. Take someone with you is a good idea. Dude is not gonna get nervous for you JUST handing money.
Old 03-14-2007, 10:33 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Rock-chalk-jayhawk..

thanks all for the replys. i just figure im going to pay him off and get it over with. plus these arnt the type of people who you bring a stranger with. besides i always have gotten my stuff delivered to my house.well most of the time. he knows where i live and what i drive. im not scared about paying him i just know once i give him the money he will say now how much do you want? i just didnt wanna run into this guy again hes straight from the street and always trys to sugar coat things. i have prob made him a few grand in the past 6 months. but to these people that doesnt matter. they still want there 20 bucks. my prob is everytime i have used i delete my history on my phone because i always felt guilty after using. now i gotta track his number down and that takes me going over to another place that is filled with users and drugs. i feel i can handle myself now without using. i just want to get this over so bad. it will be my mission to get this guy his cash tomarrow. but there is no way im going over to his house. place scares the **** outta me. i went once or twice when i needed it bad and i gotta tell you the feeling i get walking into that apartment complex is straight fear. so no if he wants his money hes gonna come over here and get it. simple hand shake when i answer the door with money in hand is how i plan to do this. hes not even gonna come inside. because i know he will have a big sack on him and these guys always like to show off there stuff for some reason. what ever happened to a dealer calling you and wanting there money? he has changed his number so many times its like he wants people to search for him. but you know what i have never had a prob finding this guy when i wanted to get high. so this should be no diff. this needs to happen tomarrow for sure. i wanna be done with this. my neighbor is a big time junkie. this place i live in there is drugs all around me. i plan on moving once my lease is up. i have told my neighbor on mon i dont want no one coming around my place any more now i gotta go see him one more time to get that phone number. i tryed tonight but to my luck he wasnt home. isnt that always the case? i just want this done a.s.a.p. i dont wanna wait anymore. i asked my cousin tonight what i should do. she said if he wants his money he will ask for it. but i cant wait on that. lets just be done and get it over with. damn these drugs. still now outta the deep end yet...........
Old 03-14-2007, 11:15 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Good luck. Dont let them dope boys temp you. They dont care bout nothin but that money. Dont be a chump. You can do it.
I dont live near any spots. It takes like 30 mins for me to get to any of them. So I am thankful for that. I know I couldnt stay away especially with it going on right next door. Good Lord. I got mad respect for you just to endure that.
Old 03-15-2007, 07:54 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

I agree with chiynita, I don't think that he will kick your ass, but it probably is better to pay him. He probably changes his number to avoid the police so it would be not in his best interest to fight over $20. Have you considered going to rehab?
Old 03-15-2007, 08:06 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Rock-chalk-jayhawk..

ive been to rehad and stayed clean for 3 years. but personal life took a dead end and i took that excuse to use again. now im starting over. but its going to work this time. i have had a few glitchs along the way. but dont we all? thanks for posting.