Notices

Any Moms Out There Keeping Sane While Not Using Part 19

Old 03-17-2007, 06:52 AM
  # 321 (permalink)  

Unhappy

Originally Posted by TamTam View Post
Yipee, Jackie came out to play!!! Hi, Jackie- I had a dream that you got your car back!!!

thanks for the welcoming post tam---i love you had that dream, i actually got to drive myself TO and FROM work BY MYSELF....yesterday,, one small step for jackie- one giant leap for mankind---HAHA--have a nice saturday everyone --it is never a weekend for me,, i work EVERY saturday, that is my busiest day!! so everyone think about me when you are out shopping at the park going out to lunch...etc...i will be at work hungry sunless and with no new clothes....it is a sad day
Old 03-17-2007, 03:29 PM
  # 322 (permalink)  

Hi- Happy St Pat's Day!

I drove my friend's convertable for her in the parade- then I sold tickets at the park for the arts and crafts festival. Rest for a little, then to a big annual bash. DH is sick, so I am going with my friend. I am actually looking forward to it. I'm in a good mood and ready to dance and act silly. I am definitely taking my own car as it typically gets pretty wild...

Thanks, Cheryl- I'll call her.

Remember Ellie Mae from the "Beverly Hillbillies"? She was the Grand Marshall for the parade. She is still pretty even though she is like.. 100.. she was really sweet though.- she is promoting a CD... can't begin to imagine what that might sound like...!

I hope you are having a good day-

love you xoxo T
Old 03-17-2007, 06:36 PM
  # 323 (permalink)  

Hello ladies,
I haven't been in touch in a looonnnnggg time. Sorry. I still think about you all and hope your doing well. I am still sober.. yeahhhhhhhhh..
Joanne
Old 03-17-2007, 07:01 PM
  # 324 (permalink)  

happy st. pattys dat tam...
i just went for ice cream with my kids. mmm--mmm i love ice cream!!!
had a chance to go out to drink green beer--but that is just a recipe for disaster for me, knowing my luck i will drink 3 green beers and on my way home get pulled over and get a d.u.i. and loose my car again so i will just keen my butt at home..people said the police would be watching my car so now i am really scared to go out and party.
Old 03-17-2007, 07:22 PM
  # 325 (permalink)  

Hey, just checking in!
JOANNE!!!! HEY!!! Welcome back!!! So great to see you! How are you? How is your sister? We have SO missed you. And SO glad you are still sober! WTG Girl!!

Hey Jackie! you know -- every time I look at your avatar, I see TamTam. You are the blonde, right? You and Tam look very much alike in my eyes!!

Hey Kevin! Glad to see you. I just want to give you a big hug. If we never post another post about bananas, well that will be OK in my book sweet man of ours.

How are we all doing on this St. Patrick's Day? I desperately wanted this to be a great day for me, but had to go bathing-suit-shopping with the kids. OK, this is like a trip to hell and back for me on a GOOD day, which it was not necessarily. Incredibly I found a suit for me on the first try (after trying on 8, which is nothing for ME). BUT, Miss K, my almost 14 must have tried on 55 bikinis at 27 different stores before she finally settled on one that she had to have. I reluctantly agreed (it's pretty stringy and I'm sure will be see-through when wet) and went to pay and almost fainted dead away. It was $89. For 2 little tiny strips of fabric with strings. WTF???? My voluminous spread was $40, her tiny strips, $89. I'm sorry, but I was stunned. I paid for it with my credit card because I couldn't find the guts within myself to back out of this lunacy. Crap. I do know that $89 suits exist and are probably a spit in the bucket for some people. NOT US!!! SIgh....then I lambasted her for 10 minutes after we left the store because she literally SHOUTED at her sisters from the changing room. UGH!! Not only do we pray to God to help us raise them well, but then we burn with shame when they embarrass us countless times in the department store!

Oh, I'm just twittering away here. I wanted to wish you all a great weekend & hope you're enjoying the luck o' the Irish tonight, whatever it may mean to you.

xo
C
Old 03-17-2007, 07:37 PM
  # 326 (permalink)  

OK, so thought I would post again.

I don't tell many people this, but, even though my background is East European, I have always considered myself Irish. I love ALL things Irish. I named my firstborn daughter Kaitlyn in that vein. I am sure that, if I have lived in a previous life, I was Irish and I sank on the Titanic. Why else would I feel so tightly knit to the Irish community, yet so deeply afraid of deep water (even though I am a really good swimmer??)

OK - -now that I have spit that out, you can all deem me insane and start calling the authorities!!

Still, had to be honest with you on this great St. Patty's Day, right?
Old 03-17-2007, 08:10 PM
  # 327 (permalink)  

Ayla!??? Where Are You???!!!!
Old 03-18-2007, 08:55 AM
  # 328 (permalink)  

hi all! i'm trying to catch up....looks like i missed some drama....must read back.

we're in poconos--got deluged with snow. it's lovely. we're going to stay a few days extra. dh didn't drive up because it was so dangerous to drive on friday night/saturday morning.

i'm getting a little squirrely being on my own in a strange place with three young kids by myself. but godsend came last night...in the form of an unexpected kids nite out at the hotel. a little camp for kids who are 5 and older--so youngest and i had a date nite while the two older kids played wth other kids. it was soooo nice.

finally saw addiction! it is good. i wish they'd show the recovery process more rather than just the behavior up and during the intervention. i wish i had the luxury of going off to a treatment center. i feel like i have so much to work on--not just booze, but escapism in so many forms like food, movies, books, computer, projects, work--just about anything that doesn't involve much true human interaction.

missed all of you. need to read back.....
Old 03-18-2007, 08:57 AM
  # 329 (permalink)  

oops--i meant the show "intervention." i guess that's why it's called intervention, huh? go i'd like to see a show called "recovery."
Old 03-18-2007, 09:28 AM
  # 330 (permalink)  

well, we're not irish. i WISH i were scottish--bet there's a castle in the highlands just waiting for queen scoot. two of my children's names are arguably celtic. so far this year the only thing we did was eat green bagels. i did see the dublin festival and it looked like fun. it's just too hard to be in recovery and be around all that good whiskey...

so there's a show called "addiction" as well as a show called "intervention"? i saw intervention and it was sad and scary. the kid ryan's story. too close for this mother to not take to heart....thank God i'm just working on little problems with them now (you know, pottytraining and such).

what is the show "addiction" about? okay, that sounds goofy--i mean what is their angle? does it show any recovery at all?

i'm sorry i was so scarce but could not for the life of me get on this website through the hotel's nannynet security filter. geez...

so glad to be able to get back on--not only did i miss you all, i really need to have some fellowship and support.
Old 03-18-2007, 09:29 AM
  # 331 (permalink)  

i won't even comment on the "drama" except to say i love you all--especially those of you embroiled in all sides of bananagate.
Old 03-18-2007, 09:32 AM
  # 332 (permalink)  

candy--having recently been through my own swimsuit-shopping trauma, i feel your pain.

beezy--another puppy? what kind? i'm so jealous!
Old 03-18-2007, 12:41 PM
  # 333 (permalink)  

bananagate...LOL!

Good to see you Scoot. Glad your trip is going well. I can't believe you got hit with more snow. I thought it was spring!
Old 03-18-2007, 01:12 PM
  # 334 (permalink)  

bananagate..

A quick hi to you all. More later. SO glad to see you Joanne!!!!

I'm hoping most of the regulars are just off having too much fun and not enough time to post.........

Had a date with a girlfriend last night to another big St Pat bash. We had so much fun!!! More dancing and being silly- it was great.

Gotta go.... again.... Ttyl

xoxo T
Old 03-18-2007, 03:32 PM
  # 335 (permalink)  

Hi all, I've been lurking a lot lately and not posting, I am not really sure why, but is seem like many of us have been doing the same... I wasn't going to post and then I opened this email and for some reason it made think about all of us and how we help each other through our new found lives.... btw went skiing for the first time SOBER... yeah me...

Any way I had to share this... and...You gotta read it
We all know or knew someone like this!!

One day, when I was a freshman in high school,

I saw a kid from my class was walking home from school.

His name was Kyle.

It looked like he was

carrying all of his books.

I thought to myself, "Why would anyone bring home all his books on a Friday?

He must really be a nerd."

I had quite a weekend planned (parties and a football game with my friends tomorrow afternoon), so I shrugged my shoulders and went on.

As I was walking, I saw a bunch of kids running toward him.

They ran at him, knocking all his books out of his arms and tripping him so he landed in the dirt.

His glasses went flying, and I saw them land in the grass about ten feet from him.

He looked up and I saw this terrible sadness in his eyes

My heart went out to him. So, I jogged over to him as he crawled around looking for his glasses, and I saw a tear in his eye.

As I handed him his glasses, I said, "Those guys are jerks.

"

They really should get lives.

" He looked at me and said, "Hey thanks!"

There was a big smile on his face.

It was one of those smiles that showed real gratitude.

I helped him pick up his books, and asked him where he lived.

As it turned out, he lived near me, so I asked him why I had never seen him before.

He said he had gone to private school before now.

I would have never hung out with a private school kid before.

We talked all the way home, and I carried some of his books.

He turned out to be a pretty cool kid.

I asked him if he wanted to play a little football

with my friends

He said yes.

We hung out all weekend and the more I got to know Kyle, the more I liked him, and my friends thought the same of him.

Monday morning came, and there was Kyle with the huge stack of books again.

I stopped him and said, "Boy, you are gonna really build some serious muscles with this pile of books everyday!

" He just laughed and handed me half the books.

Over the next four years, Kyle and I became best friends..

When we were seniors we began to t hink about college.

Kyle decided on Georgetown and I was going to Duke.

I knew that we would always be friends, that the miles would never

be a problem.

He was going to be a doctor and I was going for business on a football scholarship.

Kyle was valedictorian of our class.

I teased him all the time about being a nerd.

He had to prepare a speech for graduation.

I was so glad it wasn't me having to get up there and speak

Graduation day, I saw Kyle.

He looked great.

He was one of those guys that really found himself during high school.

He filled out and actually looked good in glasses.

He had more dates than I had and all the girls loved him.

Boy, sometimes I was jealous!
Today was one of those days.

I could see that he was nervous about his speech.

So, I smacked him on the back and said, "Hey, big guy, you'll be great!"

He looked at me with one of those looks (t he really grateful one) and smiled.

" Thanks," he said.

As he started his speech, he cleared his throat, and began

"Graduation is a time to thank those who helped you make it through those tough years.

Your parents, your teachers, your siblings, maybe a coach...but mostly your friends...

I am here to tell all of you that being a friend to someone is the best gift you can give them.

I am going to tell you a story."

I just looked at my friend with disbelief as he told the

story of the first day we met.

He had planned to kill himself over the weekend.

He talked of how he had cleaned out his locker so his Mom wouldn't have to do it later and was carrying his stuff home.

He looked hard at me and gave me a little smile.

"Thankfully, I was saved.

My friend saved me from doing the unspeakable."

I heard the gasp go through the crowd as this handsome, popular boy told us all about his weakest moment.

I saw his Mom and dad looking at me and smiling that same grateful smile.

Not until that moment did I realize it's depth.

Never underestimate the power of your actions.

With one small gesture you can change a person's life.

For better or for worse.

God puts us all in each others lives to impact one another in some way.< BR>
Look for God in others.

You now have two choices, you can:

1) Pass this on to your friends or

2) Delete it and act like it

didn't touch your heart.

As you can see, I took choice number 1.
"Friends are angels who lift us to our feet when our wings have trouble remembering how to fly."

There is no beginning or end.. Yesterday is history.

Tomorrow is a mystery.

Today is a gift.

It's National Friendship Week. Show your friends how much you care. Send this to everyone you consider a FRIEND.

Let's not drift apart.... we are good for each other..

I know I'm corny
Old 03-18-2007, 03:37 PM
  # 336 (permalink)  
everything is already ok

Originally Posted by scootinbabe View Post
i won't even comment on the "drama" except to say i love you all--especially those of you embroiled in all sides of bananagate.

Before you know it we will be talking about impeachment - roflmao
Old 03-18-2007, 04:40 PM
  # 337 (permalink)  

hey nyc--i am crying right now i was really touched by your post--- thank you .
i agree with kev and scoot i am truly sorry for "BANANAGAT"
Old 03-18-2007, 05:22 PM
  # 338 (permalink)  

Since the Poconos has 12 inches of snow Friday night I figured if it wasn't going to warm up I might as well ski. No snow at the shore of course so I made the 3 hour drive to Camelback... hubby didn't want to go so just me and the girls... I hadn't gone up all winter, I was a bit nervous after all it was always a party... well .... go tell, Since I wasn't pouring they weren't drinking... this has happened many times... I am starting to realize I really was the "pusher"...and I really thought everyone was getting just as drunk as me... it is amazing what you can make your self believe...

anyway had a great time even got a little sun...

sorry for the ramble...
Old 03-18-2007, 06:08 PM
  # 339 (permalink)  
everything is already ok

Originally Posted by nogard View Post
Before you know it we will be talking about impeachment - roflmao
impeached - peach get it? oh well
Old 03-18-2007, 06:50 PM
  # 340 (permalink)  

i think i'm the one who is going to be im'peach'ed