Notices

ive failed

Old 03-13-2007, 09:18 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Be of good cheer. Do not think of today's failures,
but of the success that come tomorrow. You have set
yourselves a difficult task, but you will succeed if you persevere; and you will find a joy in overcoming obstacles.
--Helen Keller

Old 03-13-2007, 10:26 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

the only way you will truly fail is if you stop trying.......
Old 03-13-2007, 10:59 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Hello Lovecat,

YOU have not failed...

You made it back here. Keep posting,

We are here for you!!
Old 03-13-2007, 11:09 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Lovey? How are you doing this morning????
Old 03-13-2007, 11:39 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  
lets kill the beast

when i read all your wonderful supportive replies i truly wanted to cry but with hope in my heart .... thankyou .....I felt ok when i first came home, last night i felt id let you all down & myself . I had a really bad day at work Im a ward manager of a psychiatric intensive care unit , which is extremely stressful at the best of times. & testerday my ward was bouncing with aggression towards staff & my staff getting injured . But no i wont use that as an excuse .when i first came home inearly went for a bottle but my stupid mentality was having crossed wires the devil on my shoulder saying " come on you deserve to relax just have 1 glass of wine , other people do at work go home after a hard day " its completly delusional that way of thinking for me but no i listened to the devil on my shoulder........ welll 2 bottles of wine later & i thought WHAT HAVE I DONE.... the 2 bottles went in 1 hour .....& i feltlike more ..... posted again on here & decided HAVE A BATH & JUST GO TO BED .... so i did , luckily before my hubby came home ( he is also a psychiatric nurse) .... really couldnt pull a sicky today due to staff of with injuries as a result of yesterday & i had to start an investigation into the incident..... so got up vomited twice got ready feeling sooooo down & bit shakey , took some betablokers to help with shakyness .... & loads of water & a gobful of mint chewing gum & caught my bus to work . have felt really quite ill today & know i really should not have gone to work. im home know have had bath & put pjs on ... so there i am today and only for today i will not drink , tommorrow i wil put this also follw this concept i will keep posting on here , & deep from the bottom of my heart I am so pleased to be here on this site . you are all so fab .... there i feel better for sharing that with you
sorry it is so longwinded but the alcholic thinking IS so delusional & that was more cemented in my thoughts as i was on the bus to work xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Old 03-13-2007, 11:46 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  
lets kill the beast

PS idont think my thanks are working .... ive thanked you all , will you let me know if you have recieved them xxxxxx
Old 03-13-2007, 12:19 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Hi (((lovecat)))..welcome to SoberRecovery, sooooo happy you've been blessed finding everyone here. You've been given so much great advice, you keep at this till you get it that's how it works, YOU HAVE NOT FAILED, that's what it wants us to think.....it's all LIES. I started a thread in the Spirituality part of SR, if you're up to reading read my first post there......here's the thread I hope it helps http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...9167-wait.html ,
Originally Posted by lovecat
;sorry it is so longwinded
You've never long winded here, it's good to talk things out, share how you're feeling and such, all of us have so many things in common, you keep talking.
the alcholic thinking IS so delusional
Amen to that quote. I'm coming up to nine months of sobriety after making a life time of drinking, and yesssss delusional is an understatement as to how my thinking was and pretty much stuck in the same place. Not today lovecat, you can have this too.

Wishing you all the best in your recovery, go easy on yourself, keep at this no matter what, it's one huge monster. You're never ALONE, we all understand, we're just all at different stages.

Hugs.......Denise
Old 03-13-2007, 12:56 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Yay lovey!!!!!!! Welcome back!!
Old 03-13-2007, 12:59 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  
lets kill the beast

Ok its only 20:00 hrs here in the uk .... im in my pjs .... the devil is on my shoulder ..... but he can **** off ... got a new book to read .... DONT WANT TO BE A SLAVE TO ALCOHOL ANYMORE .............. i want to be with you guys ....... so cup of coffee & relax with a book ...... tommorrow is another day
Old 03-13-2007, 04:09 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  
Hope3

That's right Lovecat, today is enough today.

Tommorrow we will deal with another day,

Glad you're back, your freind in recovery, hope3
Old 03-13-2007, 07:10 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  

lovey... rest...

and bash that devil on the shoulder when it comes a bug'n you...

as mentioned... addiction, be it drugs, booze, and every other addiction... is progressive... the biggest problem with that is... it trys to tell us its not...

so happy to see you pick'n up the pieces...

xxoo, and bless... rz
Old 03-13-2007, 07:17 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  
Rock-chalk-jayhawk..

Talking

hello there. i thought i failed on sunday. relaps. but you know what? we just made a mistake. hope you feel better. this place is awesome.
Old 03-13-2007, 07:17 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  

YES! If you feel it coming around to talk to you again, kick 'em right in the ding ding!!!!!!!!
Let us know how the book is......
Old 03-13-2007, 08:10 PM
  # 34 (permalink)  

Question

What is a ding ding????
Old 03-13-2007, 10:21 PM
  # 35 (permalink)  

Hi Creek,

I got 22 days today. What are you up to?

Steph
Old 03-14-2007, 11:41 AM
  # 36 (permalink)  
lets kill the beast

been to work today .... still feel ropey but feel positive ... i dont want to drink .....i dont want to drink ....... & i will say it again all night ...... today i will not drink ............... just for today .... I got to work this morning & thought of all you guys & your kind words .... & thought im worth more than a bottle of wine or 2 or 3 ..... & now im going to have a bath & do girly stuff .. like facemask :0 hair nails & stuff
Old 03-14-2007, 11:48 AM
  # 37 (permalink)  

Good morning from NZ,

I hope you are getting through your day ok. I am thinking about you. That's such a great idea about face mask, hair nails etc. Think I will do similar this weekend after the children leave.