Notices

Trying my best

Old 03-11-2007, 08:10 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi Lionfish,

How long have you stopped drinking? I wasn't able to tell that from reading your other posts.

If you're early on in sobriety, sleeping is likely going to be a problem. It takes most people quite awhile for their bodies to get back into normal sleeping patterns. The binge eating is a concern because it looks like you are substituting one addiction for another.

What changes have you made in your life since you stopped drinking? I think it takes work every day - physically, spiritually and mentally in order to stay sober and to move forward.
Old 03-11-2007, 08:15 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hi, Lionfish!

Well, here it is, 11:13pm and I'm wide awake... just made a bowl of ice cream.... hmmmmmm- yes, I guess I can relate!!

I seem to stay up late 4 nights, then I get so tired and crash early. Hopefully everything will balance out eventually.
Old 03-11-2007, 08:29 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Wink

Originally Posted by lionfish37 View Post
It has been a long road and each day I am getting better. Since stop drinking I have a really hard time sleeping and now I am binge eating. It seems I can't get it all to fit together. Anyone else with these issues and advice.

No Ambien thatr stuff should be banned

Lion,

If you're early in recovery it's impossible to get it all to fit together. Don't even try. Just let the pieces fall into place in God's time and you'll be amazed at his work.

Keep you chin up. Don't quit before the miracle happens.

Your in sobriety,
Ed
Old 03-11-2007, 09:00 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Hello Lion,

I am in my first week of recovery and I feel your pain. Sleeping was really tough the first couple of nights, and I found myself eating way more than usual. Alcohol depletes you body of nutrients. I ate too much the first couple of days for comfort and have balanced out more now. Don't be too hard on yourself in the early days. Just keep doing the next right thing. YOU CAN DO THIS!!!!!!!!! Hang in there, it will get better,

Lisa
Old 03-11-2007, 09:20 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Hugs Lion...

Here is a link for you and our other newly sober folks

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...07-way-go.html

You can recover too! Way to go on your sober time!
Old 03-11-2007, 09:22 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I wouldn't worry about the eating or really even sleeping for a while; just focus on staying sober and enjoying it-things you can control. It's going to take a little while for your biorhythms to fall back into place. They will. And has been posted, if you're like I was, my body was so used to me filling it with tons of empty calories via booze, eating at odd hours, eating crap, and so on, I craved food all the time, too after quitting. My body was telling me something.

As far as sleep, before I quit, I pretty much wasn't sleeping any anyway, and when I did, I rarely dreamed and never had a restful night's sleep. That was probably the most torturous thing near the end. When I quit it was awesome-being refreshed, dreaming, sleeping through the night, etc...It'll happen. Please don't take Ambien or any other drugs to make you sleep, though.

On a side note, since I stopped drinking, I've developed a SERIOUS sweet tooth. I love chocolate and ate ice cream almost daily the first year after becoming sober. Fortunately, I stay active and slim, and eventually cut out the ice cream for health reasons(cholesterol), but had brownies and milk tonight. It's a wonder I don't weigh 1000 lbs. But we're sober, and that's the most important thing.