Notices

Day 1

Old 03-20-2007, 08:12 AM
  # 41 (permalink)  
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Smile

i bet ur dad is proud...

congrats on 9days!

sleeping tips---take a warm/hot bath b4 bed, make sure ur bedroom is just for sleeping (calm place, no tv, etc) do things that physically make you tired throughout the day, keep the same sleeping hours, make up a special getting ready for bed/sleep routine. i personally read til i'm too tired to turn the page.
hope i helped.
Old 03-20-2007, 04:18 PM
  # 42 (permalink)  
Recovery Rocks!

I'm sure your dad is very proud! I don't have any advice on sleeping, as I never slept well even before I was sober - too many trips to the bathroom!
Old 03-20-2007, 06:40 PM
  # 43 (permalink)  
everything is already ok

Welcome to SR and as Anna says get well any way you can.

Kevin
Old 03-21-2007, 08:37 PM
  # 44 (permalink)  

Alright. We have talked about being sober, great sleep, falling asleep, taking it one day at a time, etc. Now I am starting to face the underlying issues. The things that I have not faced up to that I have ignored, brushed under the rug per say.

Since my divorce over two years ago, I have felt out of control, hence leading to my drinking a lot. Dealing with relationship issues, which added to my drinking. Dealing with financial issues, leading to more drinking and of course all I did was drink to forget it all and didn't really dealwith it.

So now, I am trying to start dealing with all this stuff. I know I can't do it all at once. But today was a prime example. one of the financial items that I let go, my car insurance, caught up with me today. I rear ended someone. And now I am going to pay more. An expensive lesson, I got insurance going right away on my car and am trying to look at what else I have ignored.

Well, now my BF is pissed because he says I need to grow up and take care of my Sh@t. I am trying, but like I said I can't do it all at once, and to be honest. I forgot about the insurance. Cause I wanted to.

He doesn't understand the whole can't deal with it all which is why I drank and all this **** piled up and I am trying to sort through it all. How do I ask for his patience when he is frustrated.

Obviously me getting my finances under control is important for our future. But it's only been two weeks man and I am not made of money. I work two jobs and have two kids. One in hockey. So it's always tight, you know.

Anyone with some experience here, maybe some advice on communicating with him about this?