Miserable.

Old 02-27-2007, 04:28 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

The last post, ditto.

Let us hear from you.
Old 02-27-2007, 04:49 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  
not a greeter

Hi **** . I may be in the minority here but I think it's OK to feel miserable. If it's a true honest feeling not caused by alcohol then just feel it and then let it go when you're done with it. Things will happen, are happening... that's life for good or bad. It will all work out in the long term even if you can't see that far ahead.
Old 02-27-2007, 05:37 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  
Hope3

Red face

Hi ****, I agree with Gypsy:

Originally Posted by gypsy tears View Post
Hi **** . I may be in the minority here but I think it's OK to feel miserable. If it's a true honest feeling not caused by alcohol then just feel it and then let it go when you're done with it. Things will happen, are happening... that's life for good or bad. It will all work out in the long term even if you can't see that far ahead.
It's a roller coaster ride, the good, the bad and the sad.

But at least you are feeling....

Thinking of you, ((((((((((hope3)))))))))
Old 02-28-2007, 05:53 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Thanks to all of you for your replies. I have been hanging in there. I am going to deal with this depression of mine by starting going to the gym. I haven't worked out since high school, and everyone tells me it does wonders for stress and depression.

I once heard someone say that the body is the temple of the soul. I think that I have to take this approach to my body. When I first heard that phrase, I was mortified of what I was doing to my body with the alcohol I drank everyday. I think I am going to take a naturalistic approach and treat my body the way it should be treated after 11 years of abusing it.

Thank you again for all of your support.

Katie
Old 02-28-2007, 05:55 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  
Administrator

Katie, that was something I had to learn too, and it took awhile. I didn't like myself at all and so I didn't really care about my body and what I was doing to it. And, it took some time before I came around and actually began to treat my body with respect.
Old 02-28-2007, 06:02 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Hi Katie

I know how your feeling, going to the gym is a great idea.

I was depressed for sometime after I got sober, it takes awhile before things get better. I am so glad that I didn't drink and stuck with it, it does change.

I too have got fed uo with aa, I think we all go througg these emotions at some point, just know that the way you feel today is not the way your going to feel tomorrow, its not permanent, and don't judge it.

hang in there

Love, Rose
Old 02-28-2007, 06:07 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

I've dealt with depression a lot, but I have found that it's easier to handle depression sober rather than drunk. It would be wonderful if there was some magic potion to make us happy. I have been clean six months, and I wouldn't trade that clean time for any alcohol. It gets much easier as time passes. As they say, take one day at a time, and hang in there. God was the answer for me. You are your own best asset. Prayers and hugs to you.
Old 02-28-2007, 07:48 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  
Changed Course

This stuff about not being able to think worries me. I am only 8 days into this ride and really need my noggin to perform for work. Please tell me it won't get worse.