SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   I got some issues (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/116631-i-got-some-issues.html)

hope3 03-07-2007 02:52 AM

Missminime, you have accomplished so much so far.

This is what I see..

You admitted you needed help.

You are getting it.

You are helping yourself.

You are helping so many others, just by being here.

You are so young, and everything seems like forever

at your age, and peer pressure is and issues at your age are

a little tougher than when you are older, but yet, here you are toughing it out.

You say you don't know if you like the new sober you.

Give it time, believe it or not, you are not really sober yet.

Your brain still in it's stinking thinking stage....It will pass hon...

(((((((miss)))))))), hope3

Missminime 03-07-2007 03:35 AM

Originally Posted by hope3 (Post 1236154)
Missminime, you have accomplished so much so far.

This is what I see..

You admitted you needed help.

You are getting it.

You are helping yourself.

You are helping so many others, just by being here.

You are so young, and everything seems like forever

at your age, and peer pressure is and issues at your age are

a little tougher than when you are older, but yet, here you are toughing it out.

You say you don't know if you like the new sober you.

Give it time, believe it or not, you are not really sober yet.

Your brain still in it's stinking thinking stage....It will pass hon...

(((((((miss)))))))), hope3

Ye i know im young, but 20 years feels like a loooong time im telling you (even tho im sure you know). Seeing i will be going through atleast three times what ive been through already... ouch. Not so tempting. I feel so old already,lol. My even younger friend (who i mentioned somewhere in this thread) usually jokes and says "As long as you have the body of a 20year old" when i tell him i feel like 50.Its nice to smile sometimes.

Well Im sorry if i sound negative but i guess it will pass aswell, i thought i was doing so good for a while there :P Somewhere between 20 and 50 sober days.

Thank you for your support Hope3

c'est la vie 03-07-2007 04:34 AM

hey miss, I wanted to check in on you. First of all you can stick around the newcomer forum for as long as you like. Some people consider it their "home" for a long, long time. Of course you can post in both forums in order to reach out to different groups of people.

Please don't worry that this is the way sober life feels long term. It's still so early in your process to even say that you don't like your sober YOU. It takes time to get the poison out of your body and for your brain to learn to regulate things normally again. If you still feel this down after a few months then talk to a doc about whether anti-depressants are right for you. You may find though that getting all this burried junk out to the surface, ridding your body of unneeded chemicals, and learning some new coping strategies is really the best medicine.

Don't worry about sounding negative. It takes time. I would bet that most of the people who post here sounding pretty level-headed came to SR sounding negative and whiny (unless they came here with sober time). Put a little faith in your future and don't give in because you don't think it's worth it. It is.

Rusty Zipper 03-07-2007 04:51 AM

c'est

I would bet that most of the people who post here sounding pretty level-headed came to SR sounding negative and whiny
were you in those first meetings i attended? ouch!

lord'y...

c'est..

It takes time to get the poison out of your body and for your brain to learn to regulate things normally again.
you know, i hear that clinicaly... it is 90 days... wunder if thats true?

sound familar...

miss, keep at it, and soon, someday, all will be well... or at the very least... way better...

root'n for ya...

xxoo, rz

hope3 03-07-2007 02:34 PM

Yeah, what Dr. Zip said, ditto....

And don't worry about sounding negative on these boards.

We have been there, it's your turn to vent, feel, and release..

It's ok M...hope3