Notices

love to the mommies....

Old 02-22-2007, 10:11 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

love to the mommies....

i want to give my love to the moms, who are the most incredible group of women i've ever known.....they have brought me through grief, that i never thought would get better....crisis after crisis.....daily mishaps and issues with my kids, marital problems.....mental problems......put up with my crazy, goofy jokes.....my daily drama......and done it all with an incredible optimism, unconditional love and acceptance.....and a wealth of understanding......

they have courage that is unmatched....can you imagine detoxing alone with 4 children, like mikiglen? or staying sober through grief and loss unimaginable, like beezy? these are just two examples of the incredible women, who have gotten sober, and remained that way, and still managed to be loving and supportive.....

when my mama was sick, who was my best and only friend, she told me she didn't want me going through losing her alone.....she didn't want me to live her live, where she only found true friends in her 40's because she was afraid, her whole life, of being hurt and rejected.....and i told her to shut up, she wasn't going to die, so we didn't need to have that conversation.....and she was still here, and as far as i was concerned, the only friend i needed.....i mean, you can't ask for more in a friend.....being able to laugh, love, hang out with...share everything with....and she, in return is not only a friend, but your mom.....so you get the added bonus of unconditional love......it was all i needed.....

but the f-ing cancer took her from me......and i was lost....

then i found sr, keep in mind that i was a woman who HATED computers.....and thought that the idea of making friends or anything else online was a joke.....

and i found this little thread, brand new......'any moms out there keeping sane by not using?' posted by our founding mother, c'est la vie.......i think i was in day 2 of detox.....home alone with three kids......and my daughter had just cleaned the toilet with my toothbrush, and then put it back where it goes...lol...my sons were playing 'toss the horribly soaked diaper' and it broke....spreading these wierd little pee-pellets all over my house....and needless to say, i was losing my mind.......and i reached out, and found love and acceptance......humor and joy......and the truest friends i have ever had.....

i have seen miracles happen on this thread....a very special woman, dev angel, came on our thread a couple of days ago, and she was lost and afraid........and today she is refering to us as her family....and that's exactly what we are, a family, sisters...........and we are always looking for new ones.........i have seen it so many times....women finding us...and they feel hopeless, ashamed......and horrible guilt.......and my beautiful friends open their arms and embrace them....and they are not lost and afraid anymore....

i know this is sooo long.......but i want to also give thanks to the few brave men who have stuck around amid all of that estrogen and boob talk......((((kev))))...((((steve))))) (((((rz))))) you are our brothers......

so i hope you can take a minute to post a little thanks to my friends.....and let them know they are appreciated and loved....

thanks

hugs
ayla
Old 02-22-2007, 10:47 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Location: Scottsdale, AZ, one big happy dysfunctional family!
OMG ayla, many thanks from this single father for your heartfelt words and sincerety. There isn't a day that goes by when my thoughts and prayers don't go out to all the women and mothers in recovery.

Thank you for being our sisters in sobriety.

Scott
Old 02-22-2007, 10:49 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

astro....if you are brave enough.....please join us on the mommy thread!!!! we love our brave brothers....lol......
Old 02-22-2007, 11:37 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Rinnie's Grandpa

Thanks (((Ayla))) for starting this thread...

Moms, you are the strongest most positive group I have ever had the pleasure of cyber knowing. Going against the toughest odds of addiction, and coming out with your heads held high. Like I have said before, you all are still young with young children, who as I can speak from experience, will love and thank you all for getting clean and sober and being in their life...

You all will never, ever regret it!!!

You didn't wait too long like I did until they were grown and out on their own to finally get clean. Thank God my daughter still loves me and gave me a new beginning with Rinnie to love and nurture...

You are the Sister's I've never had...

I love you all.

Steve

Old 02-22-2007, 11:48 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Thank you, Ayla....

And, Steve..what a sweet thing to say!
Old 02-22-2007, 11:58 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
everything is already ok

Go Mums Go
Old 02-22-2007, 12:11 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Ayla, how beautiful. I am crying now (in a good way).

Much, much love to you ALL,
jane
Old 02-22-2007, 12:18 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Administrator

The support that you women give to each other and get from each other is heart-warming.
Old 02-22-2007, 12:24 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

It was one of the bests days of my life when i met all these awesome mommies(and Steve, Kev, etc)
Thanks you ALL and love you
Old 02-22-2007, 12:37 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Location: Scottsdale, AZ, one big happy dysfunctional family!
Originally Posted by ayla zaire View Post
astro....if you are brave enough.....please join us on the mommy thread!!!! we love our brave brothers....lol......
Sounds like a friendly challenge...lol....I'll join with you very soon!
Old 02-22-2007, 12:57 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

OMG Ayla, i remember the story about the toothbrush, dirty diapers and pee pellets....i laughed so freaking hard. That's when i realized "hey, i need to hang out here more often". It's good to know there's a place we can go and spew whatever is on our mind....good, bad or indifferent..and we're not judged. We're all friends, if someone stops coming around for a day or two we send search parties out looking for them. And Ayla keeps us all in stitches even when she's struggling. I think you missed your calling Ayla....

The thing that i've come to learn from the "mom's" thread is we're all very different, yet we're all alike.....and that's what i love the most. I know that no matter what i'm going through, there is a Mom who has been through the same thing and can help me through it too, and i can be COMPLETELY honest with these women because i know it's not going to change how they think of me.

I love you all!
Thanks C'est!
Old 02-22-2007, 04:20 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

lol......i don't know how i have kept my sense of humor through some of the disasters i've been through......remember when i caught my stove on fire? or the feather pillow that exploded?? the three hundred meals i've burned??? hehe.....

well i see the mommies and daddies are giving each other love....and our new friend astro..(can't forget anna).....but come on SR.....show the mamas some love....
Old 02-22-2007, 04:27 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

I would not be where I am today in my sobriety if it wasn't for the unconditional support and love shown to me everyday here. I thank my HP for showing me the way to these wonderful mommies!! I'm thankful for all of them everyday. ('mommies' is both male and female in my book)
Old 02-22-2007, 06:35 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Old 02-22-2007, 06:41 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Sober and Free

I started on SR because of that thread, and while my real life community is falling apart (as sometimes happens when we see with sober eyes) these wonderful women have picked me up and carried me along.

Love you all! Thank you Ayla, I had a little healthy tear myself.
Old 02-22-2007, 09:29 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Ayla...you have been such a great friend and sister..

I will pay it forward.....

I love you ...

~Beezy
Old 02-23-2007, 10:20 AM
  # 17 (permalink)