Notices

Focusing on the solutions!

Old 02-19-2007, 03:36 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Hope3

Talking Focusing on the solutions!

Heres my problem. My prescriptions didn't come in the mail, 3 days late, and I'm out. These are pretty serious meds that I need, and can't just go get more, through my prescription plan its only 32.00 for three months vs $700.00
without. It will take another week if I have to reorder.

So, I call UPS.. they say they delivered it and Ohara signed for it at 6:10pm friday evening. I say no one named Ohara lives here at the address your driver says they delivered it to. They say, oh well you'll have to call the prescription company monday so they can put a trace on it. I say I need the medication now, could you just call the driver and ask where they dropped it off, and I'll go over there and get it. They say we can't do that. Long story short, I can't get them to do anything.
They even say to check my neighbors houses to see if they got it, cause its not uncommon for a driver to drop a package off at a neighbors if it needs a signature, and your not home. I say well, did it need a signature? She says I can't tell if it did or not from the information I have in front of me.

I say, let me get this straight, you don't know if needed a signature or not, the statement the driver typed in the computer is that they left the package at my address (they had the right address written down) and someone with with a name not even close to mine sighned for it, and your driver gave it to them. However you can't call that driver and have them call me at least. She said thats right.

I said, theres something seriously wrong with your system, don't you think, and of course she said well, I'm sorry but I can't help you.
Sooooooo, after stewing, freaking out and then calming down, I made a list of everything I could do (focusing on the solutions) to try to get my medication back that was given to some one named Ohara.

1. Go door to door close by.. No one knew..

2. Went to the post office, told them my problem, small town. The nice lady said, oh the ups driver, Debbie something stopped by at 2:00 yesterday, but I can't think of her last name. She then said Kinneys gets alot of deliveries, maybe they know her last name.
So, I go to Kinneys, walk in and the lady behind the counter says, hi the post office just called, your package ended up with Mccauliff, and before she could say anything else Mccauliff walked in the door of Kinneys with my package...

Funny thing is, Mccauliff tryed to look up my phone number, but It wasn't in the phone book. I lived in this town for 14 years, my phone has always been listed, and for some weird reason, I'm not in the phone book this year, I didn't even know it till she told me.......

So, you see, if you focus on the solutions, the problems aren't so impossible..
I use these problem solving technics alot, they become habit after a while. However, I would like to skip the getting mad, freaking out part and go right on to the olutions, but I'm a work in progress, ((((((((hope3))))))))
l
Old 02-19-2007, 04:27 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Getting out of my own way!

Good job! They did that to my step-brother. He is in Iraq and they sent it to the base here in the us instead of my parents house so they could send it..Someone at the base signed for it..so he never got it. The company did reissue the meds though.....Glad it all worked out for you!
Old 02-19-2007, 04:41 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

"All's well that ends well"

I too sit down and write out the
possibilities of a solution.

Glad to see another who does it!
Old 02-19-2007, 05:20 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

hope, i love ya...

rz
Old 02-19-2007, 12:40 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

it's great that you stayed fairly calm to figure it all out...and i'm glad you got your meds before it affected your health...

hugs
ayla
Old 02-19-2007, 12:49 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Thank god you got your meds!!! I will try to remember what I've learned here, thanks!!