SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   court date (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/115401-court-date.html)

frstnm 02-11-2007 05:33 AM

court date

havent had anxiety since the begining of Jan but right now i have 2 days until I have to appear in court, my lawyer cant be there so we are going to ask for another pretrial date - another day i have to ask for off @ a new job
(its not going well either)
had to get a ride halfway accross the state to go see the guy too since i cant get to him during normal business hours
i know its just a proceedure that has to be gone through and that im going to a meeting this morning but it doesnt seem to be helping
too scared to drink to face this stuff to be alone doing it
i hope my online aa friend is still talking to me

aasharon90 02-11-2007 05:45 AM

Glad you are here Scott sharing what you are
going thru. It all does seem over whelming at
times....to drink would only set u back and make
matters worst. There are other ways to get over
the rough spots...and drinking is not one of them....

Going to a meeting is perfect..even if u dont think
so right now...it is...sometimes just going thru the
motions is all we can do at the moment....go...
listen...absorb what u hear..take what u need and
leave the rest....

when u keep doing things u dont really want to do...then
the pay off is so much worth it in the long run.

Hang in there....

Rusty Zipper 02-11-2007 05:56 AM

yep scott, a drink aint gunna solve the situation.. you know, it can only make it worse...

hang in... like your life depends on it... and it does...

good wishes........... rz

frstnm 02-11-2007 06:37 AM

glad you folks replied
just trying to plug away and get things done for work court registry lawyer.....
it is very overwhelming and hard to concentrate/focus on even the little things one thing at a time.....
not getting very far this weekend....the disease and all its lovely friends have got me where they want me now
why do they always chose times like this ???

aasharon90 02-11-2007 07:02 AM

Our disease is CUNNING BAFFLING AND POWERFUL.

It can strike at anytime...whether we r in a good place,
mood, or bad place or mood.

It's knowing what to do when the warning signs appear.

It's doing the next best thing...other than drinking....

We have so many choices in life to chose from...good ones
and bad one....the 12 Steps are given to us to guide us
along as we make those choices.

When in doubt....turn to those who are have been there
done that....Sharing their own ESH with you can help
u make a wise chioce.

Remember you are NEVER ALONE.... Someone Above you is
always there. : )

Im with u too buddy. : )

gypsytears 02-11-2007 02:44 PM

Originally Posted by frstnm (Post 1206719)
not getting very far this weekend....the disease and all its lovely friends have got me where they want me now
why do they always chose times like this ???

It's always easier to kick someone when they're already down isn't it?

I hope things start letting up a bit for you :).

parentrecovers 02-12-2007 08:07 AM

take care of yourself and try to keep it simple. blessings, k

WantsOut 02-12-2007 08:51 AM

frstnm, sometimes life just sucks. BUt wading through the hard stuff gets us to the good stuff. You'll deal with this one step at a time, crossing bridges only when you get to them, and remember to breathe. Imagine how proud you'll be if you can look back at all this difficulty and know that you got through it without drinking. If you can do it now, you can do it forever.

I swear there are people like me who live their wholes lives without drinking and it's by choice. It feels good. I never worry about anything that has to do with drinking - driving, hangovers, shame - none of it. It feels very good :) You can feel like this too if you want it bad enough.

Serenity.

gettingbetter 02-12-2007 09:08 AM

I'm proud of the way you are handling all the hard stuff being thrown at you. It would be to easy to just slide back into the old ways that got you where you are now. Just keep plugging away one day at a time, nothing is too difficult to overcome when you have a "clean" mind. Keep on posting and going to meetings. It's hard to think straight when you have court problems hanging over your head. Just do everything they ask of you. Follow directions. It can and will get better!!

sober..finally 02-12-2007 12:59 PM

I too am facing the judicial process. My court date has been set for Mar. 16 which will be exactly 90 days for me. Some fears and concerns:

1. Losing DL, as I own a construction buisness this would not be good.
2. Up to 14 days in jail, kinda like my house and king size bed
3. Fines, Fines Fines, not really wanting to give up the money

All of these things cause me much fear. However I trust theat HP will put in my path what I need. (May need these things to teach me some humility), I know that drinking isn't going to solve anything. I really kinda want it to be over with and find out what they are gonna do to me, but hten I'm not really in control of it. What ever happens happens and I know that HP will get me through it.

Scoty

frstnm 02-13-2007 06:14 AM

well public defender mixed up the dates and im not supposed to be in court today....my attourney couldnt be in court today even if I was supposed to be there - turns out he cant be there for 3-13 EITHER
not boring.....the saga continues
his retainer check may bounce unless I do something this morning about it....
the x just got out of the hospital and was here yesterday when I was at work - again
she has every right to be here since she is still paying rent cuz her stuff is still here
more stress.....

frstnm 02-13-2007 06:16 AM

i have to admit i have o change my sobriety date but I am eons from where I left this whole deal and dont ever want to go back
off to a meeting this afternoon.....