Notices

6 Days In.. When is this spaciness going to go away?

Old 02-07-2007, 07:28 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Follow Directions!

Dori I drank for 40 years, the last 10 years I spent doing what you are doing right now, trying to quit in every manner possible and then suddenly realizing that I was drinking more then I did before. Oh yes I was all full of resolve.

There is a book that I garauntee you can read all about what you are going through right now, it is called Alcoholics Anonymous. After 10 years of trying to quit my butt was kicked, I surrendered to alcohol!!

Well soon after my surrender to alcohol circumstances led me to face death or get sober!!! Well I knew I could not get and stay sober on my own, the vast majority of alcoholics of which I am one can not do it on their own, they need help, guidance, they need folks who have been where they are at to show them how they got sober and stay sober, for me AA was the only answer that worked, they have a solution to the alcoholics dilema.

The only way this old drunk got sober and has stayed sober for 142 days straight without a single relapse is by following directions!

I had to be willing to do anything to get and stay sober, I put myself into detox, in detox as the fog started to clear from my head after being sober for more then three days in a row in many years I learned that the best way according to the detox center to stay sober was to go to 90 AA meetings or more in 90 and get a sponsor.

Well I followed directions because I knew that if I didn't I was going to die. What they did not tell me in detox about AA and staying sober was how happy I would be, nor did they tell me that if I followed directions in AA that eventually my urge/need to drink would be lifted.

By following directions I have been sober and happier then I have been in over 30 years.