Notices

My Introduction

Old 01-29-2007, 11:02 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

My Introduction

im new so please bear with me.im 31 and ive been a herion addict for 10 years .im a hurricane katrina victim and i didnt realize how sick i was until the hurricane sweeped thru my city.its sad to say but i was on the roof of my house for 4 days and u would think i was concerned for my safety but all i could think about was a fix.i was relocated to a major city and the first thing i did when my feet touched ground was to go in a unknown part of town and start my mission looking for herion.i fell right back in the same trap that has been ruining my life the last 10 years.but through the grace of god in november 1995 was the last time i injected poison in my viens.i was blessed 2 have run into a old friend that was in a methedone clinic so i decided to join and this is the first time in years that ive been able to work or just function on a daily basis with out using drugs.but lately ive been having bad nightmares that im using drugs so my conselor insisted that i start opening up and start writing about whats on my mind so here i am sharing with u lovely people...........i just need to know if its me our is it nomal to have dreams almost on a daily basis that your using drugs even after youve been clean for years?
Old 01-29-2007, 11:44 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by mr.clean View Post
... so i decided to join and this is the first time in years that ive been able to work or just function on a daily basis with out using drugs.but lately ive been having bad nightmares that im using drugs so my conselor insisted that i start opening up and start writing about whats on my mind so here i am sharing with u lovely people...........
Welcome to SR, mr. clean. Glad to have you here!

Yup, using dreams are perfectly normal. They suck and can be pretty scary, but they will diminish or even go away over time.

I'm glad you are in counseling and are seeking help. Living clean is a whole lot different that living from fix to fix, eh? We all do this deal one day at a time. The good news is that we DO recover.

Happy to meet you! Stick around, read some posts and keep reaching out, k?
Old 01-29-2007, 11:57 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Welcome to SoberRecovery.
Old 01-30-2007, 04:05 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
everything is already ok

Wlecome to SR and a whole new ball game
Old 01-30-2007, 04:26 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Mr Clean... your safe here... its recoveryville...

nice to meet ya...

good wishes............................ zip
Old 01-30-2007, 04:33 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
let it grow!

Nice to meet you, Mr.Clean! Keep posting! K