Notices

Any Moms Out There Keeping Sane While Not Using Part 12

Old 01-29-2007, 09:56 AM
  # 61 (permalink)  

keep us posted all on what's up with ayla.

ayla amazon--holding you up here sister!

pookie--you have a really little one right? i've been to several meetings where a toddler and/or infant was present. try going to a closed women's meeting and take along toys, bottle etc. the worst that can happen is that you leave. and i'd bet that some of those women would meet your little one with open arms!
Old 01-29-2007, 10:04 AM
  # 62 (permalink)  

Thanks, scoot, i have my baby, then my 5 yr old, I do not want him to be involved with this, i hope that doesn't sound bad, but I really don't want him to know, it sounds so cool, it is called Sisters in Sobriety, I think I will ask to leave (my house) for my lunch hour and try it out and see if they have other suggestions on other meeting. I just want to find a place where there are great mommies, like I found here!!
Old 01-29-2007, 10:17 AM
  # 63 (permalink)  

the other thing you can do is ask other women at the meeting if they have kids and where they go. remain open, willing and smile alot. i'll have fingers crossed for ya.

this ayla stuff is scary. my dh had heart attack and my best friend had stroke. we are all too young for this! ****{ayla}}}
Old 01-29-2007, 10:27 AM
  # 64 (permalink)  

i was 22 when my aneurysm bled, and at 24 had a bypass....i have a feeling she will be ok
probably exhaustion, plus coming off the meds....
at least now she'll get all the tests done, and if there IS something (which i trust there won't be), she'll know and be able to take care of it
does anyone know what hospital she is at?
mis
Old 01-29-2007, 11:07 AM
  # 65 (permalink)  
Sober and Free

Originally Posted by pookielolo View Post
Brynn- no clue??, but I am a blonde!!!

Brandi---what you call rambles are someone else's inspirations, I can't wait to get to where you are at, all the ?? about relearning how to live, how to deal with DH, believing in HP, having a great sponsor, and going to meetings, this is where i want to be, and I enjoy reading your posts. I am taking baby steps, my first meeting was postponed due to baby's illness, but I am going to get there. You are lucky to have a supportive DH, see mine likes to drink, and has no plans of quitting. He has become more supportive in my not drinking though. Sometimes I worry what our relationship will be like, all our friends drink, and when I meet more nondrinking friends, will our marriage start to fall apart, oh well, I have to get that far first, one baby step at a time

Pookie, my husband did not start out supportive. That took a few years of my trying and failing. I am still amazed when I look at his support today.
I too was certain that my quitting had great potential to end our relationship. I can honestly say, that was the disease talking.
Old 01-29-2007, 11:27 AM
  # 66 (permalink)  

(((AYLA))) I am catching up on posts.....my home PC was down for part of the weekend but they were at the house fixing it this morning with DH....I hope it is working now....it was so crappy being without you all for almost two days!

My prayers are with Ayla.....whoever is in contact with her or her DH pleeeeaasseee keep us posted.

Pookie - We have a lot of women's meetings around here in the evenings and on the weekend mornings.....look on the AA website and get a meeting schedule when you go to the meeting. You can go even if the meeting is closed....a closed meetings simply requests that only members of AA share...at an "O" open meeting.....members and non-members can share.
Take care and remember...this is progress not perfection.
Jules
Old 01-29-2007, 11:37 AM
  # 67 (permalink)  

This is for Ayla - I hope it uploaded correctly.....if not I will try again....
Attached Images
File Type: gif
boopturn.gif (23.1 KB, 30 views)
Old 01-29-2007, 11:38 AM
  # 68 (permalink)  

I just got here too...My kids are sick.....

(((((AYLA))))))

I will call her after I get the kids settled in ....
Old 01-29-2007, 12:22 PM
  # 69 (permalink)  

(((((Ayla))))) I hope you start to feel better! You have lots of prayers coming your way!

The denist called me, he wants me to come to his office at 5:30 to meet him. Wish me luck, please. I'll let ya'll know what happens!

Hugs,
Alissa
Old 01-29-2007, 12:47 PM
  # 70 (permalink)  

Good Luck!!!!!
Old 01-29-2007, 01:22 PM
  # 71 (permalink)  

My mom just e-mailed this to me:

UCLA STUDY (very interesting and short)

A study conducted by UCLA's Department of Psychiatry has revealed
that the kind of face a woman finds attractive on a man can differ
depending on where she is in her menstrual cycle.

For example: If she is ovulating, she is attracted to men with
rugged and masculine features.

However, if she is menstruating, or menopausal, she tends to be more
attracted to a man with duct tape over his mouth and a spear lodged in
his chest while he is on fire.
No further studies are expected.
Old 01-29-2007, 01:44 PM
  # 72 (permalink)  
Lurker

More male what would you women do w/ out us sweet people.
Old 01-29-2007, 02:21 PM
  # 73 (permalink)  
everything is already ok

Morning Mums, lol lost be careful mate

Kevin
Old 01-29-2007, 02:38 PM
  # 74 (permalink)  
Lurker

YA! Hope they know I am just playn'
Old 01-29-2007, 02:39 PM
  # 75 (permalink)  
everything is already ok

You can borrow my crash helmet lost
Old 01-29-2007, 02:43 PM
  # 76 (permalink)  

(((((ayla))))....just logged on for first time since sat. morning.

weird weekend! sales sucked but got some good news and am moving up from one booth to two that are really nice. A photographer had the booths before and done a lot of work that has to stay.....so I'll have lot's more room and even room for a dressing room..i have missed some sales due to not having one....blahblahblah. I'll update as I go.

Jonathan's o.k. ....he has decided to move in with that friend after all and I just have this strange sad feeling.....don't understand it really, he's just being real quiet. I think I hurt his feelings because i was pretty angry when we had the talk and I should have waited until I calmed down maybe, but I didn't say anything that wasn't true...just maybe the way I said it. He is so kind and gentle and loving....never a mean word to me. And he's had to put up with a lot from me....he's been here before during and after all my using days, and I am so afraid that he has anger that he just holds in sometimes. I often wonder if he has evr really dealt with his father's death. I so wish he had more family than just me. I used to think that I could do it all..but now realize that' not true and the few relationships I have chosen to be in were not the kind of men that were really great father figures(except ex husband). They all were so good initially...then, well things change.
And he never found his money! I told him that WE would figure out something. I will always be there for him..just have to let him grow no mattr how much it hurts me, but I keep thinking....what if something happens to me. He would be totally alone..totally!

Curly you got the answer...of course i'm sure you know that by now. I swear i probably wouldn't have and it would have driven me insane!

Gotta cut Alex's hair and then he has to be at baseball practice at 6..so it'll be a quick cut!!!! BTW...how did the haircut turn out Brandi???

Hope everyone is great and am worried about Ayla...I'll check back while Alex is at practice..not feeling too great today.

Love to all!!!!!!!!xoxoxox
Old 01-29-2007, 02:45 PM
  # 77 (permalink)  

Hey Kev...If mom's are mum's , are dad's dud's?????? hehe!!!!! seriously though what do you call them? I know I'm silly.
Old 01-29-2007, 02:54 PM
  # 78 (permalink)  

i'm not going to bring up my crap here, cause so much is going on ((ayla))
but i have taken 1/2 xanax, i guess another relapse for me
i guess i'm one of those who DO have to be locked up to recover
Old 01-29-2007, 03:00 PM
  # 79 (permalink)  
everything is already ok

Misti,

If your talking about a detox, its a great idea and even if your not its a great idea. We need to be helped get the toxins out of our bodies and to be taught what to do cos we don't know!!

Hang in there.

Its Mum's and Dad's not duds - LOL

Kevin
Old 01-29-2007, 03:50 PM
  # 80 (permalink)  

Misti-- other Mom's correct me if I am wrong, but this "sisterhood" is big enough for everyone's problems
I am not sure what your DOC was but 1/2 xanax doesn't seem like a huge relapse to me. One day at a time. Please share what is bothering you. Everyone's troubles are important, YOU are important. Sharing on here is what gets us through!!!