Notices

is my boyfriend an online gaming addict?

Old 01-22-2007, 06:10 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Unhappy is my boyfriend an online gaming addict?

Hi. ive been bothered for two weeks about the condition of significant other. it seems he has, in essence, traded other things for gaming in an internet hub located near his abode. we've been together for 4 years now and in the last 3 years, his gaming has been MODERATE only. recently however, ive noticed that he has frequented the place more and more. before, we used to fight about the number of hours he would spend just for gaming. back then, he used to be obsessed (for lack of a better term) with the game called DOTA (defense of the Ancients). he plays for 5, 6, 8 , sometimes even 10 hours straight. for the sake of the relationship, i tried so hard to understand his "addiction" that i actually watched him play and even played it myself. sso for a time, we were ok until recently. you see, were still taking up university and now, he has adapted the "tradition" of going to that same hub EACH AND EVERY TIME he has nothing to do, even on a WEEK/SCHOOL NIGHT. he comes home at 11pm-12 midnight and this is after he's played already the day before for the longest number of hours. he is practically there everyday. and if not everyday, every other day. and when i call him,he rejects my calls and tells me that he cannot take my calls because people are involved in the game. i mean, I AM the reality. am i not? guys, girls, everyone from all walks of life, help me. please. is he addicted? or if he really is, can anyone suggest to me forums for people related to gaming addicts? i cannot take this anymore,. i stay up late just thinking about it, weighing whether what i think is right or wrong. because my bf tells me that im a bad gf for not being able to let him do what he wants. help! thanks
Old 01-22-2007, 07:13 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

I don't know if your boyfriend is an addict.

I would suggest that you do what you can to help yourself.

There are two forums on this board for Friends and Families and you'll find lots of support there.
Old 01-22-2007, 09:02 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Here is what I would be concerned about if I were you...

he is spending all his free time selfishly
he is not interested in your objections
what he is interested in has no potential
for self improvement.

That does not seem like a shining future for you.
What do you think ?

Not all loves are forever...
I outgrew a few men along the way!
They survived and I thrived.

Hugs