Notices

End of third day off tramadol and percocet.

Old 01-21-2007, 11:56 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Take it like a bear...

Wink End of third day off tramadol and percocet.

I know this was the kind of thing I wanted to read when I first came here seeking help while still using...
So, friend, if you are still using tramadol (Ultram) or percocet, I am (finally) living proof you can get through the first three days. When I was still using, that's the first thing I wanted to know.
My habit was huge, especially the Ultram. I went through three 120 pill scripts monthly plus a 90 pill perococet script. I carried one of those pill cases on my keychain and panicked at the thought of the supply running thin.
Today, not so bad, My doctor prescribed clonidine (Catapres) for withdrawal symptoms. I still can't sleep so am going to ask about Rozarem in about seven hours. Please don't misunderstand, I am NOT in any position to recommend a course of drugs or withdrawal route for anyone. I'm just stating what is working for me. And please don't think that I think of myself as the wise old man who conquered in just three days. I am an alcoholic with 16 years sobriety before relapse.
The non-drug things I did were just as important. I talked everything over with my partner, I called both prescribing physicians and told them I was abusing the drugs and to cut me off. I called my two pharamacies and told them I was now allegic to all narcotic drugs as well as Ultram. I'm pretty sure they knew what I meant but were very professional. I am lucky that I can get a few days off from work. And my life-partner has been most supportive.
So, that's where I am today. I am not street savvy and would have no idea how to get the drugs illegally, and my "sources" (the docs) know my story now. I could go to another doc, I know, but that's way too much effort just to feel sh*tty again.
Best to all of you,
Stagebear in NJ.
Old 01-22-2007, 11:50 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

good job! i had to do the same thing with all my pharmacies, as well as my doctors. it's a hard step to take, but worth it when the cravings hit and you know you can't get anything
it's rough now, i know, but it will pass....the RLS will lessen, and believe it or not, sleep WILL return!
best of luck
misti
Old 01-22-2007, 02:35 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

The strongest thing you did that reinforced the fact that you want to be clean is calling the doctors and the pharmacies that was a huge step and you should be very proud. I used to be addicted to xanax and my mother ended up having to call my doctors and tell them that I was becoming addicted and they cut off my scripts she also called all the ER's in town and had them label me as a drug seeker so I was given no narcatoics when I went to the ER. At least you were brave enough to do it yourself you should be proud. And you are going to be successful. As long as you want it you will get it just make sure youre doing this for you and only you and no one else. This has to come from within and not even for just your partner. And remember its just as easy as yes im going to take a pill or no im not gonna take a pill, It really is that simple
Old 01-22-2007, 02:48 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hey Stagebear,

You're doing great and your post will help inspire many of those who lurk and read and are looking for hope.

Keep moving forward!