Notices

I'm new and really scared

Old 01-22-2007, 04:11 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Hope3

Red face Quilt, will lessen.

Originally Posted by fivealive View Post
Hey thanks guys for all the support but it's only been one day and I had the worst night sleep of my entire life, or at least that what it felt like. The guilt was so overwhelming and not to mention the sweaty skin. I do have the support of my spouse but that only made me feel like I was such a self pitying, sad person, so when does it get better?
Hi five alive: I had a similar experience 56 days ago when I decided to quit drinking and quit the insanity. I also had the support of my lover, but I felt so quilty it wasn;t even healthy. This was my first post......

2nd day of my new life!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi everyone, this is my first post and second day on my road to a alcohol free life. I am an alcoholic, there I've said it out loud for the second time in my life. I'm here because I choose to live and discontinue killing myself and the love of my partner. My partner of 17 years has been patient through my denial years, 4 to be exact, but day by day I feel the hurt I am causing her and myself.
This is the first time I have seeked any kind of help. After finding your site and surfing around I felt comfortable enough to take it to this step, because I don't think I can do it on my own.
I am a 47 year old woman and enjoy a lot of things that alcohol gets in the way of like hiking and backpacking. These things have slid to the back burner because alcohol has slid to the front. I think people would call me a functioning alcoholic (not a very good one) because I don't miss work over olcohol, at least physically. I'm there in body, but i'm sure you all know a clear mind does not accompany the body when you are drinking 1 and 1/2 or more liters of wine 4 days out of the week.
Because I drink behind my partners back on nights I go to college at least my weekends are sober, so really my best day of the week is Monday. Well I can write alot more, but for now I would just like to say I commit to a sober life, one day at a time and any incouragement you can give me will be greatly appreciated. Thank-you hope3

I posted this because I can tell you it certainly does get better..........I can't even imagine going back to the quilt---distance------and hiding...Life with my lover is so much more...

I wish you and your partner the best, Hope3........
Old 01-22-2007, 05:18 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

It will get better when you are able to really let go and let it get better. I would suggest trying some benedryl to help with the anxiety you may feel and help with sleep a little bit or you can go to your doctor and be honest about your drinking problem and he can maybe give you something to help. Every day it will get a little easier one day at a time but it will get better and you will be so much happier in all aspect of your life I promise you that. Keep being strong and let yourself be self pitied and sad if it helps you feel better do whatever it takes just DONT drink...
Old 01-23-2007, 06:31 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Welcome to SR Five. You will find the experience strength and hope you need here for sure. Remember, take what you like and leave the rest.

Peace, Levi
Old 01-25-2007, 11:31 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Five Alive keep up the good work! I, too, am a newcomer. Have just made a week without a drink, and it feels really wonderful. I'm having issues with sleep too. The first couple nights I barely slept a wink for all the tossing and turning. Last night I slept for a solid 4 hours and it was great. Funny that even with the lack of sleep, I awoke feeling truly rested-- can't say that about my drunken days. So, hopefully, as your body adjusts, your sleep will normalize. I wish you the best, God Bless.
Old 01-25-2007, 01:48 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  
everything is already ok

welcome to SR fivealive. It takes time for use to heal and we need to give ourselves time and not be distracted. Just keep focused on abstinence one day at a time.

Kevin