SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   3 years (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/113394-3-years.html)

mountaingirl 01-18-2007 07:23 PM

3 years

Hello old friends :)

It's a quiet little celebration for me, having three years sober today, but I did the first year here, so this is where I come to mark the time. Thanks to the support of buds that kept showing up, I got days, weeks, months and here I am - three big ones.

In these three years, I have changed a million other things too; lost 45 lbs, did a triathlon, a 5k, 10k and a half marathon as well. Who knew I was a runner? Seriously! Getting a grip has changed everything. But all change starts with one choice piled upon another. Just likes stones.

Hugs to you, Kath, Denise, Anna, Dan, Joe, Missy, and the whole Don't Quit crowd. Got my own bus now, and its smokin!

MG

CarolD 01-18-2007 08:18 PM

:birthday:

Fabtastic!

Time2Surrender 01-18-2007 10:22 PM

Congrats on 3 years. Happy Birthday. :)

GlassPrisoner 01-18-2007 11:08 PM

Congrats !

How'd you do it ?

gypsytears 01-19-2007 04:56 PM

3 years? That really is something great :).

Anna 01-19-2007 04:58 PM

I'm so happy to see you Mountain Girl!

Congratulations and enjoy your quiet celebration!

Bonni 01-19-2007 08:02 PM

(((((( Mountaingirl)))))) :Val004:

I'm so happy to see you back! I'v really missed you!

BIG CONRATULATIONS ON YOUR 3 YEARS!!! THATS FANTASTIC!!

Keep coming back my friend, we need your ESH here. :bus

Love, Bonni :grouphug:

mountaingirl 01-20-2007 05:49 AM

Hi Bonni and Anna!

I knew some one would still be here!

Bonni, thankyou for the photo. Having not done the AA thing has it's drawbacks and one of them is that there is no real system for marking the anniversaries! So I really appreciate that I am worthy of that medal on some level! What I feel at this point in my journey is such relief to not be struggling any longer. There are tons of blessings to not drinking, and the one I enjoy most often is that the decision is behind me! Life is so much simpler. That is not to say every day is pure bliss, I certainly have found other things to fight in my life!

Anna, are you working for SR now, because I notice your name is everywhere! How is Chy?

Thankyou for remembering me :)

mountaingirl 01-20-2007 05:52 AM

My story is in the thread where people can post at one year. I forget what the thread is called! My story is called The Mountain Behind Me from 1/18/04

Be happy to answer any other questions :)

I'mready99 01-20-2007 06:14 AM

Congratulations Mountaingirl...

I'm new here at SR, but stories like yours keep me motivated about keeping clean and sober...

Way to go!!!

One day at a time.

Steve

:)

dave 01-20-2007 08:00 AM

Alright 3yrs very proud of you.

NYCGirl 01-20-2007 08:26 AM

Congrats on your 3 years, you are truly an inspiration!!!

wingsfree 01-20-2007 08:55 AM

((((((((L...Mountain Girl))))))) Way to go, you've come a long ways, so happy I was here to be able to watch your grown from the beginning. It's also good to see the struggle is over, what I learned along the way is not to get to sure of myself.

Keep up the Sober Happy Dance, and a HUGE CONGRATS with all your changes, thanks so much for sharing with us.

By the way, did you get your book published?

Hugs......justme..Denise

hope3 01-20-2007 10:11 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Happy birthday mountain girl, wow your energy level is something to be desired, thanks for the inspiration today, best wishes Hope3.

Johneebegood 01-20-2007 10:19 AM

Congratulations on 3 years.. I will have 3 years March 26th.... I cant believe it.... 34 years in active addiction..It was the only life I knew.. My new life is so rewarding. Im free Im free Im free

scootinbabe 01-20-2007 04:59 PM

wow wee! three years is awesome!

to me, it's so interesting to see how much recovery changes through the years. just today someone at a meeting was talking about how their inner self is evolving in year three...

keep inspiring us!

nogard 01-20-2007 05:00 PM

way to Go, keep posting.

Kevin

1_day@_a_time 01-22-2007 06:20 PM

Hey Mountangirl!!!!

AWESOME tohear from you..........not too many left from the "old" days!

MOST EXCELLENT you stopped by, and a MAJOR LEAGUE CONGRATULATIONS ON 3 YEARS OF SOBRIETY.

I too have been running, mostly trails, done some halfs and a few marathons!

Tazman53 01-23-2007 04:05 AM

Congrats on 3 years Mountaingirl and thank you for keeping this old drunk sober one more day.