Notices

I had no choice

Old 01-28-2007, 03:14 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Angry I had no choice

I am a new member and not so sure where to even begin with this but I will say that for 4 years I have bent over backwards for the man I love who is an addict. He would stay clean for the longest time and then go back to the drugs, I put him in jail in 2005 which started a new road to recovery with 19 months clean time and Dec. 29th he hit that road again and hit it wide open without warning, any signs or indications and since then has called me being so mean, making threats and even had some female to call me with some off the wall BS I had no idea who she was or what the hell she was even talking about so I had no choice but to file a restraining order on him. Why after everything I have done for him does he do me this way?? Usually when he'z on the high road he has no contact at all but this time is different because I am the one who ended it this time when I found out he was using again and not him! Is that the reason? Because I was the one who ended it and not the user who is the one use to doing that?? I cant have him calling me and making these threats and coming to my home begging for money, he is unpredictable because of the **** running through his body! I know all about users, their actions, the lies, the manipulation, signs, warnings, you name it, hell I could write a book on it as I am sure most of you can as well. Just needed to let some steam out and what better place to do it than here with others who know what I am going through. You cant exactly talk to family and friends about it who hasn't been there and doesn't understand, so thanx for taking the time.........................
Old 01-28-2007, 04:12 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi Helpless,

Welcome!

You might like to check out the Friends and Families forums on this board where you'll find lots of support.
Old 01-29-2007, 07:16 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
let it grow!

welcome, helpless. i have a 22 year old daughter in early recovery from alchohol and cocaine addiction, so i understand how hard it is to be around. i post over on the family and friends section - so come on over! k
Old 02-01-2007, 06:27 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Hey Helpless,
Just wanted you to know that I am thinking of you. You are a strong and sweet person. Keep your head up and keep posting!! Love Ya!