Notices

New Here

Old 01-18-2007, 09:07 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Ex Pain Med Inspector

New Here

Hey whats up my name is Logan. I am near here I am currently enrolled in a Methadone treatment center. I am 23 and have been an addict to herion and prescription painkillers for hte past 8 years. I have been clean since November 10th. It has been tough but I am doing good. My drug of choice was Oxycontin when I could not herion. I was spending between 350-500 dollars a week. Is anyone else here on Methadone treatment? Or do you guys frown upon that. I hope I am welcomed here, but I will just have to wait and find out.
Old 01-18-2007, 09:11 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hi Loco!

Everyone is welcome here. We all just want to get better. I have no personal experience with your situation but there are others here who have and they will be along soon.

Hugs, Jhana
Old 01-18-2007, 09:12 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Ex Pain Med Inspector

For the first time in a long time too, I feel alive. Things have been so much better with my family. Here are some pics of my my girl and my boy this past Christmas my first sober Christmas since 1998. Hope you enjoy
Old 01-18-2007, 09:13 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Ex Pain Med Inspector

Damnit I tried posting pics of my family but it said I need to have 15 post first
Old 01-18-2007, 09:14 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Ex Pain Med Inspector

I am sure there alot of people her that fought their disease longer than 8 years. But I was too the point I was either going to end up dead or in prison. No questions asked
Old 01-18-2007, 09:14 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Ex Pain Med Inspector

I have pawned things I will never get back again. Betrayed people that loved me and wanted the best for me. Stolen from people who didnt deserve it, I have hurt others just so I could get high.
Old 01-18-2007, 09:16 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Ex Pain Med Inspector

I was very good at hiding my addiction. All of the people I work with and my family did not realize I had the problem. I was a great person on the outside. But inside I was a addicted fiend spiraling out of control on the verge of self destruction. My girl never did get down on me about my habit. But I could it was affecting our relationship greatly. In the past 8 years I probably only went no lie a total of 7 days being sober. And how I have been drug free since 11-10-06. Makes me feel good.
Old 01-18-2007, 09:18 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Ex Pain Med Inspector

When I was using I actually couldnt see myself being clean, I was scared to imagine life without any pills at all. I was scared. Now that I have made the change I have lost all my friends. But they all used so their is a chance they really werent even my friends just a crutch so I could get high. One thing I still have though is my family and I am thankful everyday for that.
Old 01-18-2007, 09:23 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Welcome to SoberRecovery Logan. There are others here also in the Methadone Program. Stick around. This is a great place for support. You'll have your 15 posts before you know it.
Old 01-18-2007, 09:46 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Follow Directions!

Logan there is a ton of support here and different forums as well I cruise and post a few of them. I am an alcoholic.... my drug of choice, I have no experience with heroin, meth, or oxcy, but you may want to look into NA, it helps a lot of addicts recover.

I heard a rumor around here that guy Time2Surrender may be in NA so maybe you guys could chat a bit! LOL
Old 01-18-2007, 09:55 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Tazman53 View Post

I heard a rumor around here that guy Time2Surrender may be in NA so maybe you guys could chat a bit! LOL
LOL How do all these rumors get started? Next thing you know people will be saying I like to ride quads too.
Old 01-18-2007, 10:53 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Ex Pain Med Inspector

Time2Surrender that is cool like you like to ride. I actually work at a bike shop Xtreme Suzuki I do Yamaha,Suzuki,Honda,Polaris, and Kawasaki. If you would ever need any parts we could chat and I could give you great deals. I am glad their is someone else on here that rides too!
Old 01-18-2007, 11:13 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Finally! Another rider here at SR. I ride an '05 Honda TRX 450R and my girlfriend rides an '03 Yamaha Blaster. Check out the ATV thread in the Mens room. http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...here-ride.html
Old 01-18-2007, 06:20 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Hi Loco Logan. I have no experience with oxycontin, but like everyone else said, I'm sure you can hook up with others who can share with you. Addiction is addiction. Regardless of the substance, whether it be alcohol, oxycontin, or heroine, we are all here to heal. Take good care of yourself!!!! Best wishes.
Old 01-18-2007, 08:54 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Hey and welcome to SR. I hope you will find the experience strength and hope that you need here to help you beat your addiction.

Peace, Levi
Old 01-19-2007, 07:23 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  
Ex Pain Med Inspector

Thanks for the welcome guys. I am definitley glad that I joined this site. The hardest part was being dope sick for 3 weeks. I was constantly throwing up and had severe diareha. Had the chills, constant goosebumps, really irratable, and just secluded myself from everyone and everything. Now I feel great and am so thankful to be alive, and I am very happy with my decision to live life sober!
Old 01-19-2007, 11:49 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Its a good decision. This is a much better way to live.
Old 01-21-2007, 07:11 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  
Ex Pain Med Inspector

What does that Party Party Party Part 3 thread mean? Can someone fill me in?
Old 01-21-2007, 09:08 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  
Raised from the Dead

i kicked a 5+ year heroin habit on january 29, 2006 cold turkey. i also kicked oxys and benzos at the same time. all i did was listen to whatever everyone told me to do in AA and ive been clean ever since. sponser, steps, 90/90...it works!!
Old 01-21-2007, 10:06 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  
Ex Pain Med Inspector

Originally Posted by chicago View Post
i kicked a 5+ year heroin habit on january 29, 2006 cold turkey. i also kicked oxys and benzos at the same time. all i did was listen to whatever everyone told me to do in AA and ive been clean ever since. sponser, steps, 90/90...it works!!

Damn that is just awesome there. Yeah I liked the stamps a little too much. I wish I could of went cold turkey. But I was doing 5-6 80's a day before I decided to make the change. I have no regrets being on Methadone treatment I feel so much better, and plan on staying on the plan for awhile.