SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   Newbie in Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/112796-newbie-recovery.html)

Ultra-addict 01-11-2007 10:23 AM

Newbie in Recovery

Hello all,
I've been browsing over this site and found it quite awesome. I am 40 days in recovery. I just got out of a 30 day treatment program in Knoxville, which I must say, was quite possibly the most amazing thing I've ever been through. I'm not sure about other treatment centers as this was my first, but the experience is indescribable. It is a program based on the 12 steps of AA/NA. All of the counselors were recovering addicts/alcoholics, so we weren't preached to. It was just like a one month long NA meeting, with the counselors expressing their experience, strength, and hope. Anyway, my wife has joined this forum and has gotten so much support and information from everyone, so I want to thank the ones who have helped her. She is such an amazing woman and is behind me 100%. I am really hoping to grow in my recovery here, and help other addicts in anyway that I can. I've found that I get more therapy out of helping other addicts than anything. Thank you all for being here.

I'mready99 01-11-2007 10:26 AM

Welcome to SR Ultra...

You have come to the right place for support. You have a plus going for you with your wife in recovery also. You two can be a team. Thats GREAT...

Stick around, read and post often. Check out the Substance Abuse forum. Many good guys and gals over there who you can relate closely with...

Both of you stay Strong and Positive...

One day at a time.

Steve

:)

PS...Congratulations on your 40 days and 40 nights!!!

GlassPrisoner 01-11-2007 10:32 AM

Welcome !

Congrats and Good Luck on you journey.

Time2Surrender 01-11-2007 10:37 AM

Welcome to SoberRecovery. :)

Astro 01-11-2007 10:40 AM

Welcome Ultra, glad you've joined us. SoberRecovery is a great place to be.

parentrecovers 01-11-2007 10:43 AM

hello, and welcome! congrats on your 40 days of recovery. my daughter completed a an inpatient program similiar to yours as far as philosophy and staff background. she also had a wonderful experience, and has passed 100 days of clean and sober. how wonderful of you to give your wife such respect and thanks, that shows such recovery. you doing 90 meetings in 90 days? is your wife in alanon? keep making progress, and enjoy your new life - together. blessings, k

Ultra-addict 01-11-2007 10:48 AM

Parent,
My wife has been doing 3 online Nara-anon meetings/week since I have been gone. I'm doing as many meetings as I can. I live in a very rural area, so 90 in 90 would involve a lot of 4 hour round trip drives a few times a week, but I'm shooting for 5-6 meetings a week. I went to an NA meeting Tuesday, and found out that the church next door has an Alanon meeting at the same time, so we're going together next week. Thank you all for your support and kind words.

mooselips 01-11-2007 05:17 PM

Ultra,
Just want to add a welcome to Sober recovery from me!
Glad you're here, it's a great place, and congratulations on your sobriety.
Keep up the great work!

Hugs to you,