Notices

Can I be here?

Old 01-10-2007, 11:33 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Question Can I be here?

Hi everyone, my name is Tess.
I've been looking for something like this forum and was really excited to find such a supportive environment; however, I have less than a minute of sobriety (if that's what you call being clean from cocaine...?), and I don't think I'll be able to work toward really stopping until my stash runs out. That'll probably happen before the night is through, and I really want to have support when it does, since I want so much to stop, but I feel uncertain about whether I should be allowed to post when I'm going to have zero clean time.
Am I still allowed here? If so, can anyone offer me some suggestions for getting through the very beginning of coming down and giving up cocaine? I've only been using it for nine weeks, but in that time I've done about ten grams, and consume each one much more quickly than the last. I'm having tons of physical problems (am I allowed to be specific about them?), and know that this could easily kill me if I don't stop. I realize that I should probably be in rehab, but I'll lose my home if I do, which would place me right back in the environment where I got hooked on this (and alcohol) in the beginning. I don't have any other options just now.
Thank you, anyone who's listened.
Old 01-11-2007, 01:30 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Welcome to SR!

I have no experience with cocaine...I am an aalcoholic.

Others will be along to answer you
I just wanted you to know you are welcomed here.
Old 01-11-2007, 08:06 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Belgian Sheepdog Adictee

Welcome to SR Tess.

We have several forums here that can probably help you and lots and lots of folks (myself included) who have been where you are now.

So, look around, read the different threads, check out the "stickys" at the tops of the different forums, ask questions.

All we can do is share our own Experience, Strength and Hope (ES&H). It can help tremendously in learning about recovery and getting into a program of recovery.

You might like to try some AA or NA meetings also. There are tons of both in Sacremento!!!!!

Please keep posting and let us know how you are doing, we do care.

Love and hugs,
Old 01-11-2007, 08:12 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Tess, you can be here! We're GLAD you're here.
Old 01-11-2007, 08:14 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome Tess and of course, we're glad you found us.

This is a great place to come for support and information, so I hope you keep posting and reading.
Old 01-11-2007, 09:49 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

welcome Tess the people here are lovely,
all the best for you :0)
Ang
Old 01-11-2007, 10:16 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Rinnie's Grandpa

Welcome Tess...

Of course you are welcome here. We are all on the same path, just some of us have different burdens we carry on our back...

Mine is alcohol, yours is cocaine. Just different demons thats all...

I would suggest visiting the Substance Abuse forum. Many good people over there that have the same desire to live a clean life like you sound like you do...

Best of luck to you Tess...

Stay Strong and Positive...

One day at a time.

Steve

Old 01-11-2007, 10:32 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Hi Tess. Of course your welcome here. I was here for 6 months or so before I was able to stay clean for any signifigant amount of time. Stick around and keep posting. You can find plenty of support here at SoberRecovery.
Old 01-11-2007, 10:51 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
let it grow!

welcome, tess! you don't have to worry about anything you say here, so feel free to post often and honestly.

my daughter is over 100 days clean from a cocaine habit - she was a pretty heavy user for about a year, and also an alcoholic. she got this far in recovery with professional help (rehab, counseling) and many aa/ca meetings. i wish you great success on your road to recovery. blessings, k