Notices

Didn't make it to 30

Old 01-09-2007, 11:12 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Sober Reality

Didn't make it to 30

The willingness left me on Saturday and I slipt. I had a drink and today would have been day 30 for me. I could not even make it a month. What is wrong with me. Why was I not able to do it. I don't belive in myself or a sober life.
Old 01-09-2007, 11:18 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Did you give up on riding a two wheeler because you fell off your bike when the training wheels came off.

Thursday should be 7 months for me, but I have to wait to Feb 1st, because I couldn't make it 30 days either.

Don't give up, try again and don't look back!!!
Old 01-09-2007, 11:55 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Om, Aum, Ohm...

My biggest fear in getting sober was that I didn't know what was on the other side of it. Even in the first thirty, sixty, ninety days, I still wasn't sure. I'd been drinking and using so long, I didn't know who I was. I had others around me who told me to "stick around until the miracle happens." I had faith in that....and it kept me going until, little by little, the miracle unfolded and I found me.

Do you have a support system? I found mine in AA. It works for many, and it doesn't cost a thing.

Peace & Love,
Sugah

p.s. Stick around until the miracle happens!
Old 01-09-2007, 12:17 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Sober and Free

Dont give up. That self hate may feel justified to you now, but really it is just a tool for the addicted mind. Don't give up, start again today. The drinks behind us dont count, it's the drinks in front of you that you have to pay attention to now. Dont give up, take today as a new miracle an start again.
Old 01-09-2007, 12:22 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Rinnie's Grandpa

Afternoon jesse...

Hey, ya had a slip. It could happen to any of us, at any time...

Just pick yourself up, dust yourself off and start back down the recovery trail...

Stay Strong and Positive...

One day at a time.

Steve

Old 01-09-2007, 01:05 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Sober Reality

Thank you for this. It says so much. I am so damn mad at myself but I know I have a second chance and I also know that this feeling is becuase I DID drink not becuase I DIDN"T drink. Thanks again.
Old 01-09-2007, 02:27 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Hope3

Red face

Hey Jess, you said it best!

Originally Posted by jessevans1980 View Post
Thank you for this. It says so much. I am so damn mad at myself but I know I have a second chance and I also know that this feeling is becuase I DID drink not becuase I DIDN"T drink. Thanks again.
Just the fact that you are willing to pick up and start again shows your determination and commitment.

Your body and soul thanks you for the 30 days, and they are not lost, just a little broken up.

Hang in there! Best wishes Hope3. I'll keep the light burning for you
Old 01-09-2007, 02:34 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Administrator

You can do this Jess and learn from your experience. You said the willingness left you and I know it takes a LOT of motivation to get through the early sobriety period. What can you do to prevent this from happening again?

Most of us have been where you are and we know how hard it is to pick yourself up. But, you can do this!
Old 01-09-2007, 08:10 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Use those sober days as a base for your new sobriety

Do you have a plan?

Blessings
Old 01-09-2007, 08:31 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

We all have our paths, don't give up. I was able to go 90 my first go at it and then I slipped repeatedly for a period of months before I got back on totally and remained clean. Despite that, after several months, I again slipped. I just got back up and tried again. Now I am sober.

Learn from the slip. What caused it? What triggers did you experience? When did you first think about drinking? What caused you to think that way? When you broke down and went to get the booze, where were you and what were you doing? Did you try to talk yourself out of it? Did you have a plan... i.e. a buddy to call or anything that could help provide support in this dire time? If not, why not?

Peace, Levi