SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   Six Months! Woo-Hoo! (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/111823-six-months-woo-hoo.html)

GreenTea 01-01-2007 12:14 PM

Six Months! Woo-Hoo!

Well, today is my SIX MONTH MARK!!!!!!!!!!!!! WOOOOO-HOOOO!!!!!! :)

I'll be collecting some chips and chairing a Beginner's Meeting later today!

What a ride this has been so far. Every month it just keeps getting a little bit better.

My life is far from "perfect", (and I still have some things ahead of me that are scary), but man oh man... it is SOOOOO much better than it was when I first came here six months ago. That time in my life back then seems like such a nightmare... because it was.

To those people who have just found this site, and those who have found it recently... STICK WITH SOBRIETY!!! RECOVERY ROCKS!!!!!!!

Those first thirty days were very hard for me, mainly because of the physical issues...

The next thirty days were very hard too, mainly because of the emotional issues...

But STICK WITH IT -- IT IS WORTH IT!!!!!!!

Around about the ninety day mark, things began changing. There was still a long way to go, (hey, there still is!), but I started feeling better about myself. I started finding little moments of happiness again. Life started to seem worth living again. Just tiny little speckles, but they were THERE!

And as more time went by, and as I started actually working on my recovery, the miracles started happening. I started living life on life's terms, and I actually started becoming SUCCESSFUL at it!!!!! I'm not in a living hell anymore, feeling like a dead-man walking.

Life is good, and its getting better!

Find an AA group. Keep going back. Keep going to meetings. Take an interest in your fellow mankind. TALK with people. LISTEN to people. CARE about people and about yourself again. *P*R*A*Y* !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

There's a whole WORLD that God has put in front of us, and its just waiting for US to wake up and participate!!!

People CARE!

YOU ARE NOT ALONE!!!!!

:)

BigSis 01-01-2007 12:19 PM

(((Greentea))) .... I heard the "whoop" clear over here! Congrats on the six months!

NYCGirl 01-01-2007 12:44 PM

Congrats on your six months!!!

BrandiK 01-01-2007 12:53 PM

Congrats and keep it up! Thank you so much for sharing, it helps beginners like me tremendously

meblonde 01-01-2007 01:13 PM

greentea you go!!! this is day one for me.. not even a full day yet. I can't wait to get where you are..

cmc 01-01-2007 01:38 PM

GreenTea,
Way to go!! I am so happy for you. Congratulations for all the good recovery!!! :banana:
hugs,
cmc
:ny9:

expenguin 01-01-2007 02:04 PM

WOW.......Keep up the good work and know that I am in the same boat as you....................But I have a few more waves ahead of you........But who is counting........CONGRATS.....You did a good job and I am proud of you.........

One day at a time around here..............Keep reading your Big Book and working those steps...............This recovery in AA is what it is all about................Our NEW LIFE....today ...first and foremost......................

Little Penguin

scootinbabe 01-01-2007 02:31 PM

way to go! HUGE milestone there! keep on keeping on!

mikiglen 01-01-2007 02:32 PM

congrats, green tea, for letting us be a part of your recovery (and your humor :))

Arura 01-01-2007 02:58 PM

((((((GT)))))))) Fantastic....xXx...!

WTG....!

............................:ny9

mcdo1268 01-01-2007 04:09 PM

Thats what I'm talking about.....grounded but excited!!!! Congrats

hope3 01-01-2007 04:18 PM

Congradulations greentea, thanks for the inspiration, hope3

:slider3:

CarolD 01-01-2007 05:36 PM

Thank you for sharing so generously for
the past 6 months!

The service you did by posting the excerps
from "Under The Influence" is outstanding.

Fantastic progress...Congratulations on 6 months!

:funjump::funjump: