And never brought to mind?
Should old acquaintances be forgotten,
And days of long ago !

Chorus:
For old long ago, my dear
For old long ago,
We will take a cup of kindness yet
For old long ago.

May each and every one of you enjoy a healthy, SOBER 2007!
Old 01-01-2007, 08:16 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Old & Sober Member of AA

OK...it is now a brand new year...it wasn't all that traumatic, was it?

I hope everyone made the transition comparatively unscathed! What did you finally wind up doing? Be honest, now!

As for me...my son and I had a delicious lobster and steak dinner I had been craving...sides of salad, onion rings, french fries, ice cream for dessert.

Then I watched a few hours of championship poker...$12million to the winner! Zowee!!!

At 11:00, we broke out munchies...chips and sourcream dip, salsa, creamed herring. The latter is supposed to be for good luck...I think it just gave me heartburn and insomnia!

Watched NY's Rockin' Eve from Times Square...the best was a performance by The Jersey Boys...Dick Clark looks pretty much the same, but his speech is affected by his recent stroke. The ball dropped along with two tons of confetti...looked great, but what a mess...and all those crazy people crammed into the area. Never did it, never wanted to...not my idea of a good time...not even when I was drinking!

Going to have a delicious NY's dinner of roast pork, oven roasted spuds, artichoke, pickled beets, cherry pie. Nothing but bowl games on tv, so I'll play some on-line bridge, and maybe watch The DaVinci Code on pay-per-view.

Can you tell, since I quit drinking and smoking, my favorite past-time is eating!?! Enjoy your day, whatever you do.
Old 01-01-2007, 08:19 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Grateful Member!

Originally Posted by raerob View Post

As for me...my son and I had a delicious lobster and steak dinner I had been craving...sides of salad, onion rings, french fries, ice cream for dessert.

Yum, Rae. I am so glad you didn't take the lobster craving into the New Year. Happy New Year to you and John. Glad he was there to ring in 2007 with you. Love, -p.
Old 01-01-2007, 08:36 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Happy New, I going to be bold assume you are not have the relative that started you eating creamed herring over for New years day dinner.

Last Night I went to a typical party with many whom I grew up stopped sand got my cran and club already had the Red Bull, someday all work on the caffine, because I kew threre only be soda for the kids and I am not real big soda drinker.

Kids where with us, my nine year old sipped (checked) my drink I guess I can't blame her. Everyone brought something to eat, there was to much food ugh! I'm still stuffed. I piled a whole crew into my truck and went to see the ball drop in my town and they also had fire works!

I still slept in, but other the a bit bloated form eating too much I fell awsaome.
Old 01-01-2007, 09:05 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Sober and Free

My kids spent the evening with their glorious day care providor (and my best friend) and my husband and I got to have an evening alone!

We went out for a grown up dinner (steak, lobster, crab, shrimp...all the yummies) and had an evening alone What a great night!
Old 01-01-2007, 09:17 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Hope3

Red face Happy New Year

Happy new year raerob and everyone, I hiked to meet my lover at a warming hut. I brought lobster rolls hot chocolate and dessert. I hiked in with 5 other friends, no alcohol involed but lots of sweets.

We had perfect weather, sunny low 30's just beautiful. I got home around 6:00 put a pizza in the oven, ate and fell a sleep by 8:30.

I know it doesn't sound very exciting, but it was to me.

I hope everyones new years hopes and dreams come true, best wishes,
Hope3