Notices

Day 15

Old 12-31-2006, 11:39 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 15

Well it's day 15, and I have been turning everything over to God and not real thrilled about some of the results. Guess He knows best and I will try and stay out of his way.

Have good days and bad days. Last night after meeting I went bowling with a another group. Haven't been bowling in probably 15 yrs and had alot of fun. Can't wait for next Sat. night.

Meeting I'm going to tonight has a NY dance after meeting and I'm looking forward to that. Haven't a lot to say just wanted to whine a little about not getting what I wanted.

Happy New Years to all.

Scot
Old 12-31-2006, 11:49 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi Scot,

I'm glad you're doing well and it really is hard to let go of a lot of the stuff we've been holding onto. And, I think there are always good days and bad days. The thing is that now I know the bad days will not last. Before I used to get completely caught up in the bad days and couldn't move forward. I hope you have fun tonight.
Old 12-31-2006, 11:50 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

It all sounds good! Happy New Year!
Old 12-31-2006, 11:56 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Good for you Scot!

Happy Sober '07
Old 12-31-2006, 12:09 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Thanks for the words. It is getting better.

Scot
Old 12-31-2006, 12:12 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
I can't save you

CONGRATSSSS =]

I am very happy for you!!
Old 12-31-2006, 12:22 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Peace, No More Guilt 9/28/2010

Anna, How long have you been sober, and when you had bad days did you end up drinking?
Old 01-02-2007, 09:40 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

It keeps getting better and better. On New Years day, I found out that my exgirlfriend that I had been trying to patch things up with instead patched things up with her ex-boyfriend 2 yrs previous to me. Did that ever send me into a tailspin. I called my mom who had just gotten of the phone w/ my grandmother and she said she was coming over to talk to me. She delivered the news that my cousin had just died.

HAPPY NEW YEAR

Oh yeah I did call sponsor cause I was on some really shaky ground.

After a couple of conversations with the girlfriend, last night and this morning I have been able to put some closure on us and have a better understanding of what is going on. I am able to accept it. Just ain't likin it much.

Of course I was so caught up in ME that I didn't have time to grieve for my cousin or his mother who in the last 15 years has lost a husband(my uncle) and two of her three children.

So come on God pile it on I'm ready. I've got a really big blue book alot of friends that say I can handle it. (might need Your help of course)

Scot
Old 01-02-2007, 10:10 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Location: Scottsdale, AZ, one big happy dysfunctional family!
Originally Posted by sober..finally View Post
Well it's day 15, and I have been turning everything over to God and not real thrilled about some of the results. Guess He knows best and I will try and stay out of his way.
Scot, I'm sorry to hear about the bad news you've been getting, and I admire your strength in maintaining your sobriety in spite of what you're going through. Early sobriety is difficult enough without losing loved ones. Your post took me back to last year when my marriage fell apart, I gave away my home, and I gave up seeing my children every day. I prayed to God to restore these things in my life, and was pissed and depressed when he didn't answer my prayers.

What I learned was that God always answers our prayers, and usually his answer is "let me show you something better". It was hard for me to have faith at first, but now I have a life that's better than anything I could've dreamed of, and it just gets better every day.

Hang in there, have faith and trust whenever possible, and try to live life one day at a time. "More will be revealed".