Notices

Hands Across Time Zones Part 5

Old 04-06-2007, 08:35 AM
  # 341 (permalink)  
Old & Sober Member of AA

Before things get too hectic... ...may the Easter Bunny satisfy all of your "needs" (and maybe a couple of your "wants"). Enjoy the day!
Old 04-06-2007, 10:14 AM
  # 342 (permalink)  

(((HATZers)))
Old 04-07-2007, 06:27 AM
  # 343 (permalink)  

Happy Easter to everyone that shows up this weekend........

I got it rae .......long ago and didn't want to say anything...............you are a good person and .....OK.....I am having a hard time......But over all the stress of all that has gotten to me now and my insides are not having fun......................Hoping to have a good Easter anyway..........

jane.......I am still hanging in there no matter what....Life goes on a little at a time in my little life with others doing what they want...............I just put up with it........What a pitty...............I could think of better things to do................The Nuns taught me better......and God just wraps me with all the Hugs I need to get through each day........Went to the second hand story yesturday and found an old fashioned bear that needed a home......funny thing about this bear....it is from Quebec Canada Where my Mom is from....and her family.,.................Have a Happy Easter.................

Little Penguin
Old 04-08-2007, 09:55 AM
  # 344 (permalink)  
Old & Sober Member of AA

Just came from dinner...lamb, sweet potato, and asparagus. I think I'm already getting sick and tired of the institution fare...but, at least Niece Anna keeps me supplied with some home cooking! Thank goodness they live so close.

Hope you and yours have a wonderful day.
Old 04-09-2007, 09:12 AM
  # 345 (permalink)  

Good morning, all--

I hope your Easter weekend was good, HATZers near and far.

Hang in there, Penguin & Rae.

Our Easter was weird---not very "Eastery". My daughter fell skating on Saturday and knocked out one of her permanent teeth. Poor thing was so brave--had the presence of mind to snatch the tooth up off the floor while bleeding all over the place, so the dentist stuck it back in the hole and cemented it to the teeth on either side. She also needed stitches, as she cut her lip/face. So she's home from school today, face swollen and looking just awful--she's having a tough time eating anything, so is basically on a liquid diet for now.

On Sunday, none of us had the heart to do the whole Easter thing--but we tried to keep in mind the reason for the holiday anyway. Since their sister couldn't eat her Easter candy, the boys were sweet and wouldn't eat any of theirs in front of her, and nobody wanted to do the big Easter dinner or anything. To top it off, it SNOWED off and on all day! DH sang "I'm dreaming of a white Easter..." to the tune of White Christmas....

It was so sweet--the evening after the accident, DD had so many phone calls from the other girls who were with her at the skating rink, and one girl even brought a gift by the house. They are a wonderful bunch of 12-year-olds.

So here's to a new week....take care, everyone!

xo
Jane
Old 04-10-2007, 06:07 AM
  # 346 (permalink)  

Hi everyone.....tried to post a few minutes ago and got shut out....................that isn't fair................

I am not going to be patient today .........

I had a tough time on Easter do to the impatient neighbor that invited my daughter over for an egg hunt......he got a call from family that was to be over as well......as they hand not left home yet ...................Neighbor told them not to come and just stay home......that wasn't nice and puts a damper on the kids that were looking forward to their fun..................

I felt rushed and pushed out this neighbors door after my little one and another kid had fun..................too bad some people are that way....................

I had a rough day at the end when our new one year old dog took off and didn't listen to me when I ran after him calling to come back..............took me an hour of running to get him back and I was not happy.......but couldn't let the dog run all night with the mountain lions and bobcats around here...........so I kept going till I finally got the dog with the help of a couple ladies walking.....................

Patients learned and now stressed more than I was...........

Pray for me .................I need all the Hugs I can get for this week and more........................Little Penguin
Old 04-10-2007, 06:12 AM
  # 347 (permalink)  

Hi....jane.....

Hope your day is going better and your kid feeling up to doing more.................sorry you lost your tooth and got it put back........Hope your daughter is looking better........

Hope you had a good easter anyway.....................

We had some fun no matter what happened.........I had a Hot Tub date toward the end as my muscles were not happy after the new dog "Skeeter" took me for that long run.........I got to know my neighborhood woods real well and all the back trails with the wild animals.....................I love the wild ....but not when the sun goes down and I am alone with no cell phone to call and let others know I am ok..........and no jacket to stay warm...................................I am still recovering.....my body is still not happy yet............hard to walk...................................Little Penguin
Old 04-10-2007, 07:38 AM
  # 348 (permalink)  

Hi ....I'm back and looking to have a peaceful day....

Time to train a dog and get more action......so far so good....but a long way to go and more time needed.......the cat thinks this new dog thing is cramping her style and living space.......................she will get over it I know and have faith....................................Little Penguin
Old 04-10-2007, 08:29 AM
  # 349 (permalink)  

Whoa, Penguin! What an odyssey you had on Sunday--maybe you can spend some extra time in the hot tub today; I think you could use it!

Regarding the new dog, I have a couple of favorite books on the subject--maybe you could get hold of them, or I'd be happy to send one that I have out to you:
"Good Owners, Great Dogs" by Brian Kilcommons and Sarah Wilson
(Kilcommons also has a great website with helpful message board: http://www.familydoginc.com/index.html )
"Second-Hand Dog" or "The Chosen Puppy" by Carol Lea Benjamin

How are things for you today, Rae?

My daughter is home again, but doing better.
Old 04-11-2007, 08:35 AM
  # 350 (permalink)  

Good morning all.............

jane....thanks for the advise as I will take you up on the books.................can use anything right now............taking some time away from home with family.....we all need it and new dog going to board.......a couple days only..... Will miss the little one and find things I need at my mom's............sister left loads of stuff for little one and we will go through that as well................

Have a good day all and know that I am thinking of you in a special way...................

rae......I love you and miss talking........but you have your mind on so much else where you live...............have a good day..............challenge someone to a game of something......Wheel chair races are good......if you have the right person that wants to enjoy a good time.............
Little Penguin
Old 04-11-2007, 10:31 AM
  # 351 (permalink)  

Hi everyone--

Glad you're getting away for a couple days, Penguin.

Rae, are you okay? Haven't seen you around for a couple days.

My daughter is back in school today--her face is healing up nicely, but she's still limited to eating/drinking soft things. So I'll get the dogs out for a walk before the cruddy weather that's predicted arrives--there'll be plenty of time for housework after that.

Take care of yourselves today...
xo
jane
Old 04-12-2007, 08:07 AM
  # 352 (permalink)  

OK. Now I'm worried. Rae, what's up? Paula? Does anyone know if she's okay?

Penguin, the books are in the mail!
Old 04-13-2007, 08:11 AM
  # 353 (permalink)  
Old & Sober Member of AA

But, it's Friday the 13th!

I wasn't in either site yesterday...kept myself busy...and, it was a pretty good day. Until last night...something I ate for dinner didn't agree with me...went right through me . Oh, my! I seem to be OK today, thank goodness.

The weather here has been horrendous...that global warming thingee has everything topsy-turvy. I am soooo looking forward to some decent weather.
Old 04-13-2007, 09:44 AM
  # 354 (permalink)  

Glad you're OK, Rae (except for the bad food....).

I don't know if it's global warming or what, but I DO know I just want warmer weather to return! It's FREEEEEEEZZZZING today.

Later today will be Fun At The Dentist Time for my daughter. I hope things go well.
Old 04-16-2007, 02:26 AM
  # 355 (permalink)  
Grateful Member!

Hello All! I just wanted to let you know I am thinking of you guys and am finally done with the school show... phew! Open and close in one night and have lived to tell. We got rave reviews and are being asked to do it again... I won't think about it until I get back from vacation. If we take off today it will be a miracle... looks like all of Jersey is flooded. I call the airling now. If you don't hear from me I am on my way to the airport and I will talk to you all in May.

Hugs to all of you and I look forward to catching up.
Old 04-16-2007, 07:09 AM
  # 356 (permalink)  

Hi....I'm back from being gone for a couple days.............was good and now it is time to get my new dog from the boarding place.........We missed him .........it is time to get down to business and dog train......

Thanks jane for sending the books ........hope you told me how much I owe................want to help cover something....

Well .....off to get little one to school and get some stuff we need after being gone..................Pray for me as H. has been drinking more lately .......Not good and will have to pray that God distracks this person.....and I can feel better about self....................................Little Penguin
Old 04-16-2007, 10:13 AM
  # 357 (permalink)  
Old & Sober Member of AA

Got back from lunch a little while ago...pork chop and baked potato...I'm not a veggie eater.

Met a nice Irish lady at bingo the other night...Frances Dunne...we hit it off right away. When you find someone you can hold an intelligent conversation with, it's even better if you get along. She's in the wing I was in when I first came here...for pt patients who will be going home. She actually lives very near my niece, Anna.

Going to see if I can get a seat at the poker table at 3:00...if not, I may go to arts and crafts to see what silly little thing they'll be working on...you don't have to be very artsy or crafty, believe me.

Bingo tonight at 6:00...they do tend to have enough things for the residents to do...besides just laying in bed watching tv. BTW...saw a great movie on Saturday...one of the aides loaned me the dvd of The Departed, so I went and watched it on a big-screen tv in another wing. The flick's language was rough, and lot's of violence; but, the acting was good, and the story held your interest.
Old 04-16-2007, 10:18 AM
  # 358 (permalink)  
Old & Sober Member of AA

Glad to hear the show is over, and it went well, Paula. When I was Pres. of our PTA (many, many years ago), I wrote, directed, produced, and had a part in a fund-raising show...it got such a good reception, we "toured" to local schools in the spirit of good-neighborliness.

Hope you get away for your Birthday Trip...don't you just love our Jersey weather...most of the East Coast, really. My ark signature feels very appropriate.
Old 04-16-2007, 06:39 PM
  # 359 (permalink)  

Time for all good people to hit the sack.........getting that way here in my house soon............

I have to get back to my studies and not do the work next door anymore..............did more than I need at this point.......studies suffering and than isn't good........

with new dog ...need to spend time training him and do the job well........................nice to have him back home with us........took a few hours to settle him down ...but he is doing good and settled...........................

rae.....hope you win at something with all these friends you now have............good to have friends in a new place and blend in with all they are doing.................have a good evening..........

jane.......talk to you later as you haven't checked in today....

I am off to relax and see what I need to do about my studies..............not good to put off what I really enjoy..............................talk to you all tomarrow...................

Little Penguin
Old 04-17-2007, 06:17 AM
  # 360 (permalink)  

Good morning everyone .....the coffee is on for all those that need it.......................also have some french toast going and bacon......................

Today I am busy and trying to get things wrapped up next door......don't want to be over there much more.........I have my own house to work on along with my school work on line............................Time I do for me.......
Little Penguin