Notices

Any Moms Out There Keeping Sane While Not Using Part 7

Old 12-28-2006, 09:55 AM
  # 61 (permalink)  

Brynn that's tough. My mom left when I was 4 and my brother was 9 mos. We lived with my grandparents and my dad. Grandma always did everything for my brother. Never in his life has he had to be accountable. He's 40 now and it's always the same no matter what he does- Oh, that's just Scott. I hate that! He's married and has kids but the guy is clueless... Anything that goes wrong (which is often) is someone else's fault.

That doesn't mean your son will be like that, but you do have to make sure he is willing to be accountable for his actions and can take care of himself.

...my 2 cents.......

T
Old 12-28-2006, 09:58 AM
  # 62 (permalink)  
Sober and Free

I am more east bay. Driving to Napa (wine county) takes about 45 minutes.
Old 12-28-2006, 10:12 AM
  # 63 (permalink)  

i'm sorry i can't catch up today....wish i could but i have 6 people coming for dinner....i have to cook!!!!ahhhh!!!!
Old 12-28-2006, 10:17 AM
  # 64 (permalink)  

Is the fire dept on alert???????? xoxo
Old 12-28-2006, 10:25 AM
  # 65 (permalink)  

make them bring a dish.....even if it is from the fast food place....

hang in there..
Old 12-28-2006, 12:00 PM
  # 66 (permalink)  

Hang in there Ayla...hope you have time to chat tomorrow! We miss you!
Old 12-28-2006, 12:04 PM
  # 67 (permalink)  

Brynn-not an easy place for a mom to be but I agree with NYCGIRL...I think you know what you have to do and the hard part is actually doing it. Either that or set some serious boundaries with your son (rules, to do lists...whatever it takes) and then watch the movie "Failure to Launch"...not only is the star a Hottie.....but it is totally and completely about what you are going through. Seriously though, if you make it harder for him to stay by putting down some rules than he will probably find somewhere else to live and then he will be forced to grow up. A small part of you probably likes the fact that he is home....so check that as well! Just my two cents....
Jules
Old 12-28-2006, 12:24 PM
  # 68 (permalink)  

Hey Ruby- I got a red leather jacket to match my ruby red boots..... Way cute!
Old 12-28-2006, 12:27 PM
  # 69 (permalink)  

mommies, i have some very sad news to tell you all...

say a prayer for codi...she lost her babies...she miscarried on saturday and it was twins...she would like to tell you herself but her dog destroyed her computer and it will be a while before she has access...i talk to her all of the time so i'll keep her and you posted...but needless to say she is devastated...she lost so much blood she almost died...but she is home now and she is ok, physically...i'm so upset for her...this is terrible news...if you want her number, pm me and i will ask her if i can give it to you...i'll get back to you with that as soon as i can...might not be until later tonight because i'm so busy...i wish her computer had not broken...she'll need us more than ever...so sorry to have to be the bearer of bad news...poor codi...she was in the hospital for christmas...
Old 12-28-2006, 12:28 PM
  # 70 (permalink)  

wooot ---wooo..that was my cat call TamTam ..
Old 12-28-2006, 12:32 PM
  # 71 (permalink)  

Oh, Ayla that breaks my heart. I would call her- I had a miscarriage. Thank you for sharing that with us. I have her address and will send her a card.

Old 12-28-2006, 12:33 PM
  # 72 (permalink)  

Ayla, please tell Codi how very sorry i am for her loss, and i will keep her in my thoughts and prayers. I have no idea how she feels, but i can guess it would be a HUGE trigger to use.....i hope she makes it through this ordeal ok. Oh, and tell her i said "GALILEO"....she'll know what it means.

Thanks Ayla, she's lucky to have a friend like you.
Old 12-28-2006, 12:34 PM
  # 73 (permalink)  

thanks A---- send her my love please....that is horrible.
Old 12-28-2006, 12:35 PM
  # 74 (permalink)  

i've had two miscarriages...it is so awful....but no worries...she is still sober....she is a very strong woman...i'll be calling her tonight and reading these messages to her...
Old 12-28-2006, 12:39 PM
  # 75 (permalink)  

gotta run...but i'll keep you posted...
Old 12-28-2006, 12:48 PM
  # 76 (permalink)  

Please tell her our hands are out to her for a great big hug!
Old 12-28-2006, 01:59 PM
  # 77 (permalink)  

Oh, Codi. Ayla, please tell her I'm thinking of her, too, and if I were there I'd be hugging her like there's no tomorrow. I'm so sorry. Thank you for telling us, Ayla---you are priceless.
Old 12-28-2006, 03:21 PM
  # 78 (permalink)  

ditto on all the above. what a sad thing to happen and at such an already stressful time of year. please let her know that i am holding her up in prayer. i feel like i should be sending her meals and offering to babysit--what can i do?
Old 12-28-2006, 03:39 PM
  # 79 (permalink)  

Thanks everyone for advice about my son...and yes I think I do know the answers ..just gotta do it and I will, had a brainstorm today about it!

But what is going on with Codi is sooo unfortunate! Ayla, I have had two also in case you didn't read that part...Omg, what she must be going through. Please tell her she will be in my prayers too. Like I said it was the hardest thing I've ever had to deal with bar none! Twins? God she has got to be so miserable..unbearable. I had to go in ambuance (lost too much also, they had to pick me up from floor, then got fired from job cause I didn't remember to lock the doors! Like that was on my mind. please let me know if she wants to talk too. I'll call or she can call me.I'm sure she gets alot of strength from you. Nothig anyone can say to make it better...just lots of prayers! I just keep in mind that momma is taking care of my babies up there! I wish I could send a card or something...let her know how hard we are praying. I would be willing to chip in and maybe help her get her computer repaired or whatever. I don't have much, but I'll do what I can to help. Man, that sucks! please keep us posted as you can...........much love to all of you!
Old 12-28-2006, 05:11 PM
  # 80 (permalink)  

((((codi))))

I know there are no words, from the bottom of my heart I send strength to you.

My prayers and thoughts are with you