Notices

help

Old 12-22-2006, 10:11 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Question New and so empty

I have several questions. I was 3 days into a cold turkey withdrawl from vicodin, codine, soma. I got really sick and had to be hospitalized. Ended up having my gall bladder removed. So obviously they pumped me full of every narcotic and such for pain. I never took any vicodin. It now feels like the withdrawl symptoms again. Is that possible? Even though it wasnt the same meds? PLease tell me I am not back at square one!!!!!!
So what I have done is try to take the vicodins....one every 4-8 hours to minimze the feelings. Should I just continue to slowly taper down to avoid the full blown thing again? How slow a taper?...how long........if anyone can help it would be great. Its 2 days before christmas and I havent been shopping, my husband wants a divorce(not because of this).......please help......
Old 12-22-2006, 10:22 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hi PinkEle - and welcome!

Hang on here and people will come and respond to you. SR is a fantastic place. I found it a couple of weeks ago. I am on day 16 of my recovery. I couldn't have done it without the wonderful encouragement I have had from members on this board.

My son came to me last week and admitted he was addicted to Oxycontin. After 24 hours of going "cold turkey" he was in so much pain that I took him to the Dr. who put him on a taper down program. There was no way without the Dr.'s help we would have known exactly how to taper down for him. Would it be possible for you to contact your Dr., let him know what you are going through and have a medical taper down program developed for you?

Please keep coming back here and sharing. Like I said, I know others will be here shortly.

Take care of yourself.

mtnmagic
Old 12-22-2006, 10:29 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hi PinkEle!

Welcome! I responded to your post in your other thread. Hang on! Sometimes it takes a little while to get a response. You definitely are in the right place.

I look forward to getting to know you better.

mtnmagic
Old 12-22-2006, 10:47 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

i don't know for sure if you are having withdrawals from the other pain meds...but there is nothing wrong with taking meds for pain when you need them....

as for your taper...i think to be sure you should talk to a doctor...and do it only if you think you can handle a taper...and not go back to full blown using...i, too am addicted to vicoden, so i know how you feel...and i truly wish you the best...i'm so sorry about your marriage...this could not be a worse time of year for all of this to happen to you...but you will make it through...trust me...and you will be stronger because of it...

i hope things look up for you in the next couple of days and you find some sort of peace for the holidays...pm me if you need anything...i'm always happy to listen...

ayla
Old 12-22-2006, 10:47 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

HI and welcome to SR. I can't answer any of your questions other than to say please please discuss this with your doctor.

Peace, Levi
Old 12-22-2006, 11:20 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome!

You really need to talk openly with your dr to find out the information you need.
Old 12-22-2006, 11:34 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
not a greeter

I agree that a consult with your doctor would be the best thing to do regarding your medical questions.

About the shopping... I would just do as much or little as you can handle right now and try not to worry about it. Take care of yourself first .