Notices

Struggling again

Old 12-21-2006, 03:31 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Raised from the Dead

Struggling again

well im right where i was a week ago. struggling. i feel like im losing gratitude and very worried about xmas. 3 days off, money in my pocket, and lonely. this is all my own doing. while i make meetings everyday and have actively worked with a sponser this entire time....i took my will back and got involved with a personal relationship for 4 months. that ended a couple months back when i moved out of my recovery house and the past 3 weeks ive had this little emotionally relationship with somebody else. the first one didnt really hurt at all (i guess i wasnt in love) but this second one has just crushed me for some reason. i put expectations on it and ive been let down. i have decicded not to pick up her calls anymore or attend the meeting we go to together. i am half-measuring the program and its availing me nothing (what a suprise). feelings of hopelessness. i realize that only God can save me. my options are go to church 3 blocks away tonight at 7pm or go to a meeting 3 blocks away at 7:30. ive never been to church before but im really looking to tap into God right now. i want to give all my problems to God again because i cant deal with the pain anymore.
Old 12-21-2006, 04:22 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

I am sorry that you are struggling Chicago.

It sounds like you've had a setback with losing this new relationship and it's hard to deal with things like that. It helps me if I remember that everything happens for a reason, and that people come into my life for a reason, and they may leave my life for a reason too. It hurts to hold onto something that is no longer there and moving on is hard, but it's what you need to do. If you are worried about Christmas and having time off and money, make a plan to avoid situations that will cause you problems.

You can get through this Chicago!
Old 12-21-2006, 05:08 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Sorry to hear your struggling Chicago. I've struggled with loneliness my entire life and it is very hard. I can only say that by getting out of yourself and going to church and/or a meeting is a good thing b/c that will take the edge off being alone.

Peace, Levi