Notices

Overcoming the addiction of Oxycontins

Old 12-19-2006, 08:49 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Question Overcoming the addiction of Oxycontins

For a year now i have been taking oxycontins 80mg to relieve stress...not realyzing how addicting the narcotic really is...The sad thing about this is in november of 05' when i started i started with a good friend if mine who injected the drug into their body ...he told me i would like the high...he had asthma. A week later that friend of mine died by complications of the asthma and injecting oxy contins.and i still had the addiction and couldnt quit. A year later i went to north dakota trying to quit cold turkey ....not realizing how much pain i was in when i was there i ended up flying back to ny to be with family and ended up telling my family my problem. I was admitted in to ER and from there i was encouraged to take a counceling program.
Old 12-19-2006, 09:04 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

hi daisydanielle,

yes you can overcome oxy addiction and i'm very sorry for the loss of your friend. i'm a recovering addict and i am being treated with oxy presently for pain from recent surgery, and herniated discs in my neck. i take significantly less of a dose than you do (20mgs a day), but i'm seeing a pain mgmt doctor to help get me off the meds so i wont feel the withdrawl.

have you already detox'd from the meds? if so, will your family support you in going to a drug treament center? also, aa and na meetings will offer you a lot of support. in my situation i couldnt have quit any of the drugs without support, and went to treatment and na meetings to stay clean.

there is a lot of good support here, its good that you posted, keep it up.
xo
heart
Old 12-19-2006, 09:17 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

hello

hello...yes i am going through with drawals now...the doctor is going try and put me on a syboxin to get over my cravings. did you used to have an oxy problem before you started taking them from your ruptured discs?
thanks for the reply
danielle
Old 12-19-2006, 09:50 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

yes, i had a problem with opiate and benzo pills along with a plethora of other drugs. basically whatever made me feel good, i used it till i found something better. then everything went downhill and i got clean.

i've gone thru opiate withdrawl, and know how painful it is. i was never treated with suboxone so i dont have any experience with it, but i know a lot of people that post here do have experience with it, and will answer any questions you have about it.

xo
heart
Old 12-20-2006, 05:38 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

you're in the right place, danielle, and heart is awesome
keep posting
misti
Old 12-20-2006, 01:56 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Danielle, I am on Suboxone, I have been since May after detoxing from methadone. I have had back surgeries so there is chronic pain. I have no cravings, I take my suboxone daily as per my doctors orders attend group, meetings, and read and post here daily it has helped me tremendously, and for that I am truely grateful.

There are others who care if only we reach out.
Old 12-20-2006, 06:41 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Raised from the Dead

people can absolutely recover from oxy use. i quit a 6 year heroin, oxy, and benzo habit cold turkey. it was pain and suffering and i remember it every day. its been nearly 11 months for me now. God can do anything if a person has enough faith and willingness.