Any Moms Out There Keeping Sane While Not Using Part 6

Old 12-19-2006, 04:23 PM
  # 41 (permalink)  

i echo that
FLUSH THEM
keep posting
Old 12-19-2006, 04:30 PM
  # 42 (permalink)  

I hate being a slave to this...my addiction. Its horrible! I just wish I was normal, that I could see a prescription and not act like I found the holy grail! It plays such tricks with my head! Here I was, already having a crappy day, and then this....like the answer is in front of my face!!

Its not that I even want to take them, I know the pain and suffering I've gone through...its not worth anything to go back to that..Its just so hard knowing I'll be like this forever...knowing 1 pill could take me back to the Hell I was living, the slave I was. I don't want that. But its just sooo hard.

I will flush them....
Old 12-19-2006, 04:34 PM
  # 43 (permalink)  

codi i agree flush them, they are torturing you -the evil little things-- KILL THEM!!!
Old 12-19-2006, 04:44 PM
  # 44 (permalink)  

didja get rid of them?
Old 12-19-2006, 04:46 PM
  # 45 (permalink)  

Okay...they're LONG GONE!!!! Another pill bites the dust!!!!!!!!

Ahhhhhhhh! I won't say it wasn't hard! Thank God I'm preggo, truthfully, if not....I don't know.

I wish I could deal with life on life's terms like everyone else....Misti, you really should be proud of yourself, because I know I'm not that strong, If I had to go through everything you did, I probably would've caved. Just being honest. I'm really depressed. Just feeling sorry for myself and SICK TO DEATH of being an addict!!!
Old 12-19-2006, 04:49 PM
  # 46 (permalink)  

Good for you Codi! be strong -and proud of yourself.
you will feel so good about this later.

ok so i checked in b4 while cooking dinner and then had to hang on - you are awsome for flushing the evil buggers! gotta run i am burning everything.
Old 12-19-2006, 05:13 PM
  # 47 (permalink)  

no, you would have made it, too. you have just as much determination as i do.
remember the bad day i had last week? i didn't say anything cause i was in such a funk, but probably the trigger for all that was a "refill reminder" i got via e mail....30 days since my last vicodin fill.
that was a hell of a day
mis
Old 12-19-2006, 05:36 PM
  # 48 (permalink)  

I wish this day would just end. My kids are being brats, my sister just called to ask me for my address. If anyone remembers, all my sisters hate me, she just wanted to send the boys something...I was as nice as I could be (kill em with kindness ya know?) But she's still a b****. I'm sooo tired of being upset about it (as I sit here bawling). I wish they could just see how I'm trying and how hard it is....I hate my life today!! I know I'm being ungrateful, but I feel so bad right now. Come on tomorrow!!!!!!!!!
Old 12-19-2006, 05:37 PM
  # 49 (permalink)  

post three things that you are grateful for
put the kids to bed early, take a bath and hit the sack
the day is almost over, just hang on
Old 12-19-2006, 05:40 PM
  # 50 (permalink)  

codi...i'm so freaking proud of you girl...i had to take a pill today, and trust me you would just feel like crap...i feel sick and cranky...but my head was going to explode...and nothing else works...trust me i've tried it all...beezy...do you have any ideas? i know you know medicines...anything that works well for tension and really nasty sinus headaches....it feels like my head...well i can't even describe it...it's misery..

you all are so fantastic...isn't it cool to know how many lives we've helped just by being here and posting and supporting each other? think of it...if we just count all of us...at least 20 women with families of four or 5...all of our lives have been changed because of this little group of women...then there are the other people who read us every day...there is always at least one guest reading when i'm on here...who knows how many people we've given hope to? it makes me feel good that something very good is coming out of our addictions...it makes me feel so proud to be a part of this....you would think that we would drift apart after a while...but look at us..closer every day...i guess i'm feeling sentimental, but i love you all!!!

btw...where the heck is alissa??? and liss...i hope you are ok...alissa...please post, i miss you...

and to all of our old friends...who have drifted away...come back anytime...we're here if you need us....i miss you all...nyc...fred...bungarra...sarahjo...krys....i have not forgotten you all...

ok...i'm done being sappy...

ayla
Old 12-19-2006, 05:46 PM
  # 51 (permalink)  

ayla, have you tried any of the meds with butabital, caffeine and tylenol/aspirin?
dolgic, esgic, fiorinal?
they have a bit of barb in them, but not much, and are prescribed for tension headaches
Old 12-19-2006, 06:05 PM
  # 52 (permalink)  

no...i don't think i have...i know i've tried many things...otc and prescribed...mostly migraine and things like percocet and darvocet, tylenol 3...imitrex, axert...and i don't know what else...i've had these things for a long time....
Old 12-19-2006, 06:24 PM
  # 53 (permalink)  

see about what i mentioned. they are specifically designed for tension headaches.
you might go to askapatient.com to see comments....i don't have time tonite or i would collect some info for you. remind me tomorrow and i will
i hope you feel better
misti
Old 12-19-2006, 07:05 PM
  # 54 (permalink)  

(((Codi))) : I am proud of you. Are you going to ask him about the stash you found?

I finally passed out all of my senior presents. I distributed gifts to over 300 senior citizens who wouldn't have a christmas otherwise. Thanks to great community support. It is a huge project- I'm glad it's done.. except for the wrap-up stuff after the new year.

This cold sucks. My head feels like it's going to explode!! I have an Ayla headache! My son's 5th grade band christmas concert helped a lot... NOT!

Jane, no food is safe around my mouth these days!!! I don't even savor the taste- I just inhale...

I hope Ruby is enjoying her evening with her girls.

Hi, Scoot!!!!!!!
Old 12-19-2006, 07:14 PM
  # 55 (permalink)  

I hope I didn't insult anyone

I hope I didn't insult anyone with the title of my thread, I just can't seem to keep up with you guys. I'm going to try over Christmas break.

Though you might like some love (I hope I don't get in trouble for posting it twice It's in the cafe too!)

this came to me as an email

Subject: Happy Holidays

Shipmates:
You've all done a magnificent job both on & off the job, often working through both personal & professional adversity. BZ!
Take care of each other & your troops. We wish the very best to all of you in the New Year...you've certainly earned it.
Forwarded with my sincere respect for you, your crews & staff...Merry Christmas & Happy New year!

A new look at Corinthians below for your consideration:

If I decorate my house perfectly with plaid bows, strands of twinkling
lights and shiny balls, but do not show love to my family, I'm just
another decorator.

If I slave away in the kitchen, baking dozens of Christmas cookies, preparing gourmet meals and arranging a beautifully adorned table at
mealtime, but do not show love to my family, I'm just another cook.

If I work at the soup kitchen, carol in the nursing home and give all
that I have to charity, but do not show love to my family, it profits me nothing.

If I trim the spruce with shimmering angels and crocheted snowflakes,
attend a myriad of holiday parties and sing in the choir's cantata but
do not focus on the family, I have missed the point.

Love stops the cooking to hug the child.

Love sets aside the decorating to kiss the spouse.

Love is kind, though harried and tired.

Love doesn't envy another's home that has coordinated Christmas china and table linens.

Love doesn't yell at the kids to get out of the way.

Love doesn't give only to those who are able to give in return but
rejoices in giving to those who can't.

Love bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures
all things.

Love never fails. Video games will break, pearl necklaces will be lost,
golf clubs will rust.

But giving the gift of LOVE will endure.

May you have a blessed & peaceful Christmas & Holiday season.....and a well deserved prosperous New year!

Rear Admiral Tim Sullivan
Commander First Coast Guard District
Old 12-19-2006, 07:15 PM
  # 56 (permalink)  

Brickle- Even Ayla can make it!

This is so yummy and easy to make. Sounds funky, but trust me.

Brickle Preheat oven to 400

Use a cookie sheet with sides or a baking dish (9x13)- line with foil and spray w/Pam (or whatever)

Cover bottom of pan with saltine crackers (don't overlap)

Melt 2 sticks of butter with 1 Cup sugar. Stir, heat till thick and boiling. Pour over crackers bake 6-8 minutes.

Remove after 6-8 minutes and top with a 12oz bag of chocolate chips. I let it sit for a couple of minutes so they can melt- then spread the chocolate. Put in freezer. Break into pieces.

Nobody will believe you used saltines! They are always a hit!!

xoxo T
Old 12-19-2006, 07:20 PM
  # 57 (permalink)  

Hi NYC- I'm sure nobody here was insulted. Thanks for passing that on- it's a good reminder.

Have you read The Christmas Box? It has the same type of message. It's a good book.

How are you doing?
Old 12-19-2006, 07:29 PM
  # 58 (permalink)  

Thanks for asking, you guys all helped lift my spirits yesterday, I had a great day today got a bunch of stuff done. I am still strugling with my last papar it due tomorrow but I just can't seem ot get it together. Guess it gonna be late.

maybe I shouldn't be typing here, oh well.

All work and no play makes barb a dull girl.

I actual relized I am having one of the best Christans seasons ever.nI havn't once yelled I hate Christmas, my kids 9 & 11 are more exited than ever I thing because I'm not drunk.

Anyway gotta go I gotta get this paper done

It's kinda scary sometimes but this place is great!
Old 12-19-2006, 07:45 PM
  # 59 (permalink)  

Glad you found us, and glad our antics helped raise your spirits. We seem to go from puke to gray pubic hairs to serious recovery support in a flash! It's a great place to be.

I love all my mommies!!!!!!!!!
Old 12-19-2006, 07:49 PM
  # 60 (permalink)  

Good night everyone- sweet dreams! Sleep well.

xoxo T