Notices

Any Moms Out There Keeping Sane While Not Using Part 6

Old 12-19-2006, 10:52 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Reach Out and Touch Faith

No kids here, but I get so much day-to-day strength from reading your thread. I just wanted to let you all know that It reminds me that yes, in recovery, we can get our lives back and on track.

Take care!
Old 12-19-2006, 10:54 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

thank you so much, alera...you don't know how much it means to us that we help people without even knowing it...we're up to our necks in poop and spit up (eeewww) and laundry(yuck)..and just trying to make it through the day...and we could not do that without each other...post here anytime if you need anything....we'll be here if you need us...
Old 12-19-2006, 11:13 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Ayla, thanks for checking in! Sorry about your headache! Maybe you're just getting them all out of the way before the big holiday weekend.

Alera thanks to you, too!

I am so excited I can barely contain myself, y'all! She will be on the ground in less than an hour!!! Got her favorite meal ready to go...the house cleaned, her room just as she left it. I feel like I'm getting the best Christmas present early....
Old 12-19-2006, 11:43 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

OMGOMG
baby crying but just wanted to post....the school brought over the kids stuff...there's a TURKEY, paper towels, DIAPERS.....then, like FOUR or FIVE presents for each kid
this is amazing
mis
Old 12-19-2006, 11:47 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

I am cleaning too....family will be here this weekend...and we will be leaving thursday for a day or two.

well I need to get back to it.

Hope everyone is doing okay...sounds like we are all busy and gearing up for the holiday.

~Beezy
Old 12-19-2006, 11:51 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

misty that's so awesome about the school.

ruby I can feel the happiness coming through your posts. I hope you're able to enjoy every minute with your daughter.

I can't believe I only have 2 days left to get everything done. Why do I keep checking in here then???

Alera, I'm glad that this thread is helping others. Who knows how many other moms who haven't joined us yet are reading and getting better each day. We're not a closed society either. You can post here whenever you want and we'll wrap our arms around you just the same.
Old 12-19-2006, 12:04 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Hi, all-

Ayla we have missed you. Sounds like everyone is on the run.

Misti that is so awesome!!! See, there are some good people left in the world.

Hi to everyone else- gotta go.

xoxo T
Old 12-19-2006, 12:06 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by c'est la vie View Post
Why do I keep checking in here then???

Because....... we need each other!!!!! Same reason I keep doing it. Visiting you all is my favorite time of the day.. should say are my favorite timeS of the day!!!!
Old 12-19-2006, 12:11 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Misti...how awesome, sweetie! Give those babies lots of kisses along with the presents. They are the most precious gift of all.....
Old 12-19-2006, 12:11 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  

so true for me too... I may only have a second but I spend it here checking in...
Old 12-19-2006, 12:27 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  

OH WOW, just keeps getting better
it is raining here, and supposed to pour all day tomorrow...her teacher just called, one of miki's friends' moms is bringing her home and taking her tomorrow
how do you ever, ever repay stuff like this?
Old 12-19-2006, 12:30 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  

HOW COULD I FORGET????
they also gave us a 50.00 target gift card
this school, a PUBLIC one, is absolutely incredible

ok, i'll quit hijacking the thread now
Old 12-19-2006, 01:19 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  

((Misti))--See, things can work out!! I am soooooo happy for you and your kids!!!! You definately deserve a break!! What absolute angelic people...I think the mommies at Jane's school could learn a good lesson from them!!

Ruby...I hope at this minute you are hugging your baby!!!!!!!!!

Ay..sorry about your headache!! I think its the time of year...better find out whats causing them....I need you to be prepared when I dump this new baby on you! (sorry...Jaik came home from school..sick, yea right, and him and Eli are busy shoving action figures down the toilet..new baby..what was I thinking????)

Ok, I feel like a drink...and I was never a drinker, but the stress in this house needs to decrease, or mommy needs to leave for a few hours because I've just about had it! I'm not usually a screamer either...but I'm ashamed that I SCREAMED (bloody murder screamed) after Eli SPIT in my face, and Jaik gave Eli a bloody lip, and they got the tape and taped up everything, even the dog....Eli just put money down the disposal....I really really really need a vacation!!!
Old 12-19-2006, 02:23 PM
  # 34 (permalink)  

Holy Cow I missed a LOT today. Well, just had a min before dinner and thought I'd say Hiiiiii. Hope all of you who are stressed get un-stressed. Just grab some brownies and hop into a bubble bath. And those of you who are feeling great keep it up! I'm actaully having a really good day today.

HUGS TO ALL ! ! !
Old 12-19-2006, 02:34 PM
  # 35 (permalink)  

man, what am i doing right today?
boss just called...one check is ready and i can pick up tomorrow....it's only a few hours...my detox/thanksgiving check, but it will pay about half my rent.
then, supposedly i'll get the next one friday
we all know how that goes, but it will hold off my landlord for awhile longer and finish the christmas shopping
wow
Old 12-19-2006, 02:54 PM
  # 36 (permalink)  

Awww, Misti! I'm so happy for you today--I'm actually sitting here crying!
how do you ever, ever repay stuff like this?
I'll bet your gratitude is all the thanks anyone would want.
Old 12-19-2006, 03:01 PM
  # 37 (permalink)  

Originally posted by RebelNymph:
Just grab some brownies and hop into a bubble bath.
GOOD IDEA! *getting out the brownie mix*

Would you believe I ate 3 chocolate chip cookies for breakfast yesterday? I know, "the breakfast of champions", huh?

Thank God the kids didn't see me do that or I'd have been in big trouble....the mean mom who insists they eat veggies--I can just hear them now!

I swear I'm going to gain about 10 pounds just this week--I keep wanting to drink, but stuff my face with every munchie under the sun instead. Stress really does cause cravings. (DUH)

Welp, better get on those brownies.....

Love you all,
Jane
Old 12-19-2006, 04:08 PM
  # 38 (permalink)  

Everyone must be off cooking supper......

breathe--post--

I am actually eating a can of sweetened condensed milk right now. Better than drinking, right?

Hmmmm, maybe it's a weird pre-menopause craving??? Is there any such thing?

See y'all later...
xo
jane
Old 12-19-2006, 04:19 PM
  # 39 (permalink)  

Ugh--its not like I want to bad mouth DH, but.........I was just trying to find a paper for our income tax in the filing cabinet, and I found a bag with 30 (yes I counted) 7.5 vic's. I know he hasn't taken out any money lately, because I checked the bank today....I'm now sitting here wondering if he's still using, or he forgot about them (unlike me, he's actually hid them and forgot before...I know, because I took them, and he never said a thing...)

The really bad thing is that I WANT TO TAKE SOME!!!!!!!!!! I know I can't, but it pisses me off so bad! If he's lying and still using I don't know what I'm gonna do. The weird thing is he takes drug screens at his therapists every week, as a condition of our continuing therapy, and he's been clean for three weeks. The addict in me is going crazy...my boys have driven me nuts today, and I'm sitting here thinking of excuses, rationalizing it. 2 won't hurt me. I won't do it...but it stinks that they are right here in front of my face...CALLING ME!!!!!! Help please.....I don't know what to do! I'm really scared right now.
Old 12-19-2006, 04:21 PM
  # 40 (permalink)  

FLUSH THEM....RIGHT NOW....

please either way...you need to flush them...