Notices

I'm new to this site

Old 12-18-2006, 03:51 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
lyndamk

Red face I'm new to this site

Hi there I am totally new to this site could some please tell me where do I start? Could someone also please tell me where this site is coming from? I mean what area this is covering eg: Regina, Moosejaw, Sask., hopefully Canada?? lol I'm not sure I'm in the right site at all. Help Please
Repectfully yours,
Matinee6
Old 12-18-2006, 04:36 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
NAIOU

I could not tell you who owns this site. I could own it but the server could be in Japan. If you are looking for answers to problems concerning drugs and alcohol you are in the right place. There are people from all over the world here. There are some really good people here willing to listen to whatever you have to say. Sober Recovery is Worldwide. I think you might be in the right place. If I can do anything to help please let me know.
Old 12-18-2006, 04:57 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Midas

Welcome Aboard, Matinee6! Like LoGo says, if you're here for recovery, you've come to the right place.

The server is located somewhere in the Eastern USA, but I don't know it's exact geographic position.

Old 12-18-2006, 05:00 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi Matinee,

Welcome and I am glad you found us. You're starting in the right place in the Newcomers forum, but feel free to post anywhere that you think would be helpful to you. There is lots of support and information here, so keep reading and posting.
Old 12-18-2006, 06:23 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Welcome to SoberRecovery. We have members from all around the world.
Old 12-19-2006, 02:19 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Old & Sober Member of AA

Hi, from New Jersey! Wherever this site originates, it is helpful to alcoholics/addicts all over the U.S., Canada, and all points beyond...although I don't think I've ever seen anyone from South America, maybe because of the language differences.

Anyway, since the "diseases" are definitely equal-opportunity...I'm sure you'll find support and encouragement for any questions/problems with which you may be confronted. You've found a good place if you're looking for help getting clean and sober.
Old 12-21-2006, 02:03 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Trying to do the right thing.

Hello Honey Welcome to SR....

Much Hope n Love to be found here ...

and start were you like Darlin...
Old 12-21-2006, 10:54 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
On a tear

Adding my welcome... coming to you from the Pacific Northwest (which is Southwest to you, I think? ...grin). I love the international flavor of this site... there is even a thread around somewhere called "across time zones" - so those "up at night" (or in the day, according to THEIR clocks) can converse.

Welcome to Sober Recovery (SR)!!