SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   To Say Hi (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/110623-say-hi.html)

RebelNymph 12-17-2006 03:45 PM

To Say Hi

Hi. I'm Heather. I just turned 25 on Dec 4th. I'm married, 1 3.5 y/o son. Today is day 6 for me w/o a drink. I am sooo freaking bored. I got trashed last Sunday and confessed to my HB I had a problem after he asked "Have you been drinking?". I just started balling. I showed him the bottles & bottles (empty of course) of Blue Label Smirnoff hidden in my dressor. (I hadn't had a chance to ditch them yet.) He was very supportive. I had confessed I drank a lot a few months before and they thought I was doing ok (hence the hidden bottles)...But now he's really watching me, which unfortunately I need. Since I can't watch myself.

Monday was rough. I was nauseous, trembling, weak all over. All I wanted was a drink bc I knew it would take that feeling away. HB let me have a beer and a few shots to help. Tues I felt better but was dog tired. It was pretty much the same the rest of the week. HB had to work yesterday (Sat.) and I was terrified to be alone. It was just me and my son. I did it though. Then today I've been a complete basket case. Mood swings like a pregnant woman.

Anyways...just thought I'd pop in and say HI. I have a feeling I'll be spending some time on here.

-Heather

mikiglen 12-17-2006 03:52 PM

i hope you do spend some time here, and keep posting as well :)
great job on six days....you made it through the rough part, now just keep it up.
more people will be by here soon, they're an amazingly supportive bunch
glad to see you
misti

Smyle 12-17-2006 04:00 PM

hang in there Heather....it is rough but you can do it....

6 days is great .....

I'mready99 12-17-2006 04:17 PM

Congrats on your 6 days Heather...

I know its not easy, but just think of the benefits. Your 3 1/2 year old son should be a main reason...

Hang tough, it will get better. Good luck...

Stay strong and positive...

One day at a time.

Steve

:)

CarolD 12-17-2006 05:11 PM

Welcome back to SR!

Good for you!

GlassPrisoner 12-17-2006 05:41 PM

Keep up the good work !

Everything you described is normal. Even hiding bottles :) (My Ex-wife and I used to play hide and seek. I'd hide them, she'd try and find them.....)

Nausea, mood swings, shakes, anxiety, weakness, all par for the course.

You might want to see a Doctor. If you're having a bad de-tox, you're BP will go way up.

Time2Surrender 12-17-2006 05:50 PM

Congrats on day 6. :)

Anna 12-17-2006 06:42 PM

Welcome Rebel,

I'm glad you joined us.

scootinbabe 12-17-2006 08:24 PM

welcome! this place has been a big help to me since i decided to quit. lots of wise and wonderful people here. best of luck to you and keep coming back.

there's a bunch of us with small kids on these boards too.