Notices

Day 13 - Little Cranky & Tired, But Overall...Pretty Okay!

Old 12-16-2006, 12:38 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 13 - Little Cranky & Tired, But Overall...Pretty Okay!

Day 13

Mood: Marginally cranky, easily irritated but generally pretty ok.

So Far Today: I am at work at the moment, it's Saturday and I'm sitting a very quiet office, sort of trying to work...not really being particularly productive.

Sober Thoughts: I can already see my general mood and demeanor evening out, less depression, less cravings...that's very good!

Drunk Thoughts: I am to tired to care all that much today, but I am pondering the upcoming New Years Eve, which for me (like many others) is an alcohol-free-for-all and I haven't quite figured out what do about that. I am nervous about slipping up, which would suck b/c I am dang proud of myself for getting through almost 2 whole weekends and by then will be 3 and that's HUGE for me! No reason to blow it, I have no intention of relapsing at all. But I am still feeling the anxiety, mostly b/c I know my friends are really going to be pestering me and Mr. Man is already nagging me about what we are going to do. I feel like telling him to go do whatever the hell he wants and I'll be happy to stay at home where I am safe AND sober. But it would be fun to celebrate, the trick is...how?

Other random thoughts....
Bowling at work yesterday afternoon was fun, I didn't top 100 but I did alright and I made 3 strikes YAY ME. I am really tired today. Neighbors next door went out and came in at 2:30 AM and the mayhem then ensued from there. They are good kids over all, and never turn up the music on the week nights cuz they know we work...but we've given them our blessing to go at it (remember what it was like to be 20 something with your first place?) and have some fun on the weekends...sadly, they didn't know I had to work today so they definately 'went at it' sigh.

Yawwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwn
Old 12-16-2006, 01:33 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi Sarah,

I'm not sure how you can celebrate and avoid alcohol on New Year's Eve, if you're used to partying at that time. Do you have any sober friends who you can hang out with? If it means staying at home on New Year's Eve in order to stay sober, that's not such a bad idea.
Old 12-16-2006, 06:49 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Hope3

Red face

Hi Sarah, congats on day 13. Yeahhhhhh. New years eve I plan to celebrate
my 27th day sober about 6 miles into the woods in a warming hut,
no alcohol there, but my sweetie will be there and my sober friends.
Good luck in your decision on how to celebrate new years. Can you
host a non alcoholic party at home, with fun games and fun food. You've
proven you can have fun without alcohol, how about Mr. Man. Does he understand how tempting it could be to you this early in your sobriety
to be around him and good friends while their drinking. What ever you
decide I am wishing you the best, Hope3.

Hmm, it's a tough one.
Old 12-16-2006, 07:26 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

congrats on day 13, I can relate to you because this will be the first time in many years I will try and celebrate the holiday's clean.