Notices

New & Scared!

Old 12-11-2006, 07:45 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
sobriety date-04/01/2007

hi everyone, its 3am here ad im on my 5th beer start work at six
i own a house a car i have 3 wonderful kids and a beautiful wife but still before the day is out i will have drank at least 24 beers also crying as i write this
ive had home detox before and i last about six months then bam and its always worse than before
i really wanna praise you all and i wanna try again but im scared my body feels like its gonna die on me
this site might help so ill keep reading but i guess xmas is a bad time to give up
i wish you all the best for xmas and a happy new year good luck
Old 12-11-2006, 08:06 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Midas

Welcome aboard, ne con! We're glad you're here. Xmas time is a tough time to quit. On the other hand, ANY time is a great time to quit!! Keep posting! You can do it.

Have you considered going to AA meetings? They can help. Detoxing at home can be dangerous though.

Old 12-11-2006, 08:10 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
sobriety date-04/01/2007

thx midas i just feel real crappy right now wish people would accept it as depression a little more but i know im not alone now maybe ill see if my wife will read i little of what you folks wrote?

anyhow heads up here comes another day

p.s sorry bout the spelling but im a little piddled just wish i was one of them people who bum thru life without a care
Old 12-11-2006, 08:13 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Midas

Hang in there! Maybe your wife will be supportive--that's a plus! Things are probably seeming like a seriously derailed trainwreck...that's normal. Getting sober, and staying sober, will help you get back on track.

Try to have a good day

Old 12-11-2006, 08:35 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

There is never a good time to quite drinking and it's always easy to find a reason to put it off.

What I am interested in is when you said you gave up alcohol for six months and bam then it was back. What did you do in those six months besides stopping drinking. The not drinking is only the beginning of the journey. You need to move forward in your life and make changes that you will support your sober life.

You can do this!
Old 12-11-2006, 08:37 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
sobriety date-04/01/2007

isnt the aa a bit erm i dunno i still have the feelin i dont need help but isnt it a bit goddy flip i dont know how to write this im not a church goer so i dont understand people know what its like when you have a good amount inside you and can fight the world

i just feel well thats the problem i dont feel

kk ive just read what i wrote and decided i need help in deciphering it lol im cheered up by this place already
Old 12-11-2006, 08:40 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
sobriety date-04/01/2007

thx anna what did i do well ive done home detox 3 times and each time we had wonderful holidays shopping trips i drove my kids all over and made sure they were safe its the fact that i appreciate being a better person when sober that makes me down i think you know like you need a rope throwing to you sometimes to pull you back up? i dunno i really dont
Old 12-11-2006, 08:43 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Hi and welcome! You don't have to be a church goer to go to AA. There are plenty of people there who are agnostic or atheist or who make their higher power something other than the God you are referring to. Some use nature, some use the group (GOD - group of drunks). The only requirement is a desire to stop drinking.

You can always check out some meetings (I've heard suggestions of at least 4 to get the real feel for the group). You can go and listen. You don't have to talk if you don't want to. You don't have to call yourself an alcoholic. You can just go and if they call on you to share you can just say you are there to listen.

Best of luck to you and I hope you'll hang out here with us and learn more about this disease.

Hugs,
Kellye
Old 12-12-2006, 03:23 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Hi and Welcome to SR!

Christmas is a great time to give you and your family an
awesome gift...
Sobriety!
Old 12-12-2006, 03:29 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Fall down 7 times get up 8 times !
Old 12-12-2006, 03:35 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Well put soldierbilly!
Old 12-12-2006, 03:47 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
ndgrace

With alcoholism, as you found, there is no such thing as controlled drinking. When we stop, and then start again, we are at the same place we were when we stopped. I quit for a couple years, and thought I was "cured"?????It only took one week for me to get back to the same pattern of drinking, plus some and start the misery all over again. AA welcomed me back with open arms, and I am taking the "program" much more seriously. There is not a drunk out there that can't relate to you! Staying sober for this drunk, required some changing from the inside out.
Old 12-12-2006, 11:07 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ne_con View Post
i think you know like you need a rope throwing to you sometimes to pull you back up?
That's exactly what I found in AA.
Old 12-12-2006, 01:21 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
6-string

You guys are great!

I posted on a reply (oops) but I am a newbie and my daughter is in treatment now for alcohol. You can read my post on the last new thread here... and I apologize for that mistake.
What I realized reading you all is how comforting and positive you are with each other. It's really nice to read that, I felt good just reading your posts.

Happy holidays to all of you, I have a feeling I am going to make some good friends here!
Old 12-13-2006, 07:39 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Old & Sober Member of AA

Response to 6string

Originally Posted by 6string View Post
I posted on a reply (oops) but I am a newbie and my daughter is in treatment now for alcohol. You can read my post on the last new thread here... and I apologize for that mistake.
What I realized reading you all is how comforting and positive you are with each other. It's really nice to read that, I felt good just reading your posts.

Happy holidays to all of you, I have a feeling I am going to make some good friends here!
I noticed you've made a few posts to threads started by others...so, unfortunately your comments got lost in the shuffle. This is not typical of Sober Recovery members; but, it can be an unintentional oversight.

I'm glad you've found the posts here "comforting and positive"...it truly describes the general atmosphere. There are other forums for Friends and Family of Alcoholics, too...and, you might want to check them out. But, feel free to post in this Newcomers forum...and let us know how you and your daughter are progressing. Perhaps you could start your own thread, so we can address our comments to your specific situation.

Good Luck. Oh, I'm interested in the origin of your user name, 6String.
Old 12-13-2006, 08:53 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

the hardest part is admitting you have a problem...and you have done that, you can make it...good luck..
Old 12-19-2006, 08:48 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  
sobriety date-04/01/2007

i'm scared don't want to upset you people so is it okay to post while i'm not "sober"? i guess i already did lol
Old 12-20-2006, 01:53 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

AA is how I stay sober.
Have you a plan for quitting?

Prayers and Hugs
Old 12-20-2006, 05:38 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  
6-string

Thanks Raerob... I did find the "friends and family" forum and have posted there, all the people here are really wonderful. You can see those posts over there. 6string... I'm a guitarist by night, tho I haven't been playing much the last couple of months.
Old 12-24-2006, 09:33 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  
Joi

I sincerely wish you an army of angels. I was a successful teacher and single mother of a perfect daughter, owned my own home and had an abundance of friends. All gone with the exception of my daughter who now lives with her father. After that is wasn't a question of "why drink?" It was, "why NOT drink?" I finally found a reason. She's all I have left albeit from a distance. I don't want her to bury her mother. The going up isn't worth the coming down. Godspeed!