Notices

Life is a joke and the laughs on me...

Old 12-08-2006, 07:57 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Smile Life is a joke and the laughs on me...

Hi all,
This is my first time posting and I am a bit nervous. Today is also my 5th day sober and I feel great actually. But, then again, today is Friday and the weekend is my biggest problem. I am so excited to actually have the prspect of REMEMBERING ny weekend. I am excited about waking up early and doing laundry and cleaning my apt. Since I am usually hungover, this is really big for me. I have some major repair work to do on my relationships with my girlfriends. THey are so mad and ashamed of me. THey always make smart comments about how they don't want to be babysitting me when we go out. We are no where as close as we used to be and they say it is because of my drinking. My love life is another disaster area. No man I have ever met has a problem with my drinking, and you can imagine why. So, I keep meeting the jerks and they keep buying me drinks, and the cycle continues. Well, I'm glad I found you guys and I think this is a great start. Finally, I can be myself and talk about my real feelings. Than you for listening.
Old 12-08-2006, 08:02 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

welcome to SR. We're here pretty much 24/7 so you can check in here all weekend. We're glad to have you here.
Old 12-08-2006, 08:04 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi and Welcome,

You'll be fine this weekend, just be sure to plan ahead and keep yourself busy. It sounds like you have a good perspective and know what areas of your life you want to improve. Stopping drinking is the first step and now the journey begins.
Old 12-08-2006, 08:34 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Chicago

I lived in Chicago for four years. I partied a lot there and hurt myself because of it. Have you found meetings to go to in Chicago. Its a great town.
Old 12-08-2006, 09:08 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Not yet. I'm still nervous about that. But I have been looking into that. Any suggestions?
Old 12-08-2006, 09:13 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Location: Scottsdale, AZ, one big happy dysfunctional family!
There should be a number for your local AA intergroup in the Yellow Pages. Call them and they can refer you to a meeting, or search one out on the AA website. It won't hurt, and could change your life. I think everyone's nervous about trying an AA meeting, but some of us become very comfortable around people just like us.
Old 12-08-2006, 09:18 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Location: Scottsdale, AZ, one big happy dysfunctional family!
Here's a link to your intergroup site: http://www.chicagoaa.org/
Old 12-08-2006, 09:20 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Rinnie's Grandpa

Originally Posted by blkgrllost View Post
Not yet. I'm still nervous about that. But I have been looking into that. Any suggestions?
Welcome to SR blkgrllost...

I'm new here myself, but in the few weeks I've been here, I've found some nice people and great advice...

Here's a link to help you find some AA meetings in Chicago...

http://www.chicagoaa.org/meetings/

Best of luck to you...Stick around...

One day at a time.

Steve