help

Old 12-08-2006, 06:38 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

help

Hi

I have wrecked my life.
Old 12-08-2006, 06:45 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

It's never too late!! As long as there is breath left in your body you CAN start again! This is a great place to find help!
Old 12-08-2006, 06:47 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
NAIOU

grebell why don't you tell us about it. I am sure someone here can relate to what you are going through. I have been through and done just about anything you can imagine.
Old 12-08-2006, 06:52 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

we're here to help. you haven't wrecked your life, today is a new day. it may look bad now, but if you are at the bottom, the only way to go is up. share what you want to, so you can get some support
logo, i am looking for you in the whatever thread....
Old 12-08-2006, 07:08 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Rinnie's Grandpa

Good morning grebell...

Just by coming to this site means that you want help. We are all in the same situation as you. Some better off...some worse off...

There are many good and caring people here...

Just stay Strong and Positive about getting better...

One day at a time.

Steve

Old 12-08-2006, 07:11 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

OK. Well, I spent a lot of time and money working no my career, but i had two DWIs. I went back to school to get a masters. I have a bunch of debt from getting the degree and from using and drinking. People were concerned about my drinking and I started to get concerned too. Plus I was broke. So I came back to my hometown to try and learn how to get sober. I went to meetings, etc.. I put my career on hold. Dove into the program as much as I knew how. Things started to improve slowly as far as my mindset and not picking up, but not my external circumstances..well they did a little. I got a job that doesnt utilize my degree but paid me extremely less than what graduates are making from my school. In fact, extremely less than what i was making before i went to school. About the same that i was making in highschool. I then started getting calls from recruiters to go to a bunch of different interviews. So I was flying around to the companies. However, I wasn't getting an offer. Then I did almost get this one job, but they did the background check and were upset that I didn't say anything about the DWIs. I kept on trudging along. Anyway, I live alone,and my head started spinning, and i didnt talk toanyone about it. I took my eyes off of the program and looked at my circumstances and started slipping. I started feeling sorry for my circumstances. I got pissed. I went back out. I didn't tell anyone. I drank a couple of times. Now I just got out of jail for ANOTHER ouil. Now I am really screwed. Student loan people calling me for money, credit cards calling. Then when I got home..i couldnt believe it...a job that i really really wanted was interested in flying me out to have a second interview. Damn! I don't think I can go to it now. I would have to get permission from the Judge. And then even if i got the job, i most likely would have to come back here and serve more time. Unless anyone knows if they will transfer the whole case to another state?? Its a really good job. I most likely will not be able to drive for a very long time. The recruiter keeps calling me and asking what is going on. I now left my apartment and am living at a shelter (mission). just a bunch of thoughts that are going thru my head. I am having a hard time accepting what has happened. I invested a lot of my time, money, and energy into a professional career. However, i dont think my dreams ar egoing to happen now.
Old 12-08-2006, 07:12 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Location: Scottsdale, AZ, one big happy dysfunctional family!
I wrecked my life too, and gave away everything that I thought was important to me. But now I have a new life, and it started the day I sobered up. Help is everywhere, and this is a good place to start. If I can do it, anyone can.

Glad you're here. Keep posting and tell us more.

Scott
Old 12-08-2006, 07:28 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Rinnie's Grandpa

One positive for you is that you have a degree!!!

Many people in life don't even have a high school diploma...

Write down everything you have going for you. Sure, you made mistakes. Thats in the past. I would write the judge and explain your job situation. Some judges do have hearts. They don't want to see you again standing in front of them...

Best of luck to you...

One day at a time.

Steve

Old 12-08-2006, 07:40 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by grebell View Post
Hi

I have wrecked my life.

I wrecked my life too but I got into a program and out of my own head and now 5 years later my life is great. Yours will be too. Like someone suggested, talk to the judge.. go to rehab maybe?

Nothing changes if nothing changes... I hope you'll find some help soon. There's tons of support here at SR, so please keep in touch.
Old 12-08-2006, 10:23 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Michski,

What kind of program?