Notices

Help with ex-boyfriend addict

Old 12-04-2006, 01:54 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Help with ex-boyfriend addict

I was in a relationship with a man and found out he was an addict. I was unfamiliar with addict behavior and thought he was a special smart addict and my friend.

He cheated twice ( I thought since I loved him so much that he would stop)......until I ran into him on a date.

He has tried for the last 9 months to get me back and I thought he might be better...but found he had been drinking and was not in recovery in any way. Every time I thank he is sane.. he does something contrary to that.

Last time I saw him he wrote me a five page love note... and then I have not seen him since.

He was cast in a play (he has always wanted to do this).....and is getting rave reviews.

I wish I could see him in the play... but he has offended me so greatly I am not sure how it is possible. While he was trying to get me back...he apologized profusely for cheating.

I feel crazy around him because he is fun, dynamic, sexy...... and now in a play...

I wish I didn't love him but I do.. He has lost all of my trust.

I am not sure why I want to see him in the play but I do. I keep thinking he is better.. my heart also really hurts...

He is not good for me.

J
Old 12-07-2006, 12:10 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

i know how you feel, my fiancee is a alcoholic and drug addict and no matter what i do he wont keep up with quitting. i love him with all my heart and soul when he's sober he is a great guy and when he's not depending how how much and what he is using he's 4 different people. I keep leaving for a night or a few hours he tells me what i want to hear to shut up and then it's a big cycle and i'm ready to quit all togther. You hurt with or without him.