Notices

Today's Day Eight

Old 12-03-2006, 05:18 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Today's Day Eight

I quit drinking last Sunday, had my last drink Saturday night. I've tried to quit a bunch of times before and never made it past the two month mark. I did a week-long cleanse that helped me to stay focused and not drink. Today's the first day of being off of that, though I am on a raw-food/vegetable diet for this week. I feel like keeping a structure on my diet will help me be stronger in not drinking. Does that make any sense?

My husband is out of town, which is also making it easier. He drinks, but isn't a problem drinker.

I'm feeling the way I did after I quit smoking, like I've gained power by quitting daily drinking. I'm thinking that to drink is to be tied to a substance that rules my world, to miss out on life, to be dulled and inactive, to not connect with other people. I am feeling good but I know I need to find meetings. I can't stay on path on my own.

I printed out directions to three different meetings between work and home and am planning to try one this week.

I'm 37, have two kids, and want a better life for myself. I'm glad you are all here so I can read your posts and feel like someone else is going through the same thing.
Old 12-03-2006, 05:27 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Hope3

Red face Mercury's rising!

Way to go Mercury911, this is my 5th day completed. I agree with you to be dulled is a waste. Hang in there. The best Hope3!
Old 12-03-2006, 06:05 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Welxome!

I printed out directions to three different meetings between work and home and am planning to try one this week.
Good for you! The more support the better.

Blessings..
Old 12-03-2006, 06:48 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Midas

Congrats on your sober time so far!
Originally Posted by mercury911
keeping a structure on my diet will help me be stronger in not drinking.
You said it. Structure is good.