Notices

Any moms out there keeping sane while not using - Part 4

Old 11-30-2006, 08:46 PM
  # 81 (permalink)  

ayla--stay strong there sista...you can do it!
Old 11-30-2006, 11:55 PM
  # 82 (permalink)  

It sure does seem like the season to struggle, doesn't it. I think that's normal though. Doesn't everyone complain about the stress of the holidays? I have to believe it's compounded to the nth degree for newly recovering addicts.

Just keep hanging in there.
Old 12-01-2006, 04:59 AM
  # 83 (permalink)  

codi...are you ok?
Old 12-01-2006, 05:04 AM
  # 84 (permalink)  

Good morning everyone!!

Just a short update on everything yesterday...DH was released of coarse, and came home apologizing, apologizing, and more apologizing. We did talk...basically what it comes down to is unless he goes to counseling for anger management, he's out!! In the meantime, he's going to stay at his mom's for a bit, to think about some things.

I did go to the ER eventually because the glass was pretty much embedded, so they had to open the wound to get it out...actually it was a pretty little piece, but it hurt like Hell to get it out!!! Feels ok now, though.

Had a freezing ice storm last night...there goes my ONE day of the week without kids here..crap. I was looking forward to licking my wounds, and reading in bed all day..no go.

Can't believe you guys went through 4 pages yesterday!! Chatty bunch aren't we! Love to everyone today, and especially those of you with a housefull of kids off from school due to this damn storm!!!

xoxoxoxo--Codi--
Old 12-01-2006, 05:32 AM
  # 85 (permalink)  

we are under a tornado watch!!! it is going from 65 to 20 in like three hours...and chase is in a modular unit at school, because this crappy town we live in can't afford to build new or repair the old schools...did i ever tell you all that i was in a tornado when i lived in joliet...that was about as afraid as i have ever been, and of course my husband was working, so i was at home with a 8 yr old, a 2 yr old and a new baby...crouched in the basement watching the world turn black outside my window and hearing glass breaking upstairs and things flying around my house...needless to say i freak a little when they say tornado...but i'm very good at staying outwardly calm...unlike my husband...he is such a dork when bad things happen...he instantly panics and scares the crap out of everyone...the last time the sirens went off he started SCREAMING...BASEMENT...GET TO THE BASEMENT!!!! and of course the kids were scared to death and crying and screaming...and mommy had to calm everyone down and act like she was calm....while goofy mike runs around in a panic grabbing 'survival' supplies...dork...you should see him when i go into labor...

codi...i think many of us have been through similar violent situations in our marriage...i hope things work out the way you want them too, and i hope your kiddos are calm and sweet today and give mommy a break...how's the heart thing and all of your other symptoms?
Old 12-01-2006, 05:39 AM
  # 86 (permalink)  

Good morning!

Liiise, I'm so glad you're here- now you have lots of sisters to lean on!

Codi- I was really worried about you (we ALL were). It sounds like you are taking the steps you need to get things back on track. We're here for you.

I went to coffe with my 3 friends last night. 2 didn't know about my situation yet. As expected, they were stunned. Like evryone else I told they were wonderful..It was emotional and they were so loving and supportive. They will all be here to help me. I have my first therapy session this afternoon. I'm terrified!!! I'm such a mess- what if she charges me double??

I have to get to work- I'll talk to you all later.

Ayla you sound better, I'm glad.
Alissa- was your night ok.
misty, joanne, beezy, candy, c'est have a good day. (sorry if I left you out)

Ruby- I want a yummy, smelly update on your chili and punch.

Stay warm everyone!- love you all
xoxo Tammy
Old 12-01-2006, 05:42 AM
  # 87 (permalink)  

Ayla, how scary! I have been through many earthquakes in Cal. but not a tornado. Can you go get chase from school?
Old 12-01-2006, 05:50 AM
  # 88 (permalink)  

i've actually been through two earthquakes myself...one here in ohio...and one in illinoise...both times i had no idea what they were...the first time i thought someone was breaking into my house and the second time i thought there was a car accident outside my house...(they were just little ones...)

i called the school and let them know that chase is scared of tornadoes more so than other children....and they assured me that they have a safe place for him...but i wish i would have kept him home today...aidan's at school, too..so i'm going to call them now...
Old 12-01-2006, 05:52 AM
  # 89 (permalink)  

Ayla, I would go snatch up my babies, I think!

I will praying for all of you bad weather moms today!!!! Stay safe.
xoxo T
Old 12-01-2006, 06:01 AM
  # 90 (permalink)  

we're ok....the watch is over and the rain is easing up...thank god...i get a little panicked when the weather is bad..i used to love storms...but now i'm chicken...
Old 12-01-2006, 06:08 AM
  # 91 (permalink)  

Ayla...if what's happening here is coming your way, batten down the hatches! We aren't under any tornado watches, but a high wind warning and let me tell ya, I'm scared to death!! There is stuff flying everywhere and I'm terrified something is going to come thru a window or something! I need to go get my daughter some cold medicine but I'm afraid to go out...I have a little sports car and it will blow all over the road!!

Speaking of the sick baby and the weather...I think the decision has been made for me regarding tonight. I want and need to tend to my sickling and it's going to be so cold and ugly tonight...I'm actually looking forward to a date with Clinton & Stacy in my flannel pj's! What a difference a year makes, huh? This time last year, I would be sending her to grandma's and partying on....

Keep warm and safe everyone!
Old 12-01-2006, 06:14 AM
  # 92 (permalink)  

Ayla--withdrawls such, huh? The heart palps are still here, and here comes the diahrrea, but I'm not sure if its w/d's or just stress!!! Santa better work his charm in my house today (Santa can see what you're doing...so you better behave! LOL) I really just want to go back to bed!!! Good day for it here. At least if we had had a snowstorm I could kick the kids outside, too cold and yucky with the ice!!

Ugh....there already at eachother's throats! God grant me serentity!!!!

xoxo-Codi
Old 12-01-2006, 06:28 AM
  # 93 (permalink)  

codi...quick...distract them...you have any paint or playdough or anything they don't get to do that they would be excited about??

yes, ruby...it's coming our way fast...i lived outside chicago and the wind is really scary...we had hurricane force winds there sometimes...right now we have a gentle breeze and it is like 15 or 20 degrees warmer here...i can hear my mom's windchimes...they sound so pretty...she loved days like this when the wind was blowing...she asked for windchimes for mothers day last year and she got like 10 of them...it is very noisy on my porch!

man, it is so nice to feel better today...i'm taking it easy because i'm a little weak, i didn't eat for like three days...and i'm sure i was a little dehydrated...wow...i am such a baby when i'm sick, huh? but i just get sooo sick because i still have to take care of everyone...i lucked out this time to have people take care of me for a change...i really did think about going to the hospital a couple of times...thanks again for being here for me this week, my friends...hey...i have a week today!!!!
Old 12-01-2006, 06:36 AM
  # 94 (permalink)  

Oh Ayla...I love that your wind chimes are happy. It must be a wondrous sound your Mom is hearing from Heaven..I'm sure she's so proud! Congrats on one week! As I've said before..you rock!!!

This will be my 3rd Christmas without my Grandma...she soooo loved this time of year. I think that's one reason I refuse, no matter what is going on, or how much money I don't have, to be bah-humbug about Christmas! She would be so disappointed in me. I will always keep her traditions alive!!!
Old 12-01-2006, 06:45 AM
  # 95 (permalink)  

It snowed...it snowed...it is so pretty..my dog is in heaven...newfoundlands LOVE the snow...I am cracking up watching him...It is VERY cold and we went to the neighbors last night and played board games and ate lasagna..It was fun...kids are home but so is hubby...I hope everyone has a great day, i will check in off an on but we are gonna decorate and make cookies and stuff.

I want you all to be strong okay...tell those inner addict voices to **** off, you are better without it.....

Love to my friends,
~B
Old 12-01-2006, 06:50 AM
  # 96 (permalink)  

glad to see everyone up and ok this am
Old 12-01-2006, 06:54 AM
  # 97 (permalink)  

f*** off inner addict...f*** off inner addict...f*** off inner addict...everybody chant...

beezy...that sounds like such a wonderful day you are planning...we are doing that on sunday....did i say my brothers are coming to look through mom's decorations? i'm kinda looking forward to it...we will probably go to the hill we spread her ashes on and say hi...i have decided to enjoy this holiday, because that is what she would want...

i dreamed about her last night...she was so beautiful...i saw her walking in the neighborhood we lived in when i was a little girl...and she was bathed in this incredible light...she said "remember to close your eyes"...i have to go get the poem i read for her at her memorial so you all understand what it meant...i really feel like she was here...
Old 12-01-2006, 06:56 AM
  # 98 (permalink)  

f*** off inner addict...f*** off inner addict...f*** off inner addict
chanting with you
Old 12-01-2006, 07:00 AM
  # 99 (permalink)  

Good for you Ayla, that is exactly what you're mom would've wanted!! I'm soooo glad you're finally feeling a little bit better, take it nice and easy today, (easier said than done with little ones around, huh!)

I'm going to take my kiddos to my neighbors house and have some coffee (tea for me, caffiene would just about kill me) hopefully all the kids can entertain eachother!

Misti--how are you feeling? Hanging in there I hope.

Everyone have a safe, warm and sober day!!!
Love you all!!

Codi
Old 12-01-2006, 07:16 AM
  # 100 (permalink)  

Good morning everyone!

We're having a heck of a storm here too -- it's grey and windy and cold and POURING outside. I drove the kids to school and it's only up the street and around the corner! I won't be going out again today if I can help it. (Isn't one of the best things about not drinking also not having to go OUT in bad weather to get to the liquor store?)

I have a day off work today, so will be cleaning up and getting the indoor Christmas stuff out (except the tree - we always get a live tree closer to the date).

The plan for tonight is similar to yours Beezy. We're cocooning - baking cookies, making candy apples (that we never made for Halloween), playing board games and maybe watching a movie.

CHICAGO last night with my 13yo was so much fun. We're both quite tall (I'm 5'10 1/2 and she's about 5'8". We both had boots on with heels. At the corner outside the theatre, a woman said to her friend, "Wow. Look how tall that girl is. I feel like a midget beside her." My daughter turned to her and said, "Dude. I can hear you, you know." LMAO. I would never have had the guts to say anything when I was her age. Glad her self-esteem is stronger than mine.

Ayla, glad you're feeling better now. I meant to say that I loved what you wrote about the woman you were and the woman you are. I simply loved it -- beautifully put.

Tammy, I'm thrilled that your friends were so understanding. I'm sure that really, really helps--being surrounded by caring people who want to help. Hey, that's what we have here, too. We are blessed, aren't we?

Ruby, I hope your daughter feels better. It's wonderful that you'll be curling up near her and watching Clinton and Stacy. I have never watched this show, but I think I may have to check it out!!

I hope everyone has a great Friday. I know it's still early, but for a change this is one Friday where I absolutely do NOT feel like having a drink. I'm making PUNCH tonight!!!

((((((Hugs to all my favourite Mommas)))))