Notices

I REALLY need to know something here please...

Old 11-28-2006, 05:52 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Thumbs down I REALLY need to know something here please...

Does anyone else here feel kind of ill or "fluey" the day after a heavy evening of drinking?. My temp has been going between 99.0 - 99.3 all evening and yesterday I relapsed (no alcohol today though). I'm very interested in hearing from various people about this.

- Nofuninsuds
Old 11-28-2006, 06:01 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

oh yeah, i get heart palpitations, sweats, chills, dizzy, tired, hungry, sluggish i get all these for about 4 days i hate it
Old 11-28-2006, 06:04 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Victory is mine!

You bet, those are all too familiar to me. My own diagnosis is that it is my body dealing with the toxins from the alcohol. When I drank all of the time I never really noticed them but now-a-days if I drink the next day I feel like hell. For me they usually last for 1 to 2 days and then they are gone. I like to look at it as a reminder of how bad I must have felt for all of those years that I drank.

I hope that you are getting to feel better.
Scott
Old 11-28-2006, 06:20 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Wow, same here. I always thought it was just me but I'm glad to see that I'm not alone (not that I would wish this on anyone!).

I also tend to feel sick/ill/fluey for a day or two afterwards along with all of the symptoms I see described here. I went 4 days without drinking but I found myself in a stressful situation and before I knew it, I had drank 5-6 gin & sprites over ice.

I went to bed and slept like a log into 3:00 in the morning but I had all kinds of horrible nightmares and woke up feeling like a frieght train had run over me and immediately went back to bed hoping to "sleep it off".

Today, I have felt like I just came out of a coma or something (dizzy, zoned out, floor feels like it's moving under me and all kinds of other crazy feelings).

Definately no fun and I plan to get back on my Campral tommorow because I DEFINATELY don't want to feel this way again any time soon.

- Nofuninsuds
Old 11-28-2006, 06:26 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Yep, after a good weekend bender I would have one heck of a time on Sundays. I would sweat almost all night, get the chills bad dreams all of it. It feels terrible.

Hang in there, you can only feel better from here.
Old 11-28-2006, 06:36 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

My temp was 98.7 a little while ago and just a few seconds ago, it went down to 98.5 so hopefully my body/immune system has gotten rid of most of the toxins by now. Day 4-5 is supposed to be the "magic number" but by then I'm feeling good again and ready to plunge back into the sauce. The insanity of it all. Why do we always fool ourselves into thinking thinking "this time" will be different?.

- Nofuninsuds
Old 11-28-2006, 07:42 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Old & Sober Member of AA

Step 2. Came to believe that a power greater than ourselves could restore us to sanity.
Why do we always fool ourselves into thinking thinking "this time" will be different?
Definition of insanity: Doing the same thing over and over, and expecting different results.

Could be time to get off that alcoholic merry-go-round...there is no brass ring at the end of the ride! Only jail, insanity, or death!